[1.3][SC] Burning Discharger, Explosion Of Fire. Cheap, High Hp, High Clear speed

I wanted to make a Life based Burning discharge and this is what I ended up with, currently lvl 87. I ended up with a character possessing very good survivability, while being able to clear quickly, I do not play hardcore, so i cannot say it is hc viable, but im sure you wouldn't have too many issues playing the build there, I've yet to have a single death that wasn't easily avoidable by potting quickly

*Since my upload speed is horrible, video's won't be up till some point tomorrow.*
What to Expect from this build

High Survivability

The build has a large hp pool, 7k currently this means you will almost always either kill mobs before they kill you, or have time to pop a flask before you die, before you use discharge, you'll be sitting on 7 or 8 endurance charges and vaal pact prevents you killing yourself to reflect.

Low Cost

The Build does not need any expensive items or a 5/6l to function effectively, at the least you will want a Belly of the beast and a doedre's damning, the weapon you want to use will be a searing touch, which will only cost you 1ex

High Damage

Every single pack will die to a single discharge, only particularly high hp rares will survive, you also have a VRF, which will kill any white or blue in the initial hit, almost kill rares in the hit, and kill any boss from the ignite.

Gear

Current Gear

Gearing Information

The Bare Minimum Gear requirements is a Belly of the beast, you need +1 curse from either from the tree or on a piece of gear, since taking 4 skill points, is a large cost, it is better to get it
from gear. You can either use a Doedre's damning, Windscream or a +1 curse amulet.

Since losing 20% move speed or a potential 1%leech or the implicit stats are more valulable than a
single rare ring, the best option is to use a Doedre's damning.

You need a source of life leech, either from a 5l or on a piece of gear.
If you do not have a 5l, then the easiest way is to use a Doryani's invitation, but a +1 endurance charge one will be more expensive than a rare belt with the corruption, so I recommend you use an amulet for the source of leech.

If you're not using a searing touch, then get 1% leech on at least one of your weapons

You do not want to use a 5l/6l Belly of the beast, because rolling 4b will cost you a lot of chromatics
I recommend you invest that currency in a 5l/6l Searing touch instead

Passive Tree

Level 90 Tree

35 Points

70 points

92 Points

I Leveled with Flameblast until 68, which is When I was able to use a lvl20 discharge.

Gems and Links

The Gems are in order of Priority from Left to right, Left being the Most Important.

The bulk of your damage, comes from Dual curse & EE, Ball lightning is the most effective way to apply this.

You need chance to ignite and elemental proliferation, I run aoe instead of conc effect, because the extra damage is not needed and I prefer to have a much larger aoe, if you want higher damage feel free to run concentrated effect instead.

Life leech allows you to consistently stay on full life without spamming pots, it also makes reflect leave you on a comfortable amount of life, you can also replace this with fire penetration if you desire, but I would not recommend you do that.

Quality on discharge, is very important, because it increases the Aoe.

You generate endurance charges by using enduring cry, spell echo is needed in order to hit max charges with a single cast consistently.

Faster casting significantly reduces the time you spend standing still, which is huge, increased area of effect is simply the only thing that affects it left to use, you only need it, if you do not have a quality enduring cry.

Vaal Righteous fire serves as the builds way to easily, deal with anything you want to kill quickly,
when you're using a discharge build, you have issues with a single target, if it doesn't die to a single discharge, then your subsequent discharges will do drastically lower damage if there are no adds, in order to combat this, I originally used flame surge, but it just didn't have the damage output needed.

Vaal righteous fire will kill almost anything in the duration of the ignite, as long as you have vaal pact and there is at least a few enemies in the area, you won't die when using it, you can also instantly kill everything that a strongbox summons, you can kill reflect packs, nonchalantly.

Flasks

After Testing, you want at least 2 forbidden tastes, with one, you cannot garuntee one is up when you need it.

2 life flasks allows you to have one to quickly restore a small amount of life and one to restore a larger amount of life slowly, the builds survivability relies on managing your flasks well, you want to always have enough charges for a single forbidden taste.

I Interchange the Rumi's for other flasks,

I will swap the rumi's for a Ruby flask If it is a ele weakness map to lower the damage, I also bring it into a reflect map, to pop for double reflect, in-case VRF is not up

If you encounter, a map with flickers or the porcupines, bring a Granite of iron skin.

For x Added damage, bring the flask that corresponds to the element.

On vulnerability or extra damage maps, I bring a 3rd Forbidden taste.
Last edited by Lyrannikin on Feb 17, 2015, 6:25:16 PM
Reserved
Yo, I've been using this guide and just switched to 20/20 discharge at lv68, at the beginning of your guide you said you had videos uploading or something, did those ever get posted anywhere? I'd love to see side by side where I am vs where I could be. I know it's been some time so you might not be able to help me out, but any reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the great guide mate, favorite build to date, incredibly fun and well put together, cheers!
I assume this is viable in beta too? (hc)
"
danteafk wrote:
I assume this is viable in beta too? (hc)

2.0 breaks the build, prolif aoe being gutted and echo not working with ec anymore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info