[1.3.1] [Bloodlines] Ele Prolif Cyclone

Hello fellow PoE players!

After recently finding a Soul Taker, I had challenged myself to come up with something interesting to do with it. After a good bit of contemplation, I decided to try an elemental cycloner that would take advantage of soul taker to ignore the mana cost. After a good bit of fiddling, I decided to build a shock/freeze poliferation build. This has the benefits of damage scaling with shock and safety with freezing.

Since this build utilizes a utility weapon in the off hand while dual-wielding, we don't have access to a shield for some of the more popular defensive options. In order to counter this, I use Warlords Mark with Curse on Hit and Herald of Thunder, and Vengeance with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun and Stun. With these two mechanisms I often have my 6 endurance charges up, and can run my CWDT combo at level 15 to limit immortal call to only when significant incoming damage is taken. This also allows for longer immortal calls without passive tree investment.

-- The Build --

Passive Tree
Spoiler

Current Tree (Level 86)
http://poeurl.com/ze7dEjj

Complete Tree (Level 99/100)
http://poeurl.com/zejlh89

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Skill Point/Kraityn (I use the skill point, but the build can work fine with attack speed instead)
Merciless: Oak

Gear
Spoiler

With the gear I am using, I only consider two pieces to be properly mandatory for the build to work as intended: Alpha's Howl and a corrupted Prismatic Eclipse with at least one white socket. Because this is a melee build being played in the Bloodlines League, I heavily favor chaos resistance when I choose my rares.

I got lucky and chanced Daresso's Salute when I was level 83, and it provides a significant boost to range, movespeed, and damage. Due to the high-aoe nature of this build, you will be at full life the majority of the time and very much able to take advantage of Daresso's.

DPS
Spoiler

Note: This build uses Celestial punishment with 20% shock/freeze and 10% ignite chance. The combination of the 25% increased damage and shock proliferation results in a large amount of off-tooltip DPS.

Ele Prolif

Conc Effect

(Doom Choker is used as a replacement for Daresso's when running particularly rippy maps)

Videos
Spoiler

4:26 Gorge (First speedrun on this character)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOsLV7DzR00

75 Necropolis Merveil Kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqg2ZgMyMVs

More boss kill videos will be added as I get brave enough to risk my character on some of the rippier bosses.
Last edited by kramer212 on Feb 21, 2015, 11:14:15 PM
Interesting Build indeed my friend. Clear speed seems pretty good, would you say the biggest weakness of the build is single target?
Either way, nice build man. +1 :D
Kinda ineffective compare to the Facebreaker Cyclone Builds into Cost/Dmg/Sustain :/
"
Kinda ineffective compare to the Facebreaker Cyclone Builds into Cost/Dmg/Sustain :/

He has a 2w prismatic eclipse +standard weapon range, his cyclone is muuuuch bigger then any fb cyclone, and having higher range equals better survivability. Also, I doubt fb cyclone without abyssus does actually much more dmg with comparable gear.
"
PvtPJ wrote:

I can definitely agree that Facebreaker is a cheaper build that does more damage in a focused area. However, I would expect that in terms of overall clearing in solo play, this build should be able to compete with facebreaker simply due to the massive AOE and ability to clear large groups of enemies very quickly.

In the end, this build was not meant to replace Facebreaker for cyclone, but to provide an alternative with a different and fun play style.

"
Interesting Build indeed my friend. Clear speed seems pretty good, would you say the biggest weakness of the build is single target?
Either way, nice build man. +1 :D

If you watch the video for necropolis Merveil, single target for major targets isn't really an issue if conc gem is swapped in for prolif. While running maps things like rare necromancers can be a bit of a slowdown in terms of progression, but there is not a problem with killing them by any means.

I'll have to see if I can catch a voidspawn pack before popping it and record the fight to show how it does against the beyond uniques. I've killed all of them except for abaxoth, which I do not intend to attempt. Unfortunately abaxoth is suicide in hardcore without a spell block/dodge build.
any tips on general point progression levelling?
For leveling up, I used flameblast until I was high enough level to use my Soul Taker. Since this build takes some significant elemental nodes and AoE nodes, flameblast works quite well. For skill progression on this, I would take the spell damage nodes at templar start (you can respec them to melee damage later) and then grab the life and AoE nodes. The move straight over to celestial punishment and then up to sovreignty and purity of flesh.

With just this progression, you should have everything you need to run clarity and dual herald for flameblast and you can work on building out for cyclone.

I would next path your way down to duelist and grab Master of the Arena and the life nodes. You can get Art of the Gladiator at any time, but I would suggest it only when transitioning to cyclone. Once you have that, I would finish pathing up to witch and grab the life and AoE nodes.

After that it's a split between scion life wheel, endurance charges, and getting static blows. If you need damage, static blows is a massive boost and should not be underestimated.

Hopefully that's enough to get you up and running :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info