[1.3] Ranger Dual Wield Crit w/ Bino's Kitchen Knife (150k Reave / >230k Dual Strike) Atziri killed

Hi guys,

Made a pretty decent build and I'd like to share it out with you guys.

This build utilizes Bino's regen which is very helpful and most of the time you won't need to use flasks to refill your life, nor do you require high % of life leech.

At the same time, since it's a dual wield build, you can use dual strike which provides very high DPS against single target. I am currently getting 130k on a lv20 0q Dual strike with Rat's Nest. With Abyssus, the numbers rise to 230k DPS.

For most map settings, I use Reave as it allows me to clear fast and with ease.

I also use Abyssus most of the time because to be frank, you're only going to get one shot if you "stand in the fire" or get a desync/texture loading lag while being surrounded by mobs.

If you are feeling unsafe, you can switch to Rat's Nest, but the DPS lost is just too much to give away.

Example:

Ingame Stats:

w/ Rat's Nest Helm
Spoiler
Offense (No Power Charge)

Offense (With Power Charge)

Defence

w/ Abyssus Helm
Spoiler
Offense (No Power Charge)

Offense (With Power Charge)

Defence

Skill Tree at lv91 (updated for 1.3)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QW1Bx4ILgqbDkgRlhHVFSAWvxmOGbQi4iP2JP0mlSoLLOEs6TBxMHw4ljpCRwZHfkfiSVFKfUt4TZJRR1VLVvVW-leXXfJgQWHiYqxjQ2NwZU1noGyMbmlwUnBWcNV313jrfXV9438rgOGE2Yd2idOMNo19jb-OipAblS6X0JoTm42dqqQ5pn-ooqr4rGav67GztMW1SLcXuT69Nr6nwdjC7MrT0IHTftQj1fjWith2227b1Nvn3Q3dqOJe45_nCudU7UHtg-968NXy4fPq_MX-uv_e

Bandits Quest:
Spoiler
Normal: Oak
+40 Life for additional hp

Cruel: Oak
I prefer increased physical damage as higher damage = higher crit damage

Merciless: Alira
I chose Alira as 50% increased crit chance is a huge boost and with my current gem setup, reaching max power charges is not an issue at all.

Keystones
Acrobatics
Phase Acrobatics
Ondar's Guile

What you need
Bino's Kitchen Knife
Fast dagger
Ways to generate power charges (PCOC or Voll's Protector)
Hatred Aura

You can choose either Armour or Evasion, however I prefer Evasion than Armour as one shot attacks are often avoidable unless desync or lag from loading or you got ganked by a huge pack of mobs all of a sudden.

Gears
Spoiler

Note: Generating power charges & capping resists are the 2 priorities. Once these two are settled, you can then gear up to boost your life and then DPS. I am comfortable with around 4.5k~5k HP, therefore I chose Abyssus & Carcass Jack for the insane DPS boost.

Some gems also require fair amount of Str attribute, so depending on your situation you might need to get gears with necessary attribute or adjust the skill tree a little.

Gem Setup
Spoiler

Main Skill
4L: Reave + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks + Multistrike (will need Voll's Protector)
5L: Reave + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Power Charge on Critical
6L Reave + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage + Power Charge on Critical

Auras

Hatred
of physical damage gained as extra cold damage is a huge DPS boost.

Herald of Ash
15% of physical damage gained as fire damage is good, not to mention the burning effect from overkill damage makes enemies receive huge DoTs.

Herald of Ice
I chose this gem as we'll be freezing enemies most of the time anyway, so the additional damage dealt to surrounding enemies when exploded is a great AoE DPS boost.

Defense 1
Cast when Damage Taken (lv7) + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + any curse (I use Temporal Chains)

Defense 2
Cast when Damage Taken (lv20) + Molten Shell

Movement
Flicker Strike / Whirling Blades / Lightning Warp

You may add on additional CWDT or indirect damage dealing for more defense or DPS boost.

Flask Setup
Spoiler

Most of my flasks are life flasks as the only thing actually needed is to remove debuff.

Pros & Cons

Pros
High survivability
Great DPS output
Able to play most map mods
Fun to play

Cons
Very likely to die on physical reflect mod
Not immune to Desync
Need to be alert (avoid Vaal Smash, don't stand in poison clouds etc)

How I handle my mana
The skill tree gives you a total of 60% mana regeneration & 24% increased maximum mana, and to be frank that is the only amount of mana you will ever need if you have a lv20 Reduced Mana. I can't spam skills for nothing, but moving around with whirling blades is not a problem with such mana regen as well

Damage Mitigation
This build utilizes Acrobatics and the 3 nodes after it and Phase Acrobatics, as well as Evasion from gears and Dex, to avoid damage altogether. When hit, Bino's insane regen usually keeps you alive, otherwise it's either Molten Shell or Immortal Call on CWDT that will save the day.

With +52% movespeed, you'll be manually avoiding most ranged and spell attacks yourself, and efficiently so. As for melee damage, the enemy should be dead before it touches you, except for bosses, and most bosses don't hit that hard unless they use their special skill.
CoC is dead, goodbye DPS hello FPS - September 2nd, 2016.
Life is in the past, use your Energy Shield instead - January 11th, 2017.
All you need is some ES whooping and you'll have your Life back - May 24th, 2017.

IGN: InfernalEnvy | Lv.100 Righteous Fire Juggernaut
Last edited by Envy1o8 on Jun 15, 2015, 6:38:48 AM
Video would be swEeeEt.
so you basically have no defense at all?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
Sparowes wrote:
Video would be swEeeEt.

will try to record video and upload

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
so you basically have no defense at all?!

yea, you don't really need it if you can erase the "standing in fire" habit.
CoC is dead, goodbye DPS hello FPS - September 2nd, 2016.
Life is in the past, use your Energy Shield instead - January 11th, 2017.
All you need is some ES whooping and you'll have your Life back - May 24th, 2017.

IGN: InfernalEnvy | Lv.100 Righteous Fire Juggernaut
its a good dps build i already tested it...
i only use 5 link chest coz mine is a budget build, with my weapons i got 170k full buff. you 1shot yourself in reflect but you can handle it if just pop up IC and make sure you have 2 or 3 E-charges

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info