Iron Will [Doon Cuebiyari] and Might in All Forms [Unique Jewel]

First off:

Might in All Forms = Dexterity and Intelligence from passives in Radius count towards Strength Melee Damage bonus.

Iron Will = Strength's damage bonus applies to Spell Damage as well for Supported Skills.

If I were to slot the "Might in All Forms" Jewel into my tree, and were using Doon Cuebiyari to Apply lvl 30 Iron Will to a spell like Fireball, Ice Nova or Spark, how would the two interact?

The jewel reads "MELEE DAMAGE Bonus", but does that apply to Iron Will as well, which simply reads "Strength's DAMAGE bonus"?

I have no way of testing this at this moment in time, but I am very curious, and have not seen it tested anywhere.
Haven't tested it either but I'm thinking it might work, it all depends on the way it was implemented internally.

If dex and int count as str nodes when you socket the jewel it will work, but if they made them just give a melee phys damage bonus, it won't. I don't think they were that lazy, the jewel was obviously meant to be used on right side of the tree and that sometimes means iron grip, if it didn't work it would be pretty embarrassing. And if IG woks, IW will too.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 7, 2015, 12:14:57 PM
Iron will clearly states that it bases its bonus on your strengh, so I think it will not work. This jewel adds an additional bonus to dex and int, it doesn't convert it.
-
"
Zybeline2 wrote:
Iron will clearly states that it bases its bonus on your strengh, so I think it will not work. This jewel adds an additional bonus to dex and int, it doesn't convert it.

Actually it states that strength's damage bonus is applied to spells - doesn't say that strength itself counts towards the spell damage bonus, so my guess is that it will work, as generally GGG are very specific about their wording for a reason.

Rampage league

IGN: MadMalkodet
Strength gives a bonus to Melee Physical Damage.
Might In All Forms allows Dexterity and Intelligence from nodes in it's radius to count towards that bonus as though they were strength, increasing the value of the bonus.
Iron Will applies that same bonus to Spell Damage, in addition to Melee Physical Damage.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Strength gives a bonus to Melee Physical Damage.
Might In All Forms allows Dexterity and Intelligence from nodes in it's radius to count towards that bonus as though they were strength, increasing the value of the bonus.
Iron Will applies that same bonus to Spell Damage, in addition to Melee Physical Damage.

There is a wording error in the description it says:

Dexterity and Intelligence from passives in Radius
count towards Strength Melee Damage bonus

While it gives:

Dexterity and Intelligence from passives in Radius
count towards Strength Melee Physical Damage bonus
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jan 19, 2016, 2:02:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info