[1.3.0] Harra's EE RF-Mjölner Cyclone (89/75/80 max res, AA level 17, 5k life, atziri viable)

Hey guys,
due to demand from my friendslist, some of my guildies and the general lack of a GOOD and PROVEN to be working mjoelner build im here to present you my fully tested and fully fleshed out Mjölner-Cycloner.

a little disclaimer from the start: id not advise this build in a HC setting, you WILL regret it if you die to a misplay. the build can easily be played HC by a better player than me, expect to get fucked tho, not because of the build but you forgetting to flask or getting desynched.

disclaimer #2, if you easily get jealous, cant cope with high price builds or want a budget version, get out please.

GENERAL IDEA:

i got my hands on a mjoelner after a lucky trade, and played around with all the usual shenanigans. MS, LS etc and found it to be really subpar, especially for single target so i wanted to do something new.

the general idea of this build was to use cyclone to proc 2xArcs, while righteous fire provided the spell damage. next step up from this was to include scolds bridle as a further mean to increase spell damage in combination with RF.

problem then was the mana sustain. with blood magic cyclone scolds downside gets way to big to ignore, even with a LGOH attached - so to not get wrecked by it i had to spec into mana regen to sustain cyclone on mana, with the neat byproduct that i was now able to sustain an arctic armor aswell. and here comes the fun part. within this build,
AA negates scolds downside 100%.

by that point i was already facerolling 76/77s and was thinking of ways to further increase damage, when it hit me that i could just spec into elemental equilibrium, add flat cold onto some jewellry, and from then on this build was born.

so not bore you further, lets get to the good parts. here the normal version first:

GEM SETUP:

Belly 5l - cyclone - faster attacks - lgoh - reduced mana - inc aoe
Scolds 4l - reduced mana - purity of lightning - purity of fire - clarity
doedre's tenure 4l - RF - inc burning - inc aoe - conc effect
Mjölner - arc - arc - life leech
rise of the phoenix - leap slam - faster attacks - arctic armour
boots - cwdt - ec - ic - inc duration

pretty selfexplanatory. we dont need pen, inc duration can be swapped out for enfeeble if youre in fear of getting oneshot by a map boss.

GEAR:

Spoiler

you absolutely need the mjoelner, rotp and doedres for this to make it work, scolds is obviously BIS too, build works like a charm without tho. for ammy you want something with the required stats and mana regen, rest is negligible. rings can be 2x mana regen, life, and what stats left you may need. for belt doryanis with light leech is bis, not necessary tho. if you have problems capping res or just want more life, take a rare one as were using LL gem at all times either way.
you really have to watch out for flat damage on jewellry tho, you CANT have anything else bar cold damage or phys (which does nothing) best thing by far is to just buy jewellry with a free prefix and craft the desired cold damage onto it.

note that bis for gloves and the single biggest increase of clear speed you can have is this
Spoiler
. corrupted approx 50 pairs to get it, absolutely worth it! if you got the money to try this build, just do it!

DISCHARGE VARIANT.

you noticed i run a romiras with this build and specced into RT (which you should do either way). if you get as lucky as i was with my boots and the other ring, you will be able to switch out the second ring for romiras and get 1x discharge 1x arc and 1x lifeleech going in your mjoelner.

with this, the damage is just ridiculous tho. for atziri, switch out arc with pen and youre golden. with that being said, no further ado, heres the part thats the most unimportant, the tree.

finally, THE TREE

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwEswthDF8RDxQgFLAWbxcvGjgcpx0UJLAnLyj6Mgk1kjpYPAU8LUGHQqNDyEWdR35MLUz_TwRQMFBHU1JTpVXGW6BfKl8_ZU1mnmh0aPJsRnJscql0VXaseA15aHwOfEt82X6vgKSCHoKbgseD24TZjRmPRpBVlKCWdJitmjua4JuhogCnValurJivbLXytz69Nr6KvqfAGsBmwQTEWMS4xPbGrs9-1fjYvdlf2mLbC9te3YzgEuFz42rkUeoY6-7sOO8O73zwH_JF9kj3MvfX-ej60v4K

nothing to be seen here. lightning damage, EB to sustain AA. EE obviously, loads of life and mana regen, loads of stats (pathing into marauder is for dex req of aa). obviously you would have to fit this around your gear. possible pathings for the future are a) more life, b) illuminati cluster, c) inner force. i havent leveveled with this so no idea what to do, probably crit tendrils or lameblast?

if you were running the arc variant, it would obvs be good to spec out of aoe and power charges, get more stats, more life or maybe run inner force due to more mana regen (2x rings). its not really less powerful, just doesnt look as cool :D

REFLECT?

as this gets asked all the time, im inclined to answer directly. flask setup:
Spoiler

as you can see, im running 2x topaz, both with charge recovery i usually have 100% uptime on them if i dont mispot due to a bad play. together with LL gem 20q and doryanis, reflect maps are playable, but not recommended at all.

WITH VIDEO NOW
http://youtu.be/-EFBUkgcW3A

sorry for the lag and bad quality, will record a better one as soon as i get my head around it, first time recording.

my first build "guide", so dont be too harsh. with the proper feedback, i WILL flesh this out further, with proper edits and stuff and go more in depth. but first i wanna get a video going, gonna be editing this soon (hopefully) as its my first time recording anything, too!) and get this out as soon as possible, so other people can start playing the best and only mjoelner build (imo :p) for 1.3.0.

thanks a lot guys and hope you have as much fun with the game as im currently having.
Last edited by groelle on Jan 6, 2015, 8:10:04 AM
reserved
Hello, i have a few things i'd like to point out

"
general lack of a GOOD and PROVEN to be working mjoelner build im here to present you my fully tested and fully fleshed out Mjölner-Cycloner.

First of all, this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/917173
has been around since ever

Secondly,

-how big of effect, does eldrich battery actually give you? You have next to no energy shield in your gear, seems kind of like a waste to me.

-ls and mc are meta for mjolner builds for a very good reason, being that you land more effective hits even if their mechanics are sub-par, simply due to the fact that you have a lot of projectiles as opposed to cyclone which is notoriously unreliable in its behavior.

-scold's is a great item yes, but what you are using it for is wrong. Yes it gives a major spell damage boost but that's not what makes that helmet amazing. What makes it amazing is the fact that you hit yourself, from whence come all sorts of great opportunities for leet dips, such as vaal molten shell. Which to me currently is heresy not to use with scold's as it's simply hands down one of the most broken things I have witnessed in poe to date. With level 3 empower and conc effect increased duration vaal molten shell on my current torment character, i get 64k tooltip dps, which is then stacked on top of my 0.07 cast rate incinerate. So you can imagine how funny it gets on bosses.

-due to the high requirements of mjolner usage, it's a generally a bad idea to attempt and hold rf with it as well. In the old summer-spring skill tree it was fairly easy, not so much anymore. You simply use too many skill points you otherwise could have used on other things, such as the same dmg increase nodes you could have picked up over mana regen/life regen nodes. I'd strongly advise you to consider celestial punishment and the nodes surrounding it. Since you are using rt, you cannot crit with your spells, so as it is in your skill tree you only have 5% chance to shock, which is very low. Celestial punishment would double that. The better combination for mjolner itself would be arc and discharge, first applies shock stacks at highly increased rate, kills annoying totems and one shots weaker monsters, while the second serves as the main damage source for larger enemies. With celestial punishment and arc, that alone is already a reliable 75% more dmg on enemies due to shock stacks and node increased effect, which provides similar if not more increase to your overall damage.

-because you are using 6 uniques in your item build, it is insanely difficult for you to get good (ele weakness capped) reses while having enough str and dex on gear to wear a mjolner, i'd really tone down a little, at least not the gloves since you can use curse on hit in your chest link later on.

-in your current gem setup, i'm sure you would agree with me, survivability is sketchy at best, you do have an immortal call cwdt link but it's not a voll's devotion version, making it a lot better to use self cast for 15-17 sec duration. Trio would be pretty hard. Also, the real problem that haunts mjolner since release, is its damage potential and ele reflect packs, which is why you are spamming your flasks so much. Something tells me you die to that a lot, and you don't seem to have any counter to that as of yet, i'd advise trying to implement purity of lighting into your build. Flasks alone are definitely not enough as with 85% lightning res mjolner can still easily one shot you.

But honestly all in all, and that's just my personal opinion, since the block nerfs mjolner is just not that good at all on a life based character. The reason a life based mjol build worked so well for Etup in the last league is because he had a ton of block from the skill tree, which countered a major part of phys dmg and spell reflect, which allowed him to be very tanky. In your version your counters are low uptime immortal call and a flask, that's just not enough. The LL version on the other hand is just as strong as ever, if not stronger. Killed uber on the first day of patch with it without a death.
Last edited by Ashkatar on Jan 6, 2015, 9:14:38 AM
"
Ashkatar wrote:
Hello, i have a few things i'd like to point out

"
general lack of a GOOD and PROVEN to be working mjoelner build im here to present you my fully tested and fully fleshed out Mjölner-Cycloner.

First of all, this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/917173
has been around since ever

how is my RF, ELEMENTAL EQUILIBRIUM, scolds and doedres build in any kind of remote way the same as a rainbownuke? because im running romiras and discharge? lel, any child would do that combo when presented with a mjoelner.

"

Secondly,

-how big of effect, does eldrich battery actually give you? You have next to no energy shield in your gear, seems kind of like a waste to me.

its around 250-300 mana, more mana that i could get out of those 5 points anywhere else on the tree, secondly it reduces the amount i burn for with rf

"

-ls and mc are meta for mjolner builds for a very good reason, being that you land more effective hits even if their mechanics are sub-par, simply due to the fact that you have a lot of projectiles as opposed to cyclone which is notoriously unreliable in its behavior.

may be that ls and ms work for packs better, which i dont think is true - they also lagg way more and are WAY worse regarding single target.

"

-scold's is a great item yes, but what you are using it for is wrong. Yes it gives a major spell damage boost but that's not what makes that helmet amazing. What makes it amazing is the fact that you hit yourself, from whence come all sorts of great opportunities for leet dips, such as vaal molten shell. Which to me currently is heresy not to use with scold's as it's simply hands down one of the most broken things I have witnessed in poe to date. With level 3 empower and conc effect increased duration vaal molten shell on my current torment character, i get 64k tooltip dps, which is then stacked on top of my 0.07 cast rate incinerate. So you can imagine how funny it gets on bosses.

really? telling me i use an item "wrong"? when it certainly does its job absolutely right? and not some gimmicky shenanigans? really? i get a 160% spell damage bonus, FROM ONE ITEM, what way in hell am i not gonna use that? just cringeworthy.

"

-due to the high requirements of mjolner usage, it's a generally a bad idea to attempt and hold rf with it as well. In the old summer-spring skill tree it was fairly easy, not so much anymore. You simply use too many skill points you otherwise could have used on other things, such as the same dmg increase nodes you could have picked up over mana regen/life regen nodes. I'd strongly advise you to consider celestial punishment and the nodes surrounding it. Since you are using rt, you cannot crit with your spells, so as it is in your skill tree you only have 5% chance to shock, which is very low. Celestial punishment would double that. The better combination for mjolner itself would be arc and discharge, first applies shock stacks at highly increased rate, kills annoying totems and one shots weaker monsters, while the second serves as the main damage source for larger enemies. With celestial punishment and arc, that alone is already a reliable 75% more dmg on enemies due to shock stacks and node increased effect, which provides similar if not more increase to your overall damage.

"generally a bad idea". yes. generally. if you dont have level 89, which i have, or not have the right items, which i have. did you even read the thread? im using rf to boost spell damage and it does a better job at it then any kind of nodes i could get for the regen ones.

tbh im completely of a different opinion here. BECAUSE you have to get so much stats, getting some regen with it is the most clever use of all the traveling nodes. spell damage doesnt help, cast speed doesnt, what would you get? block with a char that can clear anything, everywhere in mere milliseconsd? absolute waste.

edit: some other things, celestial is INCREASED, not more damage, so not even noticeable when you have around 300-400% increased spell damage. same with spell damage nodes. again, if you read the thread, youd know that i run arc&discharge most of the time, too. and when everything dies in a oneshot, who cares bout shocks?

"

-in your current gem setup, i'm sure you would agree with me, survivability is sketchy at best, you don't have immortal call cwdt link which makes phys damage quite dangerous on a melee character with next to no armour. I don't see how you are calling this current version of your build atziri viable without immortal call, anyone would tell you that trio would dump on you without it, even in normal atziri you would simply be dieing a lot as a melee. Also, the real problem that haunts mjolner since release, is its damage potential and ele reflect packs, which is why you are spamming your flasks so much. Something tells me you die to that a lot, and you don't seem to have any counter to that as of yet, i'd advise trying to implement purity of lighting into your build.

i have a cwdt taken setup, my survivability is NOT sketchy at all, reminding you of my level 17 AA and 8% life leech. and i did atziri with it, like 20 times, so it is viable. what are you talking about? and note one extra thing IM NOT DIEING to reflect with 100% uptime on topaz. i did when i crafted the build for sure, but now with 2 faster recharge topaz, havent died to reflect since level 85.

and implementing pol? you really did that? thread title says 89/75/80 max res, HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK IM GETTING THAT?

"

But honestly all in all, and that's just my personal opinion, since the block nerfs mjolner is just not that good at all on a life based character. The LL version on the other hand is just as strong as ever, if not stronger. Killed uber on the first day of patch with it without a death.

LL mjoelner is just stupid. nothing else. this ^ does way more damage and has a higher survivabilty while being cheaper. just my personal opinion (kidding here btw if you dont get it /s). if i wasnt such a bad player, id probably do uber without any problems, too.
Last edited by groelle on Jan 6, 2015, 9:30:26 AM
You asked for criticism, you received it don't be so defensive. But again, this version is just weak. Think of this. This are the map mods you simply cannot do or do very slowly:
-reduced regen any kind
-ele weakness
-ele reflect
-blood magic
-vulnerability

Of these map mods, do you know which a LL mjol can't do? none, it does them all. literally with barely a hick-up, only no mana and life regen, and even then if you wanted to you could put poachers mark into curse link or take some life on hit and you'r good to go.

To your first comment, you said it yourself, there is a lack of a "GOOD" and "PROVEN" to be working mjolner build, well, there isn't. There are a a few builds out there, but the two best variations of similar ideas are ll rt and ll crit mjolner builds. As i said they have been around for a while and "proven" themselves. And I won't even mention elemental equilibrium you kinda shot yourself in the foot there ;p

"
its around 250-300 mana, more mana that i could get out of those 5 points anywhere else on the tree, secondly it reduces the amount i burn for with rf

I understand that it is more mana than you could get anywhere else, and here' the problem, you can't get enough mana. You aren't taking inner force already because of that, which is another 21% more effect to your rf and aa. You can't do that, because it's literally impossible to have enough mana in the skill tree to sustain aa cost, while wearing a mjolner and sustaining rf. It's plain silly trying to mix all four together.

"
may be that ls and ms work for packs better, which i dont think is true - they also lagg way more and are WAY worse regarding single target.

it isn't maybe, it's a fact that ls works best for trash clearing due to its reach and amount of projectiles, while ms works best for bosses. Mjolner procs are based on hit. If you launch more projectiles, you hit more, you generate more charges, you cast more discharges at higher charges. Cyclone will never be causing anywhere near as many hits as either of those two. It couldn't even with multistrike, without it, it just simply is miles behind on hit generation.

fyi, lag is caused by in game animations, hence, lag is good on mjolner build as silly as it may sound, a build that does a lot of small hits over one explosion will cause lag, because of its nature.

"
really? telling me i use an item "wrong"? when it certainly does its job absolutely right? and not some gimmicky shenanigans? really? i get a 160% spell damage bonus, FROM ONE ITEM, what way in hell am i not gonna use that? just cringeworthy.

What I am saying, is that yes, this item is very strong, but you are not using it, to its full potential and purpose. You are ment to embrace the fact that it hits you, that's the whole trivia of the item. Use it to your advantage. As i said, again, if you had vaal molten shell you would know how ridiculously strong this combination is, but in your current build, you simply can't afford to have it because you don't have enough links for gems. And that's a problem, you take something, and you don't use it to its full potential.

I'm afraid i'm running out of time here to try and further explain this things to you. But tl:dr

-wrong trigger for mjolner too few hits-> lower dps -> less lag as you call it but kinda weird why would you want to be doing less when you could be doing more
-build that's as you call "cheap" yet is very strict in items, it requires several high cost uniques with rares with very specific many mods required per item ---> where's the low cost?
-lack of block/resistances/life on gear/low mobility/entire regen used to maintain rf/high lag ---> low survivability

LL mjo master race, that's mostly why LL mjo was 80% of mjolner builds on standard for a very long time, because it's simply better. But keep working on your life version, there sure are many places where you could improve your build. Good day.
Last edited by Ashkatar on Jan 6, 2015, 9:47:57 AM
Ive got something that would fit your build nicely,

Increase the aoe of your cyclone :)
"
bbarawoody wrote:
Ive got something that would fit your build nicely,

Increase the aoe of your cyclone :)

damn it, to bad im not on standard nor got the balls to try.

@ashkatar, youre assuming to much. i can do any of those map mods too, in combination probably not, but why should vuln or half regen/no regen be more of aproblem for me then for a ll mjoelner? turn off rf and youre fine, not like youd do no damage without.
"
groelle wrote:
Hey guys,
due to demand from my friendslist, some of my guildies and the general lack of a GOOD and PROVEN to be working mjoelner build im here to present you my fully tested and fully fleshed out Mjölner-Cycloner.

a little disclaimer from the start: id not advise this build in a HC setting, you WILL regret it if you die to a misplay. the build can easily be played HC by a better player than me, expect to get fucked tho, not because of the build but you forgetting to flask or getting desynched.

disclaimer #2, if you easily get jealous, cant cope with high price builds or want a budget version, get out please.

GENERAL IDEA:

i got my hands on a mjoelner after a lucky trade, and played around with all the usual shenanigans. MS, LS etc and found it to be really subpar, especially for single target so i wanted to do something new.

the general idea of this build was to use cyclone to proc 2xArcs, while righteous fire provided the spell damage. next step up from this was to include scolds bridle as a further mean to increase spell damage in combination with RF.

problem then was the mana sustain. with blood magic cyclone scolds downside gets way to big to ignore, even with a LGOH attached - so to not get wrecked by it i had to spec into mana regen to sustain cyclone on mana, with the neat byproduct that i was now able to sustain an arctic armor aswell. and here comes the fun part. within this build,
AA negates scolds downside 100%.

by that point i was already facerolling 76/77s and was thinking of ways to further increase damage, when it hit me that i could just spec into elemental equilibrium, add flat cold onto some jewellry, and from then on this build was born.

so not bore you further, lets get to the good parts. here the normal version first:

GEM SETUP:

Belly 5l - cyclone - faster attacks - lgoh - reduced mana - inc aoe
Scolds 4l - reduced mana - purity of lightning - purity of fire - clarity
doedre's tenure 4l - RF - inc burning - inc aoe - conc effect
Mjölner - arc - arc - life leech
rise of the phoenix - leap slam - faster attacks - arctic armour
boots - cwdt - ec - ic - inc duration

pretty selfexplanatory. we dont need pen, inc duration can be swapped out for enfeeble if youre in fear of getting oneshot by a map boss.

GEAR:

Spoiler

you absolutely need the mjoelner, rotp and doedres for this to make it work, scolds is obviously BIS too, build works like a charm without tho. for ammy you want something with the required stats and mana regen, rest is negligible. rings can be 2x mana regen, life, and what stats left you may need. for belt doryanis with light leech is bis, not necessary tho. if you have problems capping res or just want more life, take a rare one as were using LL gem at all times either way.
you really have to watch out for flat damage on jewellry tho, you CANT have anything else bar cold damage or phys (which does nothing) best thing by far is to just buy jewellry with a free prefix and craft the desired cold damage onto it.

note that bis for gloves and the single biggest increase of clear speed you can have is this
Spoiler
. corrupted approx 50 pairs to get it, absolutely worth it! if you got the money to try this build, just do it!

DISCHARGE VARIANT.

you noticed i run a romiras with this build and specced into RT (which you should do either way). if you get as lucky as i was with my boots and the other ring, you will be able to switch out the second ring for romiras and get 1x discharge 1x arc and 1x lifeleech going in your mjoelner.

with this, the damage is just ridiculous tho. for atziri, switch out arc with pen and youre golden. with that being said, no further ado, heres the part thats the most unimportant, the tree.

finally, THE TREE

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwEswthDF8RDxQgFLAWbxcvGjgcpx0UJLAnLyj6Mgk1kjpYPAU8LUGHQqNDyEWdR35MLUz_TwRQMFBHU1JTpVXGW6BfKl8_ZU1mnmh0aPJsRnJscql0VXaseA15aHwOfEt82X6vgKSCHoKbgseD24TZjRmPRpBVlKCWdJitmjua4JuhogCnValurJivbLXytz69Nr6KvqfAGsBmwQTEWMS4xPbGrs9-1fjYvdlf2mLbC9te3YzgEuFz42rkUeoY6-7sOO8O73zwH_JF9kj3MvfX-ej60v4K

nothing to be seen here. lightning damage, EB to sustain AA. EE obviously, loads of life and mana regen, loads of stats (pathing into marauder is for dex req of aa). obviously you would have to fit this around your gear. possible pathings for the future are a) more life, b) illuminati cluster, c) inner force. i havent leveveled with this so no idea what to do, probably crit tendrils or lameblast?

if you were running the arc variant, it would obvs be good to spec out of aoe and power charges, get more stats, more life or maybe run inner force due to more mana regen (2x rings). its not really less powerful, just doesnt look as cool :D

REFLECT?

as this gets asked all the time, im inclined to answer directly. flask setup:
Spoiler

as you can see, im running 2x topaz, both with charge recovery i usually have 100% uptime on them if i dont mispot due to a bad play. together with LL gem 20q and doryanis, reflect maps are playable, but not recommended at all.

WITH VIDEO NOW
http://youtu.be/-EFBUkgcW3A

sorry for the lag and bad quality, will record a better one as soon as i get my head around it, first time recording.

my first build "guide", so dont be too harsh. with the proper feedback, i WILL flesh this out further, with proper edits and stuff and go more in depth. but first i wanna get a video going, gonna be editing this soon (hopefully) as its my first time recording anything, too!) and get this out as soon as possible, so other people can start playing the best and only mjoelner build (imo :p) for 1.3.0.

thanks a lot guys and hope you have as much fun with the game as im currently having.

Its wierd that you say double cast arc, as spells share a 10ms cooldown with all spells of the same name, preventing the same spell from being cast at the same time. This change was made a while back when everyone was abusing 2-3 Ethereal knives builds and multipel enduring cry procs.

Kind of a strange build , I would much rather prefer Vaal pact with leech as it makes you almost invicible. My build is much more tanky and can still kill most 77-78 map bosses in seconds.

And reflect is so easy with my build. I can attack a full screen of mobs with reflect and my life will fill up to full instantly. I dont need any flask, or gear or anything else to rely on to do reflects, its just a joke how easy reflect is.

I just dont see the need to try and squeeze out more DPS from a build that is already insane in damage. I mean even with the worst gear and Mjolner you will clear full screens of any mob on 78 maps, and bosses are rather stupidly easy to boot.

With my build I can almost face tank any boss. Not sure I really understand what you are attempting here. Seems very subpar.
Last edited by Paragon1 on Jan 6, 2015, 9:44:00 PM
I've waited with commenting further after your reddit post untill I had the chance to try out my own mjolner build. Now that I've had the weekend to play test it, let's see. First off, nice job for making a 1.3 guide combining good ideas! For mjolner the information and guides for 1.3 was lacking severely.

RT with Romira's is good. I run 5 power charges but might drop one, I don't see all 5 being up very often, you run 3? 4?
Scold's bridle, a good idea for this build. The mana cost wil reflect damage back to you but I do feel I'd be more usefull if you combined it with vaal molten shell as someone said. CwdT should proc from it too, which is nice as well. Needing to run AA for it is a big mana consumption though and thus requires more from your gear.

Using RF is also very viable but with the 1.3 tree it is hard to get enough regen. Also you missed 0,5% near the marauder area, armoury it is called I think, the notable above diamond skin.

You go up all the way to the witch area for EB, if you can drop it you can free up a lot of points and take for example, the illuminati wheel at the templar and some more life from the scion wheel and marauder area. Though you would lose intellegence. In my version I needed roughly 200 int from my gear but only 30 str.

Myself I've played with Molten Strike and Lightning strike and found both to work quite well. Lightning strike is nice from a distance too but that makes discharge useless, something that cyclone does perfectly.
I'm trying to get elemental weakness on gloves but that is easier said than done, I was already pretty lucky with this corruption
I also tried herald of thunder - curse on hit - warlords mark but I find it to be a bit lackluster. It's simply too slow to be good even if you are in melee range. 1-3 cursed mobs before everything dies isn't going to add much to your dps no matter what curse you use, specially when compared to elemental weakness on hit from gloves.

gear

]

I kept my headslot open for a possible upgrade to scold's bridle but I might change things around a bit again later today if I drop herald of thunder. It's still very much in experimental stages for me. Not ready to try atziri yet either.

On a final note, reflect on a map was pretty doable as long as you don't discharge into a pack of mobs. For cyclone this is quite scary since you are always in the mid of it whereas arc from a distance is small hits, hit-leech-hit-leech-hit etc. A topaz is always a good idea though when you see the dangerous light blue doom called ele reflect :P.

Edit:
I've added RF now too after getting my hands on a cheap 15% gem. It's a substantial dps boost that is sure.
new_gear

With this I've also managed to do atziri full clear. It took me a few sets to get used to being melee in those fights and quite a bit of frustration on trio but it is very possible. Did vaal deathless and 1 death on trio and atziri last time I tried.
Last edited by GilgameshNL on Jan 15, 2015, 9:17:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info