Returning for [2.0] - 2H Dagger Death Cyclone

Coming back for 2.0 after year or so hiatus, another build idea before the expansion goes live on the 10th! This is the build I plan to roll with straight out of the gate for the new warband league.

I rocked a 2H RT cyclone in masters, getting 20k dps and decent sustainability. Loved the build, but unfortunately don't remember a shred of it or how it worked and because my char reset I don't have a tree idea to go off, but this is what I came up with:

Always wanted to go crit, and what better way to rocket that desire then to recently have found out of the sweet new, Dagger Axe! It has a 40% increased crit chance implicit on the low level version, probably higher on the top tier version. 2H crit was always iffy purely because there haven't been great crit chance weapons, but now players have something to look towards. The new samurai blade is also an option for sword users, but I'm an axe guy so I'm going axe :) (even if maybe it'll out DPS due to crit multiplier and base 6% crit)

I don't know the stats of the skill tree as I don't know a skill tree stat converter, where it tells you the stats of your tree and am too lazy to read and count each node etc. So not sure what defenses are, what my life is, or how much damage I got. I'll try to aim for 180% life. I did add up the crit and it came out at 370% passive increase. But some notables about how the build will work:

I've tested with my RT build, and found out you DO NOT need to run LL gem. I'm sure the same will apply in 2.0. What I did was just get leech on amu, 6%, get that with some other gear with ll sprinkled here and there and get around 10% total your golden. I ran BM and used all mana for aura's. Hatred+HoA should be fine, maybe work in Grace somehow with alpha's howl or the sacrifice to aura reserve nodes. Running Acro because I'm not confident in armor, unless I should be? I hear cyclone mana was getting changed so perhaps there's reason to go mana cyclone and drop BM all together, but I'd have to see some evidence before changing gears.

Leveling will be non-crit until we get a decent Dagger Axe, then respec someway into crit nodes. Notable gears are Daresso's defiance perhaps, maybe Rat's Nest and rest normal life/res/crit/accuracy/leech gear. Here's a quick leveling path in 20 point interval:

Looking at the leveling, its gonna be rough mid way. Because we cross half the map, there's gonna be a lot of dead levels where you just won't gain anything. Because we need crit, we have to cross to them. But it comes and settles back down around 80 pts, where 80>100 is extremely powerful damage wise.
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
Last edited by TokyoToho on Jul 10, 2015, 5:17:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info