[2.0] aoe crit caster: skill comparison videos. Brotherhood ON/OFF

For this round of beta I tested a life/es crit aoe spell caster with vaal pact and ghost reaver. End game goals would be 4k life, 0ish chaos resist, and 4-6k ES. In the videos I had 3.3k life and 1.6k ES with -60 chaos resist. The tree doesn't take many %increased passives, rather I would eventually use Doryani's for huge % increased elemental damage. DPS would be around 50k rather than 10-20k as you see in the videos. All gems used are L18.

I also managed to buy a Call of the Brotherhood ring and play around with it. The below videos showcase me using different AoE spells, as well as testing the effect of the Brotherhood ring for cold and light spells.

Gear-Tree-Gems

Skill Tree. I swapped Heart of thunder for the other elements when testing them.
The chance to avoid interruption from stuns while casting nodes are amazing for casters who rely on VP/leech to survive.

HoT-CoH-Asn Mark-Warlord's Mark
CWDT-Frost Wall-Summon SKeletons-IC
with WM we leech and have endurance charges up for when IC gets proc'd as a result we get 1.2-1.6sec ICs. Usually that's enough to leech.

Magma Orb - Spell Echo - Life Leech - Conc Effect - Inc AoE
Flameblast - Spell Echo - Life Leech - Conc Effect - Inc AoE
Ice Nova - Spell Echo - Life Leech - Conc Effect - Faster Casting
Glacial Cascade - Spell Echo - Life Leech - Conc Effect - Inc AoE
Ball Lightning - Spell Echo - Life Leech - Slower Projectiles - Inc AoE
Lightning Tendrils - Spell Echo - Life Leech - Conc Effect - Inc AoE
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Jul 9, 2015, 3:28:38 PM
You forgot to test Arctic Breath. IMO it's pretty strong.
Lightning Tendrils yt link is not working.

From what I've seen, Ball Lightning looks strong.
Shock Nova seems good, but it's killing my eyes.
Glacial Cascade would be a lot better with 50%+ Increase AoE.

The Fire spells and Ice Nova feel lackluster. It might be due to not having good cast speed. Dunno.
You forgot firestorm?
Shock duration is still based off of lightning damage so what's the point of Brotherhood with Cold spells.
You can see how lackluster it is compared to BL/Shock Nova.
dont use flameblast with herald of ice
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Herald of ice ruins your Flameblast setup, rendering it absolutely uncomparable

BL + Brotherhood is a horrible idea too.

I do not understand why you are comparing stuff with super suboptimal setups. This thread makes very little sense.
Last edited by Woodfist on Jul 9, 2015, 11:16:23 AM
There's nothing horrible about BL + Brotherhood. It offers the control most lightning builds lack and opens up pretty good synergy with Hypothermia and Berek's Grip. Maybe not great but far from horrible.
Last edited by Kabushiki on Jul 9, 2015, 12:15:41 PM
> You forgot firestorm?

Never liked it, and didn't have enough sockets to level it.

> Herald of ice ruins your Flameblast setup, rendering it absolutely uncomparable
> BL + Brotherhood is a horrible idea too.
> I do not understand why you are comparing stuff with super suboptimal setups. This thread makes very little sense.

Yeah I had a flameblast without prolif, and it was about equally bad. BL+Brotherhood is not bad at all. The point of comparing stuff is to see what is bad/what is good. You get to see how mob HP and resist messes up the conversion/freeze/shock mechanics that you'd expect to work in theory.

> Shock duration is still based off of lightning damage so what's the point of Brotherhood with Cold spells.

Good point.

---

Also adding links for tendrils and shock nova without brotherhood.

Umm no arc??!
Its one of the most powerful spells in the entire game. First char i always make on new ladder. Can hit 20k+ dps easily and insane clearspeed, much better than BL imo.
"
nightblade157 wrote:
Umm no arc??!
Its one of the most powerful spells in the entire game. First char i always make on new ladder. Can hit 20k+ dps easily and insane clearspeed, much better than BL imo.

AoE spells. I would probably have a different tree if I didn't get all the aoe nodes. Wouldn't be fair to compare arc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info