[1.3.1] [BL] My Templar Fire Trapper build, one shot all! HERALD OF THUNDER & ICE

FIRE TRAP OF THUNDER!

So this is my first build that actually got my attention for even considering posting something like this. and one special thing about it is, HERALD OF THUNDER!

and basically that derrives from the possibillity to one shot in pretty much everything on level 78+- even on lvl 78 maps and of course with full AA as defense.

im not going to go into how i did so much from early levels on, or it more a display of key gems and skill tree and a picture for those intressted to follow if wanting a similiar effect.

another important part of the build is that i chose to go double curses, basically becuase its insane, vulnerability and flammbility, makes me shred everything into pieces!!! with fire! with faster casting and the quicksilver flask with extra movespeed, its never a problem that it takes time, pop the flask, run, throw the trap. and throw the curses and see them fall.

Level: 86
Life: 4593
Mana: 2169
Armour : 1000 (8400 with granite)
Fire trap avg damage: 5200 (with herald of thunder lvl 17)

But the burning damage is what is intressted, since if they get shocked stacked with herald of thunder from the initial hit, the 50 % added from shock will apply to the burning, and secquental hits wich will make this to the ultimate last key to just destroy everything. since making the burning damage and secquental hits 50 % more is just crazy good.

1. i chose the templar since the starting out points is preferable to the witch and shadow wich would be the other two choices.

2. Basically i found out on playing with another charr that shock stacks can be really effective and hey wouldnt that also apply with burning? so. i use herald of thunder to as well as higher the dps of the initial fire trap blow as well as raise the burning and secondaries hits with 50 %, and that is what makes the build a little intressting more than the usual fire trapper. also i use herald of ice for extra dps increase on trap

3. i also use vitality, clarity and Arctic armour, for having survialibility that really is the key between death and life on this charr. i manage to get good enough rings and mana so i dont have to use disicpline for Full arctic armour, and that is important for being able to use herald of thunder

4. other than that, important to notice is, granite flask with added procent to armour for that boosts in defense when devourers or other nasty crits turns up in your face

5. QUICKSILVER FLASK, with extra move speed, since the cast speed of the trap is a little bit slow. what you wanna do is run around to a distance where you can throw the trap without they being able to catch up to you, and then just sit back and watch the flame eat them up. easy and safe.

6. Vaal summons skeletons, for those bosses and yes, its prett obvious, its very very very good.

so that is basically it, i will not go on so much more about other stuff, i will just show you the gear, and let you see it for yourself, the charr is level 86 and basically there could probably be an upgrade of gear and some items, most obviously an 6 linked searing touch, but i dont have enough currency for that, and as im already one shooting mobs on 78 maps and most about everything, i dont really think its crucial to the build, but i admit it would have been awesome.

Video of level 77 map Shrine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8l0d2G8aWA

GEAR

SKILL TREE

Double Templar Of The Fire Trapper Thunder!

Last edited by _M00N_ on Feb 25, 2015, 10:46:14 AM
Any chance of a video?
Yeah. I can video , anyone Have an idea of a program i can use to video ?

ok made video. it lags a little bit when i record so i had to play a little bif safer than usual, but i hope you get the general picture of the menace of this trap! :P

http://youtu.be/y8l0d2G8aWA
Last edited by _M00N_ on Feb 25, 2015, 10:28:56 AM
Update. Lvl 89 now. And 5900 avg. Fire trap damage, with 5000 life, and 6 Linked searing touch. For The last link i use fire pen 20/20 for that fire damage and res loss

:)
So 91 and some changes. Basically i was so close to avatar of fire that i picked it too see what that extra fire damage from herald of thunder and ice would Do, and 1300 more fire damage made quite a difference, so 5200 life now and a dps of The initial explosion of allmost 5900 makes it very strong. All The last skill nodes Will go to life and i Will take constituion for trying to hit that 5600 life and i think it Will suffice with full aa

Maybe i post new video
here is new video of currently lvl 91 fire trapper on bloodlines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8egr85CoXeU
Nice, seems great.

Thanks for the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info