is 5 day league challenging?

I'm going to leave the question pretty broad.

Personal side note: I underestimated the community. I did not start the league until 2 days in. I was a little surprised /ladder showed the top players already at mid 80's. I was expecting high 70's. I think it would be interesting to see how each class fairs.
<3 Free Tibet <3
Yes I believe so. Ripped at 65 after pouring in 12+ hours over the weekend.

Sad? Yes. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat.
If you're starting 2 days late, start HC. At least then you might have a chance of placing.
It's a little 'Meh' for me. The challenge is on point, but I screwed up by trying to make a new build, ended up having to switch halfway through because I just couldn't find the necessary gems.

There is a lot of farming involved in order to get decent resists, and trying to find an optimised weapon is a little painful.

In retrospect I should have gone HC instead of SC and made a build that was less reliant on non-quest gems, and scaled damage with gem levels rather than gear and passives.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
It's a little 'Meh' for me. The challenge is on point, but I screwed up by trying to make a new build, ended up having to switch halfway through because I just couldn't find the necessary gems.

There is a lot of farming involved in order to get decent resists, and trying to find an optimised weapon is a little painful.

In retrospect I should have gone HC instead of SC and made a build that was less reliant on non-quest gems, and scaled damage with gem levels rather than gear and passives.

I had muled gems from two different classes in order to get what I needed. A duelist up to merveil and a templar all the way to crematorium in A3 normal lol. What I really enjoyed was the change of mindset you had to have for this race. All currency was precious. A 4l was a serious investment as well as master crafts when you cant just trade 1 currency for another via trade.
ign: Vixien
This race is the most fun I've had in PoE.

When I realised I didn't have a chance at top 35, I first figured I would just level to 70 and then go back to watching beta on stream...

But there is no way I am quitting now. Having to work with whatever drops, while trying to race at the same time is super-fun.

When would I ever use added cold in my fire-trap setup, and see the whole screen freeze up for a sec in my fire prolifs if playing an ordinary league?

I can't really complain about RNG either, but a fire penetration gem and chance to ignite would be nice...

Ironically I am running more uniques now than I would have if trading was enabled -I simply don't have better rares than this:

Is it challenging? Heck yeah. 35th ranked is getting further and further away from me...

Also: WTB fire pen for
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Last edited by Nutius on Apr 27, 2015, 7:03:07 PM
its super super fun, as its a completely different game with trade/party disabled... makes you think and work out ways to survive without ideal gear/gems/links/sockets

It feels like an entirely new game tbh
Loads of fun, just beat Dom on Norm (yes I have a job/life/wife/kids)
Good drops for my Mara
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
The rng is very challenging for me in this one since no item drop for me that i could use till later. Im already 14 hrs in.. My rng in the last 1ml is way better than this.
(Location):PH
Duelist is kylo ren -_-
"
Opinionated wrote:
I'm going to leave the question pretty broad.

Personal side note: I underestimated the community. I did not start the league until 2 days in. I was a little surprised /ladder showed the top players already at mid 80's. I was expecting high 70's. I think it would be interesting to see how each class fairs.

The hardcore league is almost 75% templar or witch. You get 3 guesses why, but you won't need more than 1. It rhymes with "aghast", which no one should be.

Stats:

http://exiletools.com/report/ladder/5dsolohc

It's not as easy to place as you think. The shocking number for me is this one:

As of the time of this post, Characters on Ladder: 14555 Accounts on Ladder: 9016

Whoa.

A couple of other fun numbers -
Fastest time to:
70 - 10.1 hours
72 - 12.3 hours
89 - 40.1 hours
Last edited by Llwellyn on Apr 27, 2015, 7:53:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info