The Whispering Ice corruption question

If you were to corrupt "The Whispering Ice" and achieve a "Gems in this item are Supported by level 1 Increased Area of Effect" would that allow your icestorm to be supported by 7 supports, effectively giving you an 8 link?

I understand that there's no way to know for sure without a response from a GGG employee, but perhaps there is something similar in the game already which could be used as a cross reference.
There's nothing in this game actually since corrupts of "grants X skill" cannot simultaneously exist with other corruptions. Jaws of Agony exists but of course, that corruption doesn't exist on a shield.

We won't know for sure but my guess is no since it's not actually a skill linked inside the item.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Apr 8, 2015, 12:42:53 PM
"
Norre wrote:
If you were to corrupt "The Whispering Ice" and achieve a "Gems in this item are Supported by level 1 Increased Area of Effect" would that allow your icestorm to be supported by 7 supports, effectively giving you an 8 link?

No
I agree with Hodari. The answer should be no for the same reason Empower, Enhance, and Enlighten won't work--the skill doesn't come from a "Gem"

Thus, the only good corruption is 1% cold damage leeched as life.
"
I agree with Hodari. The answer should be no for the same reason Empower, Enhance, and Enlighten won't work--the skill doesn't come from a "Gem"
This is in fact correct (I double-checked this code yesterday, because the same question occurred to me and while I knew what the correct answer should be, I wasn't 100% sure it had been coded that way until I looked).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info