[2.2 UPDATED] BLENDER REBORN - DW -phys - Crit

Hi guyz,

I'm back with the 2.2 update on our famous Blender. I hoped you enjoyed my last remake of the build in 1.3 (Videos below) and I'm here to revive this sucker to ascendancy patch ;)

Any criticism is good.

|This time, I'll start by saying that our main weapon will be:

I don't know if I will go with 2 of them , or just one, but let's just get there and see.

Let's begin on the theory crafting for now.

Ok , here's the skill tree ## UPDATED 2.2 ##

PROS & CONS
Spoiler
PROS
Spoiler
1.The damage is insane (not 100k insane , but still...)
2.Reflect is nothing, Vaal Pact does the trick
3.This is a hybrid evasion+armor build with 30%+ attack AND spell block percent makes it pretty hard to take down
4.It's cheap build compared to MANY other BoR or even other melee build out there
5.VERY Fast map clearer
6. Sh*t loads of fun , guaranteed !

CONS
Spoiler
1.If you ever get to the point of death, you won't get to see it.
2.Some intelligence issues , and will need some intel on rings/amulet for your gems
3.Can't do Blood Magic maps
4. Not a viable HC build , or rather i wouldn't recommend it.

Skill Setup
Spoiler
Cleave+Multistrike+Fortify+Increase Crit Multi / On BoR
Whirling blades+faster attacks / Leap slam + faster attacks - for mobility purposes

Bandits
Spoiler
1.Oak (duuuhh!)
2.Kraitin/Oak (I went with kraitin, but Oak goes well with mana leech, having more phys to leech from)
3.Oak , went with oak for endurance charge

Auras and CWDT setup
Spoiler
1.Herald of Ash+Blasphemy+Temporal chains
2. CWDT + Imm Call + Incr Duration
3. CWDT + Blood rage + Chaos golem

Stats
Spoiler
Will come soon..

Videos

Spoiler

2.2 Videos: Coming soon

OUTDATED -1.3 Videos:
LvL 70 Bog Map -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFYdTwA_QAY&feature=youtu.be
I apologize for the quality
LvL 73 Cells - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK56WPcURqU&feature=youtu.be.
LvL 74 Undeground river - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyE7EsF30N0
Apex of Sacrifice Double Vaal- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWcng4VGmj8&feature=youtu.be

There is ALWAYS room for improvement !

Ascendancy : ## GLADIATOR ##

Take points leading to : Outmatch and Outlast and Versatile Combatant

Once I level up this 2.2 version, that I already saved some items for, I will update the post with Stats screenshots and updated on leveling/gear.

Have fun with it ;)
Follow me on YouTube & Twitch for more info on new content.
Latest build : 3.4 Holy Shepherd - Dominating Blow

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2209856/page/1
Stay safe exiles ;)
Last edited by dr0guletz on Mar 29, 2016, 11:17:50 AM
Last bumped on May 13, 2016, 5:34:08 AM
Blender is close to a lot of people's hearts so it's great to see it brought to 1.3

All the best for your progress!

I'd like to suggest a few things:

Your weapons are better off with higher base crit. Upgrade your weapons with others with some increased critical chance. A 200pdps 6% weapon will outperform a 230pdps 5%.

Fast clearing speed is better at MF than the item rarity gem, it's a waste of a dps gem.

The crit damage gem is beyond nerfed and is now completely useless. I suggest using Physical to Lightning. A lvl1 P2L gives more dps than a 20/20 crit damage (for me at least). There is also the benefit of spreading the physical damage to 50/50 phys/ele, which helps with reflected damage.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Ty for your support.

As for the weapons i have now, yes, i know they need improvement...just bought them cheap to raise dps, it's obvious crit scales better.

P2L will help with reflect ...if you have issues with it , i for one don't and the 50/50 ele phys is not a good ideea considering the mana issues, mana leech won't work ass well when phys is converted to ele.

Any criticism is wellcome, thank you again.

Stay safe exiles ;)
Nice to see someone doing a blender.

So, a few things:
-Stacking evasion is pointless due to the fact that evasion is hard to come by on gear. I would run hatred in place of grace because the freeze from hatred gives more tankiness than the few % evasion from grace. Acro and phase is all you need.

-You really should change your weapons, to something like
The crit chance is the most important thing. Just buy a cheap weapon with an open suffix and craft crit.

-I know that blender tradition dictates usage of BoR, but for max damage you should use abyssus. For a crit build, Abyssus + 5l is more damage than 6l from BoR.

-Ideal links for cleave are Cleave + Multistrike + Melee Phys + Faster Attacks + Added Fire + Increased AoE/ Conc effect for single target.

-This being a crit build, crit jewellery is super important. f you can afford it, try and get something like
It's expensive, but totally worth it.

-Finally, I made a few changes to the tree. This build is most efficiently done as ranger, but duelist is just as good with barely any difference.

Spoiler

Major changes are :
1. +10% attack speed.
2. +12% Phys damage.
3. +30% crit multi(this is huge).
4. +25% life.
5. +8% Move speed.
6. -32% Accuracy(negligible due to sword accuracy cluster).
7. -80% Crit chance

It may seem like you're losing damage, but you wont. The attack speed and crit multi make it so that you actually gain damage. For some reason you did not take the dervish cluster and the sword crit multi nodes, those are some of the best nodes you could ever take. With these changes you should get well over 100k dps on a 5l. With a belly of the beast you would go up to around 6k life more or less.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Dec 29, 2014, 12:34:40 AM
Just a note to Etherfire. Your tree doesnt show.

Also never tried abyssus, doesnt it like autokill you on any high level map?

TBH as im far from a fan for BOR. By the time / currency you gear to keep resistances up to Bloodrage, you can 6L and get 20/20 melee phys + fasters, and sacrificing blood rage is a no-no for me. And even whitout bloodrage, chaos resis is still nice for some issues

So i do usually stick to Alpha.s howl + Ming + Meginord plan, and enjoy bloodrage, but up to this league i was armor+hp RT so might be time to try new things

So i might try abyss if really is there something i were missing. Because i required up to 6k HP to ensure no 1hits
Sorry, fixed now.

With my tree, using a belly of the beast will take you to 6k life, provided your life on other gear is good.

You won't need blood rage at all. The 2% life leech combined with say another 2% from gear will be more than enough to keep your life leech capped with the huge damage output you will have.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Dec 29, 2014, 12:37:43 AM
Well, my doubt still not if i can recover up, could even count on flasks if defenses / evasion could ensure i dont get hit commonly. But my question still, old 6k hp whit armour were were enough to almost 1hit me randomly (counting armour would mean like 1k less dmg at best against big hits).

Now i have no armour to mitigate and abyssus minimal 40% extra phys dmg, what stops me from being 1hit?
You aren't going to oneshot yourself on 6k life unless its a touch of god or a double flameblast. With belly of the beast, profane chemistry and herbalism your flasks will be super effective. I've been using abyssus on 5k life and ts fine, if a bit spiky on the life. And note that I play with anywhere from 120-350ms ping.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
Nice to see someone doing a blender.

So, a few things:
-Stacking evasion is pointless due to the fact that evasion is hard to come by on gear. I would run hatred in place of grace because the freeze from hatred gives more tankiness than the few % evasion from grace. Acro and phase is all you need.

-You really should change your weapons, to something like
The crit chance is the most important thing. Just buy a cheap weapon with an open suffix and craft crit.

-I know that blender tradition dictates usage of BoR, but for max damage you should use abyssus. For a crit build, Abyssus + 5l is more damage than 6l from BoR.

-Ideal links for cleave are Cleave + Multistrike + Melee Phys + Faster Attacks + Added Fire + Increased AoE/ Conc effect for single target.

-This being a crit build, crit jewellery is super important. f you can afford it, try and get something like
It's expensive, but totally worth it.

-Finally, I made a few changes to the tree. This build is most efficiently done as ranger, but duelist is just as good with barely any difference.

Spoiler

Major changes are :
1. +10% attack speed.
2. +12% Phys damage.
3. +30% crit multi(this is huge).
4. +25% life.
5. +8% Move speed.
6. -32% Accuracy(negligible due to sword accuracy cluster).
7. -80% Crit chance

It may seem like you're losing damage, but you wont. The attack speed and crit multi make it so that you actually gain damage. For some reason you did not take the dervish cluster and the sword crit multi nodes, those are some of the best nodes you could ever take. With these changes you should get well over 100k dps on a 5l. With a belly of the beast you would go up to around 6k life more or less.

Thank you for your review.

Sadly i don't agree to the changes to the tree, the extra attack speed is pointless, but anyhow , it's you opinion and i`m gratefull you could share it.

I know what i need to invest in when it comes to wep and jewls, the problem si currency, and just the fact that i made the build work , and when i say work i mean WOOORKKK !!! is very pleasing for me.

I`ll try to stream every night whis week, come and we;ll discuss face to face ...well ...almost.

Have fun

Stay safe exiles ;)
The main changes in the tree are not the attack speed or phys damage ones. The main change is the 25% extra life(very important, especially with abyssus) along with other really efficient nodes that your tree doesn't take, like dervish or the sword crit multi nodes. For the most part your tree is perfectly fine and gets all you need for this build to be viable.

Like I mentioned before and as you have realised, your main hurdle now is improving your gear. That's it.

Good luck!

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info