[1.3] Freezing static striker - Hegemony + Three dragons

Hi all, I would like to share freezing static striker build. Let me start with few videos descrbing how it works practically.

78 courtyard run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcPO7D3qlA

78 domi fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-NYesuFy-E&feature=youtu.be

77 piety fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L7n7HG0Nw8

74 gorge run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcL02GtXxrw

Elemental proliferation setup - 77 shrine ending
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF1BlC1GHOY&feature=youtu.be

Apologies for lagging videos. My systems isnt great so recording makes it laggy ;(
I opened up tps before boss cuz those are my first run of each maps/boss with this build. But it goes not bad :)

Introduction

After block nerf, I was worrying how to make enough defense for melee builds. A thought came up when I was mapping with my friend playing static strike build - Let's go crit, and freeze them all with three dragon! Well, it turned out awesome but still alot of room to improve. So I am sharing the build here on forum to get feedbacks for improvement!

Please note that this isnt cheap build. I think 6L chest or weapon is needed in order to freeze end-map bosses.

Passive tree

lvl 92 - 111pt tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswceDkgPxBGWE3ETnhZvFr8YXRnXGjgdFCaVJy8qCy0fNj06WDt8PO89X0FyRY5G10lRSphMs1AwUlNVS1XGWK5Z813yXqVh4mKsY0NmnmyMcFJw1XGFcql2rH4zfll_xoKbg9uJ04uMjAuMNo9GkFWSfZOVlFyVIJUul5WYb5o7m6Gdqp_fogCio6SRpzSsmKyqrTOtja3xsUK1SLjKuXy8msAawGbAnMHzyWfMZsy3z37Vddq53CPhc-Nq44Tlz-oY7DjssO1E73zwH_DV8-r3MvfX-d360vuL

It is one of crit aoe builds. Key stone is Celestial punishments.

Skill gems

Main : Static strike - melee physical dmg - weapon ele dmg - multistrike - (Elemental proliferation or increased critical dmg) - lightning penetration

We can do maps without 6L. But to freeze endmap bosses, lightning penetration seems a must have so I highly recommend to have 6L in chest or weapon.

Swapping 5th gem is kinda tricky but it's more balanced up to situation. The explosion damage from static strike isnt enough to freeze all mobs. It is kinda opposed to my expectation. So linking elemental proliferation will make skill freeze all the monster packs as we hit and freeze first monster. So it provides the defense we need.
Freezing rares or exiles on the map is easy with the 5L but we need more damage in order to freeze end map bosses. So swapping elemental prolifertion to inceased critical damage before boss room would help alot in boss fight.

Aura + curse : Reduced mana - herald of thunder - curse on hit - assansin's mark

Aura 2 : Reduced mana - herald of thunder - purity of lightning

Movement : leap slam - faster attacks -(blood magic)

Trigger setup : CWDT - enduring cry - immortal call - increased duration

Trigger 2 : vengeance - life gain on hit

And we have 2 sockets left for use. I used 2 vaal haste for dps boost but it's up to one's favor what uitlity gems to use.

Gears

Spoiler

Weapon : Hegemony's era

It is +450 pdps and +8.5 crit 2H weapons. Plus extra power charge.

Helemet : The three dragons

With this helmet, lightning dmg from static strike can freeze and fire damage from herald of ash can shock. Obviously, core item.

Chest : Belly of the beast or Lightning coil recommended

As you can see the stats pictures below, belly of the beast is great boost for flat life. But lightning coil is also strong choice because it would give ~24% phys damage reduction (new version + 79 lightning resist with purity of lightning). We can think it makes effective hp ~ 1.33 times flat life. So it is up to favor which chests to use.

Gloves : Maligaro's virtuosity

Crit chance, Crit multi, dex, and attack speed. All of those specs are sweet.

Belt : Rustic sash with life, resists, and preferably wed mods

Boots : Life and resists.

Amulets and Rings :

Life, resists needed to cap max, accuracy, crit multi and crit chance(multi from amulet, chances from amulet and diamond rings), flat phys dmg or wed mods can boost dps too.

Example gear setups :
Spoiler

Sorry about crap jewerlies. I am just using old gears here and there in stash. I was planning to use torment not bad jewerly but I passed 5L twice when linking, blaming dumb fingers;/ So I ragego back to standard.. ;p

Stats

Spoiler

Rooms to improve

I don't want to just show off only good side of the builds. Lemme talk honestly here.

First, cant perma freeze 78 domi. That domi is fat!! I want more dps or more clever gem setup to perma freeze him. I thought physics to lightning for more lightning dps. But no life leech and no mana leech if I using phys to lihgt. In that case, I need to use mana regen to cover mana cost but it seems hard to cap resist if I get accuracy + mana regen + crit multi from amulets and rings. Another choice will be warlord's marks. But there are curse immune maps and mobs in no immune maps. I want it go not restricted alot in terms of map mods choice. Hence I dropped phys to light. But it is very tempting choice still.

Second, supplying power charges. I thought it would be enough to sustain full charge with hegemony + passives but it turned out not. So I linked pcoc to boost crit chance. Maybe I could use secondary skill to gain power charges and deal with static strikes.

Third, defense. I think it's not bad but more life and more defense is always better :) This can be achieved through optimization of tree or using kaoms(?) with sacrificing bit gem sockets. But it would make 6L hegemony required so I am kinda opposed to wearing it.

Thanks for taking a look my build, hope you enjoy :)
If you come up with any improvement of this build, feel free to throw it here.

Have a good day.

Update notes

Improvement 1 - Thanks to my friend vic. Finally optimised gem setup and tree - dropped pcoc and added increased critical dmg, bit tree optimization updated. Now can perma freeze 78 domi phase 1. But stil phase 2 is fat!! hard to freeze but phase 2 is easy fight so dont need bother much. Added a video demonstrating 78 domi fight.

Improvement 2 - I was staring at passive tree for more defense. Then I just felt like using elemental proliferation gem for most mobs. It works well. When I was using increased critical damge gem, the ele ref mobs gave me too high spike on life. But with elemental proliferation gem, it's more stable. 40k dps without p.charge. 51.7k dps with full p.charges. Added a video demonstrating proliferation gem setup.

Last edited by kaleav on Jan 23, 2015, 1:26:11 PM
Hi ! I like the idea of a freezing static striker !

Yet, i'll see a 6L Hegemony with Physical to lightning !

Spoiler

At level 20 with 20% q, you got :

Gain 30% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage
50% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage

+10% increased Physical Damage
+10% increased Lightning Damage

6L : Static strike + Multistrike + PtoL + Weapon elemental damage + Melee physical damage + Lightning penetration (since you got a 20%q on it and level 20)
Very interesting build. I'll keep an eye on feedback.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info