Dual Wield Cycloner - Doryani's + Soul Taker [1.3]

Unfortunately, I'll have to wait for 1.4 and a full respec, but I theorycrafted this and, looking at the skill tree numbers, I feel raging happiness in my pants!
Skill tree might look somewhat different in 1.4, but I don't think it'll be a huge change.

Idea is to use Soul Taker for no mana cost of skills + Doryani's for a very nice dmg + ele dmg inc. Paired with Ming's Heart, Daresso's Defiance and Devoto's Devotion, Cyclone should do tremendous amount of damage! Blood rage for extra attack speed + life leech and 3 auras - Grace + Hatred + Herald of Ash. Daresso's + Devoto's should give a nice amount of armour/evasion and ~130% increased armour and evasion from skill tree should boost it even further. Don't forget Grace!
When you get hit, you'll get Onslaught for 3/4 sec (Onslaught is a buff that grants 20% increased attack speed, cast speed, and movement speed.) If you evade, you'll have Endurance charges. What a beautiful mechanic! <3

You have 55% to all res from skill tree (63% fire) and 20% chaos res. It's very important to take those nodes or you probably won't be able to cap / overcap res!

Core items

Rest of gear should be used for more HP, capped res, life leech dex and att speed.
Vorici signature mod on gloves is very nice (+20-40% increased Life Leech rate) so I recommend you to craft 'em!

Planned gear

Gems

Chest - Cyclone + Melee phys + Phys to Lightning + Weapon elemental dmg + Conc Effect (+ Added fire or Faster Attacks or Increased Area for 6L)
4L - Reduced Mana + Hatred + Herald of Ash + Grace
4L - Low CWDT setup
4L - High CWDT setup
3L - Blood rage + Increased duration + Vaal Immortal Call / Vaal Haste
3L - Leap slam + Faster casting + Curse of choice

Bandits

Oak
Oak
Oak/kill all

I'm not sure about pros and cons of this build, but dmg should be very nice, survivability also, it could run any map mod and it should be HC viable + Atziri viable (maybe even Uber). Can't think of any cons atm (Well, build cost is around 15ex).

Has anyone tried something like this? What are your thoughts? Looking forward to some feedback!
Last edited by kralj87 on Mar 10, 2015, 6:15:37 AM
No thoughts? Boem? Charan? :) Surely someone played something like this..

It can also be played as Duelist, of course!
Last edited by kralj87 on Mar 7, 2015, 1:35:44 PM
Well, I remember fiqst doing something similar nearly an year ago. Of course, the only reason he used a catalyst was because to replace it you would require something over 370 pdps.

I myself made a dual doryani cyclone character, but it is crit based and something of a glass cannon, though I have not found any other build that does so much dps at such a cheap price. Only mirrored builds manage to do more.

That being said, I'll take a look at your tree when I get to my laptop.

If your tree is done right then you should be able to expect up to even 60k dps on cyclone.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/491481/page/253#p7876463

You have a good memory Ether.

It's has always been a good combination
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
i would have to respect into dual wield, right now have the ground slam setup but slip in cyclone n i have 60k cyclone dps n even higher with flask n 4 pcoc up to 90k
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Very nice. Can you post your skill tree?
"
kralj87 wrote:
Very nice. Can you post your skill tree?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMPqxPMFr8elCE0JpUnLygqKU8qCypNNZI2PTs7PAU8LT0-PydBP0rITP9P81BHUUxR5lM1VUtd8mHiaPJp_m1sbqpvnnBScNVyqXZ_dqx3B3dTe4x9W37ggpuDCYTEhVKFfYcTidOLT4wLjDaQVZJ9l3mYb5o7m2qbtZyknaqeV57Fn9-iAKxHrY2vbLGztC-1SLXytz65fMBmwzrE9sauykrPfti92WHcI-Qi5FHlz-oY7DjssOzL7UHvDu988B_z6vcy_go=
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
For crit cyclone I recommend using blood magic and getting a second doryani. It adds far more dps than an extra link. Also, since you don't have the range advantage of using ground slam, it is better to go through ranger and get acrobatics, preferably with duelist start, with a tree looking like this: click me

With a duelist version of this tree (like this, I have around 150k cyclone with chaarges up, and 125k with auras.

As for an RT cyclone tree, try something like this:click me
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Capping resists in a build like this seems like a nightmare: three pieces without resists and no purities...
Last edited by lussiano on Mar 9, 2015, 3:09:32 PM
Yes, that's what I thought at first, but actually it wasn't too hard because of 55% to all res from tree (63% fire). I have all res overcapped without any res on ammy, and my gear is far away from GG :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info