[LLD Feedback] A rant from a Facebreaker LLD guy

Hi guys, just wanted to know if there is something I can win against as Facebreaker.
Did ok the first day before everybody went either puncture/tornado, flicker+multistrike/whirling or lamer bear trap builds.
90% of people above rank 200 have these specs, the difference between ranks is the number of exalts used to buy the gear.

Whirling is not nerfed enough, bows should be nerfed, we need more gap closers for unarmed (switching to weaps to flicker/whirling as a gap closer is shit since you get rekt before you switch back to unarmed), permatrapping should be nerfed too imo. Whirling is driving me crazy even post nerf, these guys just straight walk on traps and don't give a fuck

Laming on LLD makes me mad, people just waiting for you to hit their bear traps then to spam their shit or other traps, every game is a trap game atm, and nobody wants to play it (boring as heck).

TLDR : Puncture, flicker/whirling, trap builds outclass everything out there (except for a very skilled player which I am not), and LLD is all about gear.

Maybe the solution is to have gear restrictions or a selection of predefined gear, dunno...

PS : Or maybe I am just bad and I'm just QQing because I can't win anymore as Facebreaker
Last edited by Tenkailol on Dec 22, 2014, 11:32:37 AM
Well if you cannot make Facebreaker viable maybe its not viable and you should look for a better build. But dont cry in the forum that your build sucks in the meta. You have to adjust to the meta, not the other way around.
"
Tenkailol wrote:

Maybe the solution is to have gear restrictions or a selection of predefined gear, dunno...

Whoaaaa there buddy.... don't let some of these guys here catch you making sensible suggestions. They didn't spend years accumulating gear to roflstomp everyone just to have you waltz in here talking about things that would improve the system.
Well I find sad that this so-called "metagame" is based on laming around with goddamn traps waiting for foes to get stuck on it. So yeah, maybe Facebreaker isn't viable and I should go full retard flicker+multistrike geofri

"
boof wrote:
Whoaaaa there buddy.... don't let some of these guys here catch you making sensible suggestions. They didn't spend years accumulating gear to roflstomp everyone just to have you waltz in here talking about things that would improve the system.

Yeah, and actually I have pretty expensive gear including 980% Facebreakers n stuff but well I am willing to abandon this for a better balance
Or you can use arc to destroy traps, play with strategy and dont rush in, put some weapon in swap to use leap slam/flicker strike as a gap closer etc.

Ive played vs a fb character in HC league and he was doing 800-1000 dmg per shield charge (in close/melee range). So fb might not be top tier stuff, but its definately very viable (both pve and llpvp)
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Or you can use arc to destroy traps, play with strategy and dont rush in, put some weapon in swap to use leap slam/flicker strike as a gap closer etc.

Actually that's exactly what I'm doing, but I get rekt before I switch back to unarmed, dunno why. Anyway I think I'm just bad and bored about playing the trap game.
well you picked facebreaker. Trap game is all you get. Trap them and shield charge. Trap them and approach and punch yada yada yada.

If you don't like relying on traps to land your slow punches, and also being completely fucked by traps then I suggest trying another build. :/
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
well you picked facebreaker. Trap game is all you get. Trap them and shield charge. Trap them and approach and punch yada yada yada.

Yeah, I'll try to play with more patience.
Reckoning+Riposte+Vengeance + Resolute technique, please tell me that isnt a really cheap shot counter against all melee builds?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info