Ahab's Raging Throne (HotW Submission)

Screens: http://imgur.com/a/nbnaw
Video: http://youtu.be/ix9Y7r9BZHA
For those asking, video of my map machine and me accessing all portals: http://youtu.be/eq9GJmWhg8w
DISCLAIMER: Throne does not actually play Blood and Thunder.

Delve into the lowest reaches of the ocean, deeper still, and you may find yourself in Ahab's cursed throne room. The perfect refuge for recuperating split lungs, broken backs and cracked oars, Ahab's dark grotto offers respite from terrors that stalk the fathoms of the briny deep. Be mindful of where you sit, however; Ahab's throne burns still with his undying hatred. Tread carefully during your stay, lest it consume you as it did him.

This hideout is a complete overhaul of Elreon's Enlightened hideout. I haven't done a complete decoration count yet, but I believe it to be somewhere around 200 or more. I like the song Blood and Thunder by Mastodon and the book Moby-Dick, so I thought I'd make a hideout where Captain Ahab could stew and be generally really angry in the afterlife all day in the company of his wrecked ship and some whale skeletons. I chose the Enlightened hideout because it has flat, easy-to-decorate flooring, as well as great ambient sound and lightning. The majority of the walls and flooring were decorated with Haku's large rocks and Catarina's cave trash. Multiple particle effects were used to give the cave a dark, old, and sinister feel. These effects include Elreon's ghostly fog, Catarina's fetid smog, glowing embers, and corruption, and Zana's golden sparkles. If anyone has any questions about any other decorations or would like to visit my hideout, please feel free to contact me through PM or in game. Thanks for viewing.

EDIT: Banner and dividers provided by MAYONNAISEDPS_DOTCOM, big thanks to him.
EDIT 2: Added video of map machine
Last edited by habeeblol on Feb 7, 2015, 11:11:14 PM
i dont really read much so cant relate to moby dick, but the hideout itself i really like! and although everything was done really really well, i must note two things that i found that stand out, at least to me:

1) wp area is awesome, most people usually (me included) try to hide the blue wp glow because it doesnt match almost any decor, but you let it glow and still managed to make it look that good, and

2) throne area is masterfully done, lighting is perfect and throne looks perfect

also note that map area is also very cute and a very funny usage of the forest cottage, and umm one more thing...how the hell do you manage to actually play the game with 791 life!?
"
rendemar wrote:
i dont really read much so cant relate to moby dick, but the hideout itself i really like! and although everything was done really really well, i must note two things that i found that stand out, at least to me:

1) wp area is awesome, most people usually (me included) try to hide the blue wp glow because it doesnt match almost any decor, but you let it glow and still managed to make it look that good, and

2) throne area is masterfully done, lighting is perfect and throne looks perfect

also note that map area is also very cute and a very funny usage of the forest cottage, and umm one more thing...how the hell do you manage to actually play the game with 791 life!?

First off, glad you like the hideout, and thanks for the compliments. I have one of my auras running on blood magic and I'm wearing veil of the night so as to keep my character's light from interfering with the lighting of the hideout. Makes it easier to take screen shots and such.
"
habeeblol wrote:
"
rendemar wrote:

First off, glad you like the hideout, and thanks for the compliments. I have one of my auras running on blood magic and I'm wearing veil of the night so as to keep my character's light from interfering with the lighting of the hideout. Makes it easier to take screen shots and such.

When i was building my own hideout i actually dual wielded nycta lanterns with lori lanterns to get maximum light radius to see in darkly lit areas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info