Two simple balance changes [LLD]

1. Allow leap slam to jump over traps

-Iv'e just tried playing melee recently and I can see the large disadvantage for melee when facing traps. Whether they are caster traps or puncture traps.

Traps just allow way to much kiting potential.

2. Blink arrow is insane, and very annoying to face. It is basically an instant lightning warp that does damage after it is used. In combination with smoke mine, it becomes near impossible to catch bow users. It needs an increased cool-down on it, like 2 seconds more.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
"
mrmagikboy wrote:

-Iv'e just tried playing melee recently and I can see the large disadvantage for melee when facing traps. Whether they are caster traps or puncture traps.

2. Blink arrow is insane, and very annoying to face. It is basically an instant lightning warp that does damage after it is used. In combination with smoke mine, it becomes near impossible to catch bow users. It needs an increased cool-down on it, like 2 seconds more.

agreed. Even before ranged chars had these abilities they were insane(Becuase pre-nerf). Both abilities need some adjustment and combined very very annoying.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
you know a skill is op when everyone is using it , ( ice witch with mirror arrow bow was quite hilarious , but i could never hit her)
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 23, 2015, 10:57:32 AM
"
mrmagikboy wrote:

Man, the KING of blink/mirror/smokemine Sir ThunderMeowHellCat himself has said movement skills are too strong.

I disagree with the trap issue because whirling blades is already a very effective trap avoidance skill, but, I can see where 2h/mace/axe/etc get screwed by not having a trap avoidance movement skill. So, I'll allow it.

I agree, leap slam avoiding traps not only makes sense, but would also be a welcome addition as far as I'm concerned.
"
jcostello1 wrote:
"
mrmagikboy wrote:

Man, the KING of blink/mirror/smokemine Sir ThunderMeowHellCat himself has said movement skills are too strong.

I disagree with the trap issue because whirling blades is already a very effective trap avoidance skill, but, I can see where 2h/mace/axe/etc get screwed by not having a trap avoidance movement skill. So, I'll allow it.

I agree, leap slam avoiding traps not only makes sense, but would also be a welcome addition as far as I'm concerned.

XD

Btw leap slam avoiding traps would be insane... just saying. it would be an entire new movement meta - the knockback/stun would be way too op - and it would further push swords > dagger.
maybe traps/mines should be tuned down little bit
i dont think it is just traps and mines , they have counters available , throw your own traps to trigger them , use aoe skills , summon some disposable minions etc.

Well lets put this in another light , suppose you get a bunch of mates to play with non pvp focused characters or even better using premades .

fights are longer , more interesting and depending on the class one picks pretty competitive.

and there are exactly two major things that premades characters have , bad dps and bad durability.

It really could be a question of toning down damage in pvp some more. or better yet add some form of diminishing returns after one hits a certain damage threshold.

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
i dont think it is just traps and mines , they have counters available , throw your own traps to trigger them , use aoe skills , summon some disposable minions etc

Yes, you can destroy them. But the problem is that's just more time melee have to waste while getting shot at or having traps thrown at them. Then say the melee finally catches up to the bow char, they just blink arrow away, and the whole process starts over again.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
"
mrmagikboy wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
i dont think it is just traps and mines , they have counters available , throw your own traps to trigger them , use aoe skills , summon some disposable minions etc

Yes, you can destroy them. But the problem is that's just more time melee have to waste while getting shot at or having traps thrown at them. Then say the melee finally catches up to the bow char, they just blink arrow away, and the whole process starts over again.

I felt exactly this way as melee, but I still didn't lose often.
As a melee, I hate blink arrow and feel it's OP. As a bow, I hate flicker and feel it's OP.
I think they're fine honestly, right now, but I still have a problem with the insane level of damage in general.
Getting one shot killed by some heavy elemental specs of all kinds is a little absurd. Tone it down, GGG.

The only issue is you're 2h, the issue isn't with blink, it's with 2 handers having no block to mitigate all that incoming damage.
You can survive the chase long enough to win often enough, if you have some block. I don't even have acro and I'm usually fine.
Well , the opness of blink arrow , should not be used to color the effectiveness of mines and traps.

block only helps a little bit since one can just get a block pen gem with quality on it and instantly cut the amount of block an opponent has in half with the slotting of an item.

lord knows all the uber gear people with 6l ilevel 28 gear or even 5l ilevel 28 gear have plenty of gem space to use things like block pen.

which is fine but if ggg is going to start including these kinds of mechanics , again the damage needs to be toned down.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info