[1.3] Dual Wield Static Strike, The Velocity Striker

Hello Fellow Exiles!

I'm back and with a new favourite build of mine, I call it the Velocity Striker, mainly because it attacks fast!

This build is softcore viable, not entirely sure about hardcore though because i haven't really experimented with hardcore and BoR :D

The main reason why i decided to make this build was mainly because i was Atziri farming, found 2 catalysts, and were like "hmm, what if i make a Static Strike Dual wield lolsy build?" Well, through a few minutes of skill tree planning, item planning and stuff, i managed to make this monster.

So, read along, learn, wonder!

Exactly How Fast can you attack?
Well, good question! I was playing a bit last night, when i came across an Echo Shrine, and thought the exact same question, well, as you can see in the picture below, pretty damn fast!

Note: I Didnt take a full screenshot due to the space, and i know people hate scrolling to the side :P

The Skill Tree that made this possible!

A more in-depth guide to the skill tree!

Points 1-31 Basically take all these nodes at duelist, ASAP, As they're closest to you, and more convenient, its perfectly balanced between DPS, and life.

Points 32-64Travel to the ranged area, take Fencing, then Forces of Nature, before proceeding to the ranger tree, you will get so much DPS from here, and attack speed also, :D

Points 65-93 Take the two life notables Heart of Oak, and Thick Skin for some nice Life boost, then start travelling to the Scion area, take the 3 Main melee nodes named: Studious Combatant, Duality, and Berserking, from there, go up to the Scion Life Wheel and take Constitution and Path of the Warrior

Final Bits and pieces Finally, take Iron Reflexes (by now, you would be able to use Bringer of Rain) and then cut through the Scion Evasion Wheel, up to Harrier, then the Scion starter attack nodes, while you're there, take Hired Killer for some life and life gain on kill

Offensive/Defensive Sheets

With Echoing Shrine (lols)
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last edited by Slayer_Tip on May 16, 2015, 2:28:09 AM
Gear that made this possible

The legacy BoR is optional, this build is 100% possible without a legacy, and with a normal one, The Iron Ring might make you scratch your head, but its for the intelligence and life mainly, i didnt really have a spare alternative.

Total Cost for me (i say for me, coz, Legacy BoR) 24 ex... Im broke now :(

Links

Static Strike 4L: Static Strike, WED, Multistrike, Blood magic
Static Strike 5l- Oh, nevermind.

Leapslam 3L - Leap Slam, Inc Aoe, Blood Magic (Must be in a catalyst, hence, 3L)

Auras - Herald of Ash, Herald of Ice, Haste

usual CWDT Setup

Molten Shell and portal gem as fillers.

Lynx

Video describing this build briefly in an amateur way: Youtube Link

Any questions, put below!

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last edited by Slayer_Tip on May 16, 2015, 2:40:52 AM
FIRST LOLOLOL

Jk, nice work bud, looks cool. Would look forward to seeing what happens with +3 more levels and hatred swapped in.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
FIRST LOLOLOL

Jk, nice work bud, looks cool. Would look forward to seeing what happens with +3 more levels and hatred swapped in.

HAHA Thank you! Yeah i cant wait either, ill update the character sheets after that happens

Hey Slayertip1 what were the bandit options did you take for this build?
Last edited by owned727 on May 17, 2015, 5:43:28 PM
"
owned727 wrote:
Hey Slayertip1 what were the bandit options did you take for this build?

OH Right, forgot about that, thanks...

Bandits: Help Oak, Help Kraityn, then kill all (I accidently helped Kraityn for a frenzy charge since i thought i was gonna be running blood rage, :/)

I have a question, why don't you go crit? I mean, really, I'm curious.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
I have a question, why don't you go crit? I mean, really, I'm curious.

Crit nodes seemed a bit too far, since the majority of the crit nodes are in shadow, and templar (Galvanic Hammer) I decided to devote most of my points towards attack speed, WED, and BoR's 7L ability.

The crit nodes may seem far away, but they're more than worth it. I have a dual doryani char that goes to both shadow and templar. Using a belly and abyssus I get well over 200k dps on static strike along with 6k life and acro and phase. For skill tree look at my char BringerOfBloodyRain in my profile ( gear is dismantled).

Also, even for non-crit, your tree seems to be a bit inefficient. You place too much priority on aps nodes, whereas a tree like this would be a lot better.

Just my opinion. It could be that you want a build that attacks as fast as possible, though in that case I would recommend dual wielding a couple of jewelled foils with t1 aps rolls. Easily getting over 13 aps.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
The crit nodes may seem far away, but they're more than worth it. I have a dual doryani char that goes to both shadow and templar. Using a belly and abyssus I get well over 200k dps on static strike along with 6k life and acro and phase. For skill tree look at my char BringerOfBloodyRain in my profile ( gear is dismantled).

Also, even for non-crit, your tree seems to be a bit inefficient. You place too much priority on aps nodes, whereas a tree like this would be a lot better.

Just my opinion. It could be that you want a build that attacks as fast as possible, though in that case I would recommend dual wielding a couple of jewelled foils with t1 aps rolls. Easily getting over 13 aps.

Well, the thing is, the only reason why i wanted to make this build was mainly because i wanted to have fun, i didnt know it would become that great, so, my main plan was to take as much attack speed as possible, and make use of the Rangers melee nodes, as they are pretty awesome.

Nice on 200k dps btw :) i wasnt focusing on DPS as much as i was on fun though :P thats why i build, not for deeps, but for funs!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info