1.3 Oro's Flicker Proliferation build?

Hi POE community! I've never posted a build, so I was hoping I could get some feedback on my current setup. I enjoy playing it as is, but I think it has a lot of room for growth (particularly by replacing my underwhelming body armour, jewelry, and helmet -- and acquiring a 5l or 6l).

I'm not the first person to suggest an Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike build, but since I love the AOE potential of elemental proliferation, I thought I'd try a burn proliferate build. The basic idea is a flickering attacker who can also kite if needed -- flicker in, igniting a mob and triggering proliferation, then running away.

Pros:
Completely immune to physical reflect mobs/mods
High area damage
The ignite proliferation does not trigger elemental reflect or corrupting blood, so these mobs can be managed as well (be careful of Vengeance procs though)
Physical damage-scaling attack gems (including flicker strike) can be left at low levels, keeping low mana costs and low attribute requirements
With Resolute Technique, Flicker Strikes will always hit the target, and there's no chance of a misclick causing you to swing at nothing. This is a trivial "pro", but I often find myself accidentally swinging at thin air if a monster moves away.

Cons:
Runs out of mana quickly
Even after the Oro's buff, this build still takes a lot of damage
Not as effective at handling single targets

I leveled up this build from 1 to 58 with self-found elemental damage 2h weapons (though mostly axes), and used Static Strike and Vengeance. From 58 to 67 I used Kaom's Primacy, until I could use Oro's at 67.

Current Skill Tree (Level 69, 87 passive points allocated)
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAzGZKmIuM-d3AZpRcogAEs4Kb7SDhc3flV-LvfJ_fJy_sOHGFwBoaOJBVY_165kbXsULaueNqFm_60maepwiPRh0UcXkXHBJpna4YZS6Ul4U09yGw8WysmPfXm6FVxjpYfNn3MnKprKpZ81OlDF8cp8auPC3E9ti9_gq3PhkuJ-2tjdlhz352rHbnOFMir57N0iFXDV8_wQRVte8OFCBQRxiRvJ_8SxRNAeenMNrd
I prioritized ignite chance, life, fire damage, weapon elemental damage, and armour.

Endgame Skill Tree? (103 passive points allocated)
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAzGZKmIuM-d3AZpRcogAEs4Kb7SDhc3flV-LvfJ_fJy_sOHGFwBoaOJBVY_165kbXsULaueNqFm_60maepwiPRh0UcXkXHBJpna4YZS6Ul4U09yGw8WysmPfXm6FVxjpYfNn3MnKprKpZ81OlDF8cp8auPC3E9ti9_gq3PhkuJ-2tjdlhz352rHbnOFMir57N0iFXDV8_wQRVte8OFCBQRxiRvJ_8SxRNAeenMOxVKo1JGzbYg9s26SSqCfbUfAYOggfyQTKJ8B9qAZe0Vak=
A bit more life, some more fire damage and more armour.

Gear
Spoiler

The essential gear items are Oro's Sacrifice and Gang's Momentum. Together, they add 26% ignite chance, plus the 25% ignite chance from the tree gives a base ignite chance of 51%. Chance to Ignite gem adds up to 44% chance as well, for a total of 95% chance to ignite. This means getting frenzy charges virtually every hit, an almost-constant 15% increased damage to enemies, and culling strike against virtually all enemies.
I have been leveling with Hrimnor's Resolve, though I intend to upgrade to
-- Devoto's reduced physical damage has absolutely no effect, while its increased attack speed and movement speed greatly help (especially if kiting is necessary). The added dexterity will free me from taking a dex node in my passive tree, and it offers much more armour and evasion than Hrimnor's.
Fire Doryani's is excellent because it increases fire damage while providing armour and resists. The flask bonus increases ignite chance to 100%. Fire leech, while nice, is less effective than other builds because hits are not the source of most damage.
Amulets, gloves, and rings should fill out resists and provide life -- other useful attributes are elemental damage with weapons, fire damage, increased armour, and mana regeneration.
Currently, my body armour is by far the weakest part of the build, and is only included because it provides 6 sockets and 4 links. It offers almost no useful statistics in any meaningful amount. I think an ideal upgrade would be a Belly of the Beast.

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal -- Helped Oak (40 life)
Cruel -- Helped Kraityn (8% aspd)
Merciless -- Kill all (passive point)
I almost always help Oak in normal unless I'm going a CI or ES build. As for cruel, Oak's physical damage and Alira's cast speed are completely worthless, while I found that my slow attack speed at the time (0.80 sec per attack) was very frustrating, so I helped Kraityn -- since I take very little help from the passive tree. In Merciless you can either help Kraityn for the frenzy charge or kill all. I saw no need for the extra frenzy point since, at 95% ignite chance, I will be gaining one frenzy charge per hit but also expending one per hit -- like the famous Romira's Banquet Cold Snap combo.

Gem Setup
Spoiler
Weapon or Chest
Flicker Strike (level 6) - Weapon Elemental Damage - Chance to Ignite - Elemental Proliferation - Mana Leech - Multistrike/Fire Penetration/??? (BBGGRR links)
Chance to ignite and proliferation are essential. Weapon Elemental Damage adds a great deal of damage, and is really the only viable option because Added Fire Damage scales off physical damage. Mana Leech might be the best way to solve this build's mana problems, though I haven't had an opportunity to use it yet. The last slot is much more flexible -- multistrike will allow even more AOE but reduces the damage per hit, while fire penetration will ensure that more damage of the initial hit lands. Neither of these final gems is ideal, as the ignite and proliferation is the main damage source. Flicker Strike should be leveled no higher than 6 because the increased physical damage doesn't benefit this build at all, and it costs more at higher levels.
Vitality/Determination - Purity of Fire - Reduced Mana - Flammability (RRRB links)
Purity of Fire is essential to mitigate the increased fire damage you take, and reserves ~29% of mana with a Reduced Mana gem. Determination does the same for the increased physical damage, but 60% reserved, or ~43% with reduced mana, is very high. Vitality can work as a cheaper secondary aura, though it's riskier since it mitigates damage AFTER it's taken, and then only gradually. Flammability is a great curse for this build since it increases ignite chance to 100% and reduces some of enemy fire resist. Having it cost less is nice, and there isn't really any Curse on Hit potential with this build.
Searing Bond - Increased Burning Damage (RR link)
Searing Bond is a nice added source of extra damage, as it benefits from everything we focus on in this build! This is the more reliable single-target damage source and can also be cast while backing away from mob groups to make them die faster, and also to draw aggro.
CWDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Molten Shell (RRRR links)
In my opinion, the gold standard of defensive spells. Many builds suggest, and I recommend, keeping CWDT at level 1 and only the other spells up to that point. This setup is very important and will greatly improve your survival.
Vengeance - whatever you want to link it with.
Vengeance, unlike Flicker Strike, should be leveled up as much as possible since it scales with all base damage.

Anyway, if anyone stuck through all this, I really appreciate you looking over it! And if anyone has suggestions, that'd be appreciated.
Last edited by daywalkernc on Dec 25, 2014, 2:18:49 AM
If you post a link of your tree (cell friendly)

Currently I slao ran an Oro flicker "bitch" could be run from templar asnwell, going life.
Currently lv 82, pretty fun to play.

I dont use the gem chance tonignite, have EB and AA and can run most of the 75 76 map pool..merveil still a little scary ;)
Currently with the Doryani's fire it get to 102% ignitr chnace without cursing with Oros

Dps arent that bad:
Flicker around 5 to 7k fire per hit and vengeance like 7 to k per hit. Mklten shel 6 to 8k every tiny fire hit will be proliferate in a hudge damage burn prolif

For niw im hesitating between going EE/ duL curses
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info