The Immortal Atrium [HotW submission]

~~!!(This hideout no longer exists. Making a new one. Enjoy the post though)!!~~

My idea for this hideout was originally to make an urban garden using the Slums tileset built more for efficient farming in Torment league than to look pretty, but somewhere along the line I was inspired enough by in-game lore and the subtle flavor text on various unique items to try use the hideout to tell a story by way of its visuals. I lean more towards writing than art or design, though, so I’ve included a brief story in this post and under my screenshots to give people a clue as to what I was going for with my hideout. Anyway, here's hoping the hideout still tells enough of a story on its own -- please enjoy!

================

The Immortal Atrium:

To the twisted mind, death is a lie; In the face of madness, life is an illusion." - The final testament of the sorceress Achyssa, as recorded by Saquinus the Grovetender.

Screenshots (Feb. 21):
Spoiler
http://imgur.com/a/uIUZE

-------------------
Original Submission Post (archive) (Feb 6.):
Spoiler
My idea for this hideout was originally to make an urban garden using the Slums tileset built more for efficient farming in Torment league than to look pretty, but somewhere along the line I was inspired enough by in-game lore and the subtle flavor text on various unique items to try use the hideout to tell a story by way of its visuals. I lean more towards writing than art or design, though, so I’ve included a very brief narrative riddle of sorts to give people a clue as to what I was going for with my hideout, as well as some light in-character narration in my screenshot captions. Anyway, here's hoping the hideout still tells enough of a story on its own -- please enjoy!

The Immortal Atrium:

“’To the twisted mind, death is a lie. In the face of madness, life is an illusion.’ - The Final Testament of the Sorceress Achyssa, as recorded by Saquinus the Grovetender.”

==========

Video Tour:
Screenshots:
Spoiler
http://imgur.com/a/yVdlE
Last edited by RamblingFungus on Feb 27, 2015, 8:22:39 PM
Made various improvements to the hideout composition after reaching level 7 and 8 with various masters. I'll upload new video and/or screenshots when possible, but the differences are somewhat subtle for the most part.
Last edited by RamblingFungus on Feb 11, 2015, 5:47:53 AM
This guy put more time into his h/o then I can imagine and it looks phenomenal!
It's been a long time coming and the only thing that finally stopped me is the 750 limit on hideout props, but I finally feel like it's finished. I also updated the "story" of my original post. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did making it. The new photos are in the main post above.

P.S.- I also included a copy of my original forum post (also above) with links to an early "draft" of my hideout and a video if you want to see my thought process (my computer crapped out while endlessly adding to my HO, so an updated video is unlikely any time soon since this "new" comp is a little ragged -- enjoy the new photos, though!).
Last edited by RamblingFungus on Feb 22, 2015, 1:40:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info