[1.3][HC1M] Projects No Unique Righteous Fire Build Level 62!

Demonstration and explination here : http://www.twitch.tv/projectpt/c/6504711

Passive Tree:

Level 62 Gear:
Spoiler

Current Gear
Spoiler

Current Tree

What you need:
Spoiler

Any 2H or Shield with this level 3 Leo Craft. You are aiming for a 16%+ roll

How to level Leo:
Spoiler
Just duel for about 30 minutes or do a couple of dailies!

Important Note:

Spoiler
This is a reduction of Damage Over Time not just RF, most chaos damage is damage over time, blood rage, Shock and Horror lazer is a degen, puncture, bleed. All of this is reduced significantly to the point where you can face tank Shock and Horror for easy loot. Have fun with this information.

Last edited by ProjectPT on Apr 12, 2015, 1:53:43 AM
Man, I saw your stream and was intrigued by that idea.
But when I did the burn/regen calculations I always ended up needing 16% or more life regen. As it turned out, I was using the old value for the RF burn (100% life instead of 90%)...

So to add this calculation here quickly:
90% maxHP/s as burn damage
79% fire resistance (1% from passives, 3% from lvl 17 PoF (level 16+1?))
19% Reduced DoT from Leo crafting

--> 0.9 * (1-0.79) * (1-0.2) = 0.9 * 0.21 * 0.8 = 15.31% of maxHP/s

Your passive tree offers 12.9% life regeneration. And your Vitality (level 17+2) has 1.60% regen. Sums up to 14.5% - so there is 0.8% missing. Does the flat regen on your gear make up for it? Or did you possibly forget to add Quick Recovery to your tree?

As much as I like the idea of not needing a Rise of the Phoenix, there are still some benefits to using it: At higher levels, when the Purity of Fire reaches level 20, a character with RotP has 88% Fire resistance. That means by using a Ruby flask you reduce RF's DoT by 83% (12% to 2%) which effectively multiplies your life regen.
Without RotP however, you can only cut the degen by half with a ruby flask. (80% to 90% fire resist, so the DoT goes from 20% to 10%)

So in the end it's tradeoff between investing more heavily into passives to sustain RF on the one hand and getting lucky/trading yourself rich to buy a Rise of the Phoenix on the other hand. Or so it seems to me.
Crit happens.
Last edited by Inarion1986 on Apr 9, 2015, 4:24:15 AM
I agree with inarion i use my life+ruby flask as healing when i take any damage

Id hate to see how you would even handle some other map mods with this as i can even run -max res with my setup and any curse (even both at once)

But i would like to try this and see for myself bad i never leveled leo
"
Inarion1986 wrote:
Sums up to 14.5% - so there is 0.8% missing. Does the flat regen on your gear make up for it? Or did you possibly forget to add Quick Recovery to your tree?

As much as I like the idea of not needing a Rise of the Phoenix, there are still some benefits to using it: At higher levels, when the Purity of Fire reaches level 20, a character with RotP has 88% Fire resistance. That means by using a Ruby flask you reduce RF's DoT by 83% (12% to 2%) which effectively multiplies your life regen.
Without RotP however, you can only cut the degen by half with a ruby flask. (80% to 90% fire resist, so the DoT goes from 20% to 10%)

Edited, forgot quick recovery sorry.

Ruby flasks are better heal with RF phoenix, but you arent accounting puncture damage, chaos damage, and general degen in the game. Obviously like using a lower level arctic armour for certain map combinations or changing your purities for certain fights pheonix fits the same purpose. Optimally you will run both, but this brings RF back into everyones toolkit and allows staff spell RF (not recommended for HC)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info