[1.3] Quite beginner-friendly budget flameblaster, feat. EE & multicurse made simple

Hey!
I've had very limited time to play during this season and I figured that I could share how I played if there are people in a similar situation. It's highly inspired by fox's arcer in the later stages.

Passive Tree Progression:

Gearing:

Essential Early Uniques
Spoiler

The point is to avoid using chance to ignite and use these leveling uniques instead until you can afford a quality flameblast. I had my flameblast in a +1 fire gem level scepter until I switched to Geofri's Crest.

Later gearing pointers
Spoiler

Keep resistances capped, get as much life as possible.
At 53, grab a Geofri's Crest and put your flameblast in there.

Post Cloak of Flame:

I'd suggest Cloak of Defiance, double perandus signets for manareg and xp, Doryani's catalyst for weapon and keep the crest, rares in all other slots. Get +1 curse ring or a corrupted amulet if you feel that it's needed. Rise of the Phoenix is useful vs reflect.

Links:

Main links:

Flameblast - Elemental Proliferation - Fire Penetration - (Empower/Spell Echo, when using Geofri's Crest over a scepter)

Ice Nova - Curse On Hit - Warlord's Mark - Flammability - (Elemental Weakness, if you have a 5l and are using a +1 curse item)

Supporting links:

Reduced Mana - Clarity - Herald of Thunder - (Purity of Fire, if you have enough mana pool)

CWS - Molten Shell - Fireball

CWDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

Arctic Armour

Lightning Warp - Reduced Duration

Explanation of links:
Spoiler
Flameblast, main damage skill - applies shocks and burns to proliferate.

Ice Nova, debuff skill - applies EE and curses. Mark is there for the leech.

Buffs, Clarity for mana, Herald of Thunder for shockstacks and Purity of Fire for the +max res.

CWS, I found a CWS while leveling and found it quite neat to get molten shell there and fireball for some extra damage output while stunned. Fireball can produce some neat single-target damage when you need it the most.

CWDT, physical mitigation

AA, this is a quite fun skill in this build. Activating AA is going to stop most ignites on yourself from cloak of flame and thus you lose 40% cast speed while using double mouko's embrace. I hardly used it at all while I used Cloak of Flame and Mouko's Embrace but I played Torment so there's that. Anyways, great vs reflect, should be a no-brainer to use against it selectively while using cloak of flame and should always be on after you left it.

LW, some mobility is always nice.

How it is played:

Run into stuff, use Ice Nova to apply EE & curses, apply appropriate number of Flameblast stacks and finally watch the world burn. If running into stuff to use Ice Nova is too risky, trap can be used to keep a safe distance, consumes a link though.
Last edited by shjort on Jan 16, 2015, 6:39:53 PM
Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info