[LLD PvP 1.3.1] EE Self-Cast Templar

Hi everyone. I made this character to play in PvP Season 2, but, IRL keeps happening during event times. The season's not over, but I don't see myself playing too many more events, so here's my build.

It's a fairly self-explanatory build, choosing a Templar start and trying to utilize the Elemental Equilibrium to its fullest.

Tree

Base 27 point
My current 33 point build

Beyond the obvious base 27 points, you have a few choices. Light of divinity is great for damage. Sanctity is good for the life regeneration. Precision and Agility are good for getting enough dex for Added Cold, Cold Penetration, and LMP. Amplify could be good if you're going to focus on Firestorm + Cold Snap. Quick recovery and the Templar start life+mana/mana regen nodes are good too. Note that this build is VERY mana hungry. Elreon jewelry just isn't good enough.

Gear and Links

You have alot of options here, with alot of room for swaps. I'll start off with my default setup.

Most common swaps:
Arc and spark swap between my helm (cws) and my glove (self-cast)

For some 3v3 situations

To counter another EE build

If I'm getting stun-locked by ranged

In place of molten shell or firestorm

If I need to trap. (CTF)
I'll typically load it up with FP traps and put Cold Snap in my shield instead. Cold Snap+Multitrap is pretty good too.

Notable Quality Gems

20q is most important on the following gems:
Arc (20% chance to shock)
Added Lightning Damage (10% chance to shock)
Added Cold Damage (10% chance to freeze)

Good gems to quality are all your active spell gems first, namely Spark and Freezing Pulse (projectile speed), Firestorm (more balls), and Molten Shell (chance to ignite).

All the others are nice but not too crucial.

About EE
Most top-tier LLD builds overcap their resistances by at least 25%, in account of elemental weakness, but rarely do they have 50% overcap. This means that most builds are at least somewhat vulnerable to elemental equilibrium. It's most useful in landing a long freeze with cold snap, right after you just shocked them with Arc, or landing a molten shell. Most of the best players carry something to counter EE, if they can't handle it on their normal setup. (See my EE swaps in gear.)

1v1 Play

The lightning skill chosen determines my playstyle. Arc is more defensive while spark is more offensive. My Arc has a 45% chance to shock. Don't underestimate how good shock is. Spark shotguns beautifully and can 1-3 shot any stationary opponent.

Cold snap is your best friend. You should cast it whenever it's off cooldown.

Firestorm is great damage and can stun defensively weaker opponents. Consider it your bread-and-butter skill in most match-ups. People know what firestorm can do, and know to avoid it.

Molten shell... well it's Molten shell. A 20q Molten shell with chance to ignite has a 10%+30%+28%=68% chance to ignite. It easily gets 1.2k+ average damage on hit.

CWS triggers are great with EE, each of the triggers independently triggering EE for maximum damage.

Some example matchups

Round start -> Cast Clarity -> Cast Molten Shell (vs melee or vs an unknown opponent)
Weaker opponents (how to all-in)
Drop a firestorm -> Cold snap -> Flicker strike -> spam Spark until they die, or repeat if they move.

Vs bowers
Pay attention to avoid anything avoidable (traps, barrage, punctures). Maybe throw on the Chayula. Cold snap whenever off cd, otherwise use firestorm mainly and arc to shock.

Vs melee
If you can't spark them out while standing in a firestorm, with all your CWS, it becomes a fight of wearing out each other's flasks. Cold snaps and Arcs. Run around alot. Keep molten shell up if they're triggering it (switch in chance to ignite maybe). Many people will 1-shot themselves if you shock them as they flicker in to trigger your CWS+Shell.

Wishlist

I'd really like an Elemental Weakness Asenath's and a +curse Chayula, so that I can dual-curse + EE. It'd be so strong in a 3v3 situation. :3
Last edited by ZenithStar on Mar 19, 2015, 4:14:05 AM
great build and great guide ;)
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Wanted to mention that I found time to play a Swiss with this build, even though I did it at my girlfriend's place on my work Mac, so my gameplay was far from optimal. Went 5-2 I think. Ranked 6. The two matches I lost were vs a burning arrow trap Ranger and a self-cast spark/snap Templar (no EE).
updated skill tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info