[1.3] Cyclone Cast on Kill Tank

Hi everyone :D

Im here to post a build im thinking of trying, and i want some feedback as to how it would work out by you who are more experienced.

This is the tree:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAFey5HYrw6UbKkITZL8zBgraKYuyE73Tteu8FLWBLvTZHfjndQ-fksUCgXhOsrwz3qZXAv4-ZBIcyTlO7KaVOKp_LpzAB5zboZKMaVWEhFE38S7yfGJF5OenVns1-4ho-Xz_vDhQg5FFQR4IH8kHSIfe-bpfynKQZtiwl3xv6OlJ82fcy6hj46xRxgToDAH6aG6p2rM9-rY3ZfLZBQzEbyL_Vg7YnC4bRYVLvTvIvajsc52oeOBspLny4

Skill Setup:

4L - Cyclone - Melee Physical Damage - Conc Effect - Blood Magic

4L - Reduced Mana - Grace - Determination - Aura

6L - Vaal Cyclone - Cast On Kill - Detonate Dead - Inc Duration - Inc Area - Conc Effect

3L - Cast When Dmg Taken - Molten Shell - Enduring Cry

4L - Vengeance - Vengeance - Vengeance - Conc Effect

3L - Vengeance - Vengeance - Conc Effect

Important Gear

Soul Taker - To be able to swap out blood magic on Cyclone

Alphas Howl - To maybe squees another aura in together with soul taker

Thats the baseline for the build.

So i would like some feedback on how you guys think the dmg will be and how the survivability will be vs Physical / Elemental

Greetings
Your tree has nothing to do with your build. It takes a mana cluster and sword nodes, as well as resistance nodes.

With Soul Taker and that passive skill tree you won't deal enough damage nor have enough life to trigger COMK and often to even survive being in battle.

Edit: There's even blood magic in your links despite the build using soul taker.
Last edited by 7thFullMoon on Jan 7, 2015, 10:35:08 AM
"
7thFullMoon wrote:
Your tree has nothing to do with your build. It takes a mana cluster and sword nodes, as well as resistance nodes.

With Soul Taker and that passive skill tree you won't deal enough damage nor have enough life to trigger COMK and often to even survive being in battle.

Edit: There's even blood magic in your links despite the build using soul taker.

The soultaker is something i dont have, the mana node is there to help early lvl mana problems and you obviously spec out of it when you get a soultaker. Same goes for blood magic. It will be there so you can use the ability without the soultaker. You swap it for something else when you get a soultaker.

The sword nodes i just took for the bleed, after you get a soul taker you can probably spec out of the to get more hp nodes or damage nodes.
Absolute Endgame with a soultaker will have the tree looking something like this:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAFey5HYrw6UbKkITZL8zBgraKYuyE73Tteu8FLWBLvTZHfkCgXhOsrwz3qZXAv4-ZBIcyTlO7KaVOKp_LpzAB5zboZKMaVWEhFE38S7yfGJF5OenVns1-4ho-Xz_vDhQg5FFQR4IH8kHSIfe-bpfynKQZtiwl3xv6OlJ82fcy6hj46xRxdqzPfq2N2Xy2QUMxG8i_1YO2JwuG0WFS707yL2o7HOdqHjgbKS58uP5rrlATyWWnWf4wd-JhZFLBoxNMJvgX4U4y9kiMzz38WGPEgsbYZU2-p9i9NZK18qlueA1Yr6ZXTeP-jzGe
An «Absoulte Endgame Build» that intends to use COMK would have some sort of spell damage and real activator (rather than crummy vaal cyclone linked with meager Detonate Dead), you also take elemental resistance nodes which are extremely inneficient considering you can get those on gear very easily and unwavering stance despite being a cycloner (you're immune to stuns mid-cyclone).

The Duelist has no merit as a spell caster and is very far from anything that would provide a decent boost to their damage. The best way to boost both offenses is to use a Crown of Eyes.

In my opinion this should be scrapped altogether as a COMK character. It's a cycloner with it slapped on.

If you want to make a real COMK build you need to properly hybridize your damage types, as well as have a good trigger ability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info