[Fan Art] Child of Ngamakanui

Well here it is. I learned a lot from the whole process and I'm definitely going to do more PoE related pieces like this for the community showcase in the future.

Questions? Feedback? I'd like to hear what you think!

Spoiler

thats really good mate, really good. Is that a 3d model? Like maya of 3d max or something? looks awesome.
Yup. Made it in Blender.

Wow. Just wow.
"
justindjg wrote:
Yup. Made it in Blender.

sick man, is that free software? Ive always wanted to learn how to make virtual models but Ive yet to really get it together and work out what software i need etc, I cant afford to pay for the big boy software as I already had to buy the full adobe suite etc for work (graphic design).
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
justindjg wrote:
Yup. Made it in Blender.

sick man, is that free software? Ive always wanted to learn how to make virtual models but Ive yet to really get it together and work out what software i need etc, I cant afford to pay for the big boy software as I already had to buy the full adobe suite etc for work (graphic design).

100% Free. Also you can use GIMP - a free image editor for doing texturing. Start with those two if you want to learn on the cheap.

ok thats awesome, i need to get on that for sure. I have the full adobe cs6 package so texture making wont be a problem but blender sounds like something I need to grab asap.

Do you use a tablet at all? Like a wacom bamboo? Or is it all manipulating points with a mouse?
For modelling, I use a mouse. For sculpting I would highly recommend a tablet - it helps with texture painting as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info