[2.1 Video Guide] Crit Magma Orb Guide - Dropping Bombs! [SC Build & Atziri Viable]

Updated and viable for 2.1!

2.0 Video Guide: Path of Exile 2.0: Crit Magma Orb [SC & Atziri Viable]

This video (although outdated) will explain the details and help you get a better understanding of how this character works as well as showing in-game footage of how the build performs.

If you have any questions about the build, come to my twitch stream and I will do my best to answer them:

Lifting's Twitch Live Stream Channel

What's up my fellow Wraeclast exiles!?
This is the official thread for my "Beginners Crit Magma Orb Shadow" build. In this thread I will cover the requirements of the build. To get a more detailed explanation on how the build works and needs to be setup, check out the link to my video-guide above.

First of all, what is this build and who is it suited for?

1. Beginners who seeks an effective, safe and fairly simple but fun character to begin their adventure in Wraeclast.

2. Players who seek a powerful build that can run the highest level maps and kill the hardest bosses for less than the cost of 1 exalted orb (With the exception of Atziri)

3. Fans of Fireballs and explosions!

4. A build that is both viable for hardcore as well as softcore.

5. People who prefer a build that has a video-guide linked to it.

Build introduction:

I originally intended to update my fireball build guide, but since it is no longer possible to "shotgun" in this game fireball is no longer in a good spot. Instead I decided to roll with Magma Orb, which I am now very happy I did. This skill is pretty awesome!

The strength of the build lies in having a good amount of damage, being able to use double heralds, an aura and Arctic Armour while casting your skills through the cost of energy shield.

Even with gear worth less than 1 exalt, the clear speed of this build is good. If you decide to invest some serious currency into this build you will have a very efficient build.

Skill-gems and setups:

1: Magma Orb Spell Echo, Fire Penetration, Slower Projectiles, Increased Area of Effect (5-link) and Critical Hit Damage/Faster Casting (6-link).

2: Assassins Mark, linked with Curse-On-Hit, Herald of Thunder and Herald of Ice.

3: Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 9), linked with Immortal Call (lvl 11) and Increased Duration.

4: Purity of Fire, Arctic Armour, Flame Golem and Minion Life

5: Enduring Cry, Vaal Discipline, Increased Duration and Blood Magic.

6: Lightning Warp linked with Less Duration and Faster Casting.

Passive Skill-tree:
(Needs to be opened in the off-line skill-tree calculator, link below)

https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/tag/2.2.3 (copy the skill-tree link and post it into the program)

Leveling skill-tree, 36 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 64 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 88 points:

Finished build 118 points:

Bandit Quest Rewards:
- Normal : Help Oak for 40+ life
- Cruel : Kill them all for 1+ skill-point
- Merciless: Help Alira for 1+ to maximum power charges

Gearing and stat priorities:

When you are resistance capped, this is the stats you should aim for

For defence: (Number 1 being the most important and number 5 the least important)

1. Life
2. Energy Shield/Armor
3. Strength/Dexterity
4. Chaos Resistance

For offence:

1. Fire damage, Spell Damage and Elemental damage
2. Critical Strike Chance
3. Cast Speed
4. Critical hit chance
5. Critical hit multiplier

Awesome, but not required uniques that greatly benefits this build:

None of these uniques are required, but they can greatly increase the power of the build if you are willing to invest the time and currency

The above information serves as a rough guideline to get you started with the build. I recommend watching my video-guide, especially if you are new to the game, in the video I will explain some of the skills and how they work and how you should spend your skill points while leveling.

2.0 Video Guide: Path of Exile 2.0: Crit Magma Orb [SC & Atziri Viable]

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the build, but please do me the favor of watching the video first. It should explain a lot of the common questions you might have :)

Stay safe!

Kind Regards
LNB
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Dec 10, 2015, 10:22:12 AM
Thank u for the build in theory it's must be cool, but did u test it in beta? And it's ok in 1 month HC league?
Last edited by Kadomir on Jul 10, 2015, 5:13:33 PM
"
Kadomir wrote:
Thank u for the build in theory it's must be cool, but did u test it in beta? And it's ok in 1 month HC league?

I have tested out the build and played it on the beta yes. Check out the video for gameplay footage :)
"
"
Kadomir wrote:

I have tested out the build and played it on the beta yes. Check out the video for gameplay footage :)

Which jewels we need for this build?
"
Kadomir wrote:
"
"
Kadomir wrote:

Which jewels we need for this build?

Rare ones that has the suggested offensive or defensive affixes that I have showcased in the guide :)
Going to bed now. I will answer the remaining questions tomorrow. I hope you all had a good start in The Awakening!
Greetings,

I was looking for a new Shadow build after playing dual claws for quite some time.
I did maps up to lvl 75 without any problems at all with my dual claw shadow pre awakening...
Then I watched your video, the specc looked nice and fun so I decided to give it a try...

I'm sitting at 4k HP and 1.5k ES...
I can't run Purity of Fire because bot Heralds and Arctic Armor seem to reserve too much mana...
And despite using the mentioned uniques (weapon, shield, carcass) I'm only doing 4k DPS right now (pushing the gems) but the lvl 68 map I ran was an absolute disaster...I kept using Enduring Cry but to no avail...I simply get wrecked (res capped!)...

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
I know that I have to lvl the gems further and I also have to reroll for red sockets (pretty hard on int stuff -.-) but overall it feels like I should at least be able to do a 68 map -.-

PS:
Wenn ich es richtig gesehen habe, kommst du aus Deutschland, falls ja, wäre es OK dir eine PN zu schreiben? Geht gegebenenfalls schneller ;)
"
Going to bed now. I will answer the remaining questions tomorrow. I hope you all had a good start in The Awakening!

Thanks for build again
"
Vallerian wrote:
Greetings,

I was looking for a new Shadow build after playing dual claws for quite some time.
I did maps up to lvl 75 without any problems at all with my dual claw shadow pre awakening...
Then I watched your video, the specc looked nice and fun so I decided to give it a try...

I'm sitting at 4k HP and 1.5k ES...
I can't run Purity of Fire because bot Heralds and Arctic Armor seem to reserve too much mana...
And despite using the mentioned uniques (weapon, shield, carcass) I'm only doing 4k DPS right now (pushing the gems) but the lvl 68 map I ran was an absolute disaster...I kept using Enduring Cry but to no avail...I simply get wrecked (res capped!)...

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
I know that I have to lvl the gems further and I also have to reroll for red sockets (pretty hard on int stuff -.-) but overall it feels like I should at least be able to do a 68 map -.-

PS:
Wenn ich es richtig gesehen habe, kommst du aus Deutschland, falls ja, wäre es OK dir eine PN zu schreiben? Geht gegebenenfalls schneller ;)

That sounds a little weird mate. A level 68 map should be a breeze. But the obvious problem is of course if you don't have your skill-gems leveled. This is one of the absolute biggest damage contributors for any caster build.

If you cant run the auras, heralds and AA, it is because you either haven't taken all the aura nodes yet, or because you may have a support gem linked to one of these skills increasing their mana cost.

I am actually Danish mate ;D
"
Kadomir wrote:
"

Thanks for build again

My pleasure mate, gl! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info