[1.3] HitoZ Dual Flame Totem (cheap/self found)

This is a guide mainly for people who solo, want to have fun, possibly get some nice loot for other builds they want to try out and it's 99.9% desync free.

Build:

Leveling Guide:
Bandits:
Spoiler
I chose to get all 3 skill points. You can however take 40HP, skill point, one of the charges if you want to use charges.

Skill Tree Step by Step:
Spoiler

10 Points

20 Points

35 Points, lvl 31 (you didn't kill Piety for 2 points yet)

50 Points

60 Points

69 Points

80 Points

86 points Final stretch

87 and beyond
Spoiler

I advise you take Shaper, then you can do what ever you want. Dual curse, Elemental Equilibrium, Inner Force, more mana and mana regen at Scion start, more life at Scion life wheel, Elemental Dominion + Fire Walker at Witch.

Leveling skills and gear:
Spoiler
For skill you can use either Ice Nova or Lightning Tendrils. I recommend Lightning Tendrils because we later link it with Added Lightning Damage and we want to make a full use of our weapon which will be either a wand or scepter with +1 to lightning gems.

find a 2 linked scepter with 20% elemental damage. Make it a magic rarity by transmuting it. Sell the weapon along with a lightning resistance ring ( can be any rarity ) and one Alteration orb. You now have a secepter with +1 to socketed lightning gems. This weapon will last you untill we get dual totems passives at which point you want a weapon with either extra spell/fire damage and/or cast speed.

If you have Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectiles as soon as you start using your Flame Totem and you are lacking on dexterity either deviate from the passive tree to pick up one of the 30 Dexterity nodes earlier or get some dexterity on your items. You can wear whatever you can get your hand on we don't care about resists and hp much. I used lvl 30 gear till i started doing maps and in the same gear i did Dominus in Merciless with barely 2.5k hp uncapped resists ( below 50% ) and i was 5 levels below Dominus.

Your 2 best gems while leveling will be Purity gem mainly for yourself and Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance gem ( at least untill you get the totem resistance passive ).

Gems and Gear:
Spoiler
This is an inexpensive build so anything with 4 links works.
GEMS:
Flame Totem + LMP/GMP + Faster Casting + Fire Penetration ( you can replace fire pen for item rarity, your damage output will be lower but more items for you )

Purity of Fire + Purity of Lightning + Purity of ice + Reduced Mana ( I consider this mandatory as it gives you lots of options for your gear choices )

Blood Magic + Clarity ( my clarity is lvl 1 but you can use w/e level you feel you need )

Lightning warp + Reduced Duration + Faster Casting ( your movement skill )

Honourable Mentions:
Smoke Mine ( no risk when opening strongboxes )
Vaal Lightning Trap ( shocking ground, used on bosses or other tough mobs for dps boost )

All the gear listed here is self found, the chest was crafted but found as 5L:
Spoiler

To note before going through DPS stats. I have lvl 18 Flame totem and support gems. My Flame totem costs 77 mana and has 2001 tooltip dps. If I replace Item Rarity with lvl 15 Added Chaos the totem costs 100 mana and has 2429 tooltip dps. The real Dps is tooltip dps * number of projectiles so 20k.

Stats:
Spoiler
Offense:

Defense:

Defense With average HP items:

Misc Tab:

Video:
Spoiler
This is the highest map i got so far. Not the toughest mods and it took a good 14 minutes without me really picking up loot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIw_u-CiJAU&feature=youtu.be

I also ran another 74 map with rippy mods. Beyond with +4 projectiles. The video was 40 minutes longs and i nworse quality so i decided not to upload it. In case you're wondering, yes i died a couple of times doing that map but the beyond boss that i spawned rewarded me for my time and effort

Spoiler

IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
Last edited by Pivovar on Jan 7, 2015, 12:32:55 PM
shameless bump. edited first post with video section
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info