EU01-45-HC FFA Arena

The queue for this tournament can be found in the "Events" tab of the "Events and PvP" panel. This can be accessed in-game through the menu button, or by pressing B (by default). You must queue for this tournament in order to participate in it. You can enter this type of tournament late if needed.

You must be on the following league/gateway to participate in this tournament:

League: Hardcore
Gateway: Europe

PvP-only characters can be used for this tournament.
Instructions on how to create preconstructed PvP-only characters can be found here.

This is a low-level event. It is restricted to level 28 characters who have not yet completed Normal difficulty.

This is a Free-For-All event
FFA Arena tournaments are free-for-all events where you want to kill as many players as possible within the time limit. More information on how this format works can be found in the PvP rules.

Each kill is worth 1 point.

The top 20 players by points will receive:
  • #1 Overall: Talisman of the Victor (Unique Jet Amulet) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 Overall: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 Overall: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 Overall: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 Overall: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 Overall: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 Overall: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific point tiers:
  • 125 Points: 15 Reward Points.
  • 75-124 Points: 12 Reward Points.
  • 40-74 Points: 10 Reward Points.
  • 25-39 Points: 7 Reward Points.
  • 15-24 Points: 5 Reward Points.
  • 5-14 Points: 3 Reward Points.
  • 3-4 Points: 2 Reward Points.
  • 1-2 Point: 1 Reward Point.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Can't even force myself to finish this event. Spawn and die, no spawn protection 6 times in a row and die 6 times in a row without moving. I fail to see the fun in this.
not fun because:

- you constantly spawn dead in someone's cyclone
- you spawn in traps, half dead and cant move
- you spawn alive, then get moved into another instance alive for no reason
- you spawn in the middle of a fight, and the ranking pops up and you can't see what is happening
- you spawn alive into an emtpy instance, run around, after 20 secs you find someone and get moved into another instance again
- you almost kill someone, then get moved into another instance
- you almost kill someone, then they get moved into another instance
- after being moved, you spawned on 10% of your life because you got attacked while being moved
- you see someone spawning, you're forced to kill them without a fight, because running to the next guy takes too much time
- you see someone spawning, attack him, but he's stuck at loading screen, so your wasting 10 secs of time waiting for him to finish loading so you can kill him.
- you almost kill someone, then they start running away, by doing this you lose points, but the guy running aways as well, as noone is gaining any points
-if you are the last man standing, you lose a lot more time then if you die while killing stuff
- after every death you have to click on that stupid button on the top
- after manually clicking the button to respawn, you get moved into another instance again
- it shows you the ranking again

Last edited by Xorim on Jan 2, 2015, 11:14:08 AM
This is light-years away from being properly balanced. 36 players FFA? Im pretty sure there was an actual Royal Rumble with more wrestlers...

Wanna save PvP, Chris? Better start now before these formats completely alienate the players who wanted to give it a shot.

As for the top dogs out there: how long before you get bored out of your skull playing vs the same people over and over and over and over?

PS. And yea, like Terrex mentionned, no spawn protection for setting up auras or just plain loading up the Arena is absolute buulshit. I'm in NA, trying to use the EU gateway... This is what happens: Im still loading in when I hear myself die. Finally I materialize in the Arena, dead. The game takes a few seconds to resume, and I re-spawn in the middle of a Barrage, Spec Throw, Split Arrow, Tornado Shot maelström. People camping re-spawn points in PoE... boy, oh boy... what's not to like, huh?
IGN: Daario__Naharis, Captain__Harlock, Paul__Atreides
Marty__McFly, Silk__Spectre. Kylo__Ren
Nice to see some persistence

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Brunini

this guy went 0-59 in the first event

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1156191

yet he stuck around and got 3 kills in this one

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1156192

We need more persistent people like him, otherwise the player pool for PvP events will keep dwindling

Maybe when there is 5 minutes left in the event, put all the guys with 0 kills in the same arena, so they don't end up 0-50? lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info