[1.3] The true touch of God (with burns) Hybrid Herald prolif.

Hello,

This is my first "build guide", so don't go hard on me here D-:.
I never really followed any build guides, and never did I wanted to write one. But the build I came up with seems pretty neat to me, and I'd like to share it with you.

Basic concept:
So, when Herald of Ash went live, I always wanted to make some kind of hard hitting, insta gib character, with Herald of Ash in mind. I also really liked the idea of 2H melee, but everyone seemed to say that is sucks (Reddit, some people on forums here). I wasn't really that keen on trying it, since I have never ever made melee build that could go over 70+ maps. So, what this build does (or is trying to do):
- Maximize single hit damage,
- Proliferate the burns,
- Survive. :D

That is it.
I made some funny skill gem setups, so I'll just post them. So, tree:

Skill tree:

Passives
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAA-4EswxfEmkTTBRxFm8XHBcvF-EaOBpsHKcdviSqJvgnLylPMHczhzWSNuk64TwtQYdG10qYTjJTpVXWVylX4lltWfNZ_l-YZFJk52jybqpxeXGFcql2rHflfNl99YCkggeCm4LHi4yMdpBVkc6UXJ2uns2iAKZXpzCsqq2NtfK3Mbc-u-3AGsBmwaPE9sauzGbPMs9-0iHYvdl84XPiYeNq5CLqGOw47SDwH_JB8kX3Mvjr-d356PrS_go=

This tree is far from being optimized. What I'm taking is melee damage, in general. I take both elemental and physical, for double the fun. Next up are resists, increased skill duration for immortal call, Resolute Technique (since no crit), and SoonTM Unwavering Stance. Also, more Endu charges... and buff effects... eh, soon. : D I also take the burn part on top, for extra Herald of Ash burn damage. On the way, I'm taking hp, hp regen, and other stuff. Might be dropping some of it, tho, because as I said it is far from being optimized :P.

Gear

So, the gear choice:
Kaom's Primacy
I picked up axes, because of the Kaom's EXTREME damage, and little cost. Its attack speed doesn't really bother me, because this is not what I'm looking for.
... and that is it :-D. Rest is pretty much random, focusing on standard things, like hp, resists and such.

Gem links
So, links I'm using:
- IC+Inc Dur+BM+Molten Shell

IC+Inc dur - nothing to say here. Altho, I added Blood Magic, so I can cast it anytime, because I'm pretty much struggling on mana. And I don't want to run out of mana for my IC when shit gets real :P.

Molten Shell - inc dur and BM makes it easy to cast, and because of the inc duration from tree, this pretty much turns into a free, long lasting buff. With my current setup, it lasts for about 25 seconds.

- HoA+profli+burn dam+red mana
Nothing to say here - you kill stuff, it burns hard. :P

- Static Strike+lightning pen+WeD+Physical to lightning+Melee physical
Static is op. Yup. But you might as well just use Lightning Strike. Point is, 100% lightning conversion, meaning lighting pen is pretty much a "at least more" modifier. This setup gives MASSIVE single hit damage. (currently at lvl 76 its around 8k-10k, or more).

- Vengeance+ECoMS+Stun+Phyiscal to Lightning
This generates additional endu charges. And stuns a lot. Cool thing about it, is that it can generate charges, even if I'm using IC, because I'm still getting HIT, even tho I'm not taking damage... oh well, what one can do to not cast stuff manually :D.

It is really useful when you are going all in, and it procs, stunning everything around. Because of the massive Kaom's Primacy damage, it is REALLY effective, because you don't need (or can) focus on attack speed - it will proc when it is off cooldown. I really wish I could put more stuff into it (melee damage, WeD) but meh... :-V Need a new unique I think :-D.

Gloves setup is boring. Lets not talk about it. :-@

OVERALL:
This build is not flashy, super fast clear speed, or I dunno, Atziri viable? But I had decent amount of fun to this point, and I'd recommend this to new people, since it doesn't need much items to work. You can pretty much just do it with regular rare axe, and it might just work as well.

Some random video, on how this thing rolls
http://www.twitch.tv/perqqq/c/5774406
This is on some random low level map, so don't bash me. :-P.

If anyone is interested in what I did here, and want some deeper explanations, feel free to ask. :-@
Thanks for reading this wall of text. :P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Dec 29, 2014, 7:27:05 PM
I'm going to test this out in the Beta with some adjustments and most likely also some variations. If you are interested I can share some info how it went unless I rip this level 20 :D
Forever a noob

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info