Buff Minion Instability?

Hi

Could something be done to buff this sad keystone? ATM it doesn't seem to scale well with anything, come to think of it MI hasn't scaled well since I attempted a summoner build in OB.

I am under the impression keystones drastically change your build and this particular keystone might as well be a minor node.

I was thinking perhaps MI could be redone like the acrobatics node, totem nodes, etc. The passive node would begin with MI then have some buffs for it followed by the option of changing the fire damage of MI to Chaos damage which would exude a cloud of poison gas on death of minions encouraging more DOT, duration node usage.

I really want this keystone to work so summoners could make builds that explode! and its been a long time in the coming.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have this keystone on my build path, but haven't decided to add it due to the reasons you mentioned. It doesn't seem to scale well and for witch/summoner builds, it's a bit of a let down.

Here's my current build Witch
This skill can work, ive made a summoner that used it to good effect.

zombies linked with chance to ignite, prolif, added fire.
couple that with elemental equilibrium and frost nova with curse on hit, flamability and elemental weakness, and running anger.

against weak mobs the zombies burn them down and mele them down, against dangerous mobs the zombies explode and due to the curses they do quite a bit of damage (which prolifs the burn).

That being said I do think it would be nice if they benefited from your fire/spell/elemental damage bonus, or if minion damage increased the explosion damage. - I dont think either of these is true currently but im not certain. If any one reading knows this id love to learn.

The explosion itself could do with more AOE and a more obvious (but not please not frame rate killing) graphic.

In addition on the subject of exploding minions.... why oh why was cast on death a pvp gem, rather than a pvp and minion dual purpose gem.
Minion damage does increase MI fire damage from what I've read.

Cast on Death for minions would probably create all kinds of OP setup I would think.
"
mirage2k640 wrote:
Minion damage does increase MI fire damage from what I've read.

And what you have read is correct :) The minion actively explodes itself; that's why a one-shot Minion cannot explode! The minion explodes, the Damage is dealt by the minion, it is considered Minion Damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info