Ultimate Haku Hideout - Time lapse video of entire build

Hello fellow Wraeclastians !

So, my Tora Hideout got a lot of views and a lot of positive responses from people, but I think the guys at GGG were sick and tired of looking at all the Lush Hideouts so I wasn't considered.

At least that's my opinion :D

So, here I am with a whole new hideout that I'm really proud of. I created a quick 5 minute video highlighting areas of the Hideout as well as a simple story idea behind it. Basically an idea that inspired the layout.

After the 5 minutes, there's 15 minutes of 900% speed footage of the ENTIRE process. From scratch to finished. I thought the newbies would find it interesting to see a lot of the items, and maybe even some of the older players will be able to steal some of the ideas if they like them.

Here's the link to the video http://youtu.be/KgyvAY2FOTE

I would love to make more POE videos, so if you liked it (hell, even if you didn't!) then please give it a thumbs up and subscribe to the channel. I will be doing more of other games as well, but my primary focus will be POE because I love it so damn much !

-- edit

I've uploaded some screenshots to imgur, here they are.

http://imgur.com/a/VhFl3
Last edited by Spartalicious on Dec 19, 2014, 1:43:56 PM
Changed title to include the fact that there is a time lapse video of the entire build :D
Shameless bump in the hope of getting a GGG staffer to notice it :D
Nice hideout, really well done. The video is interesting to watch, too.
I love how you made a little background story for everything.
Feeling inspired. Time to buy some decorations!
"
Shameless bump in the hope of getting a GGG staffer to notice it :D

I'm sorry but thats just poor, because of that and your excessive optimism i will tell you my opinion on your hideout, it looks boring and complete without a good/well thought out design idea.

It's clutterd and overfilled with redundant effects, not good placements in regards for fall off and boring overall landscape without a clear direction.

On top of that you wanted to shine out with your "time lapse video", which is horrible to watch because of that awful dumbstep child music.

I'm only answering here because you provocated me with your "shameless bump,ggg staff to notice" post.

At least you had fun while creating that "masterpiece".
=Licht ist Leben=
Hello, Spartlicious.

Thank you for sharing your hideout! For whatever it's worth, here are my thoughts.

• The time lapse video is a really great idea.
  • I had to smile at the forest flowers. I had to add greenery to my own Haku hideout because otherwise everything was sand.
  • The music volume during the time lapse could have been softer.
  • I loved the little bit at 3:20, where it looks like your map portals are dancing to the beat of the music. Awesome.
  • I liked hearing your description and backstory.
  • The glowing embers over everything was a bit much for me...although I like them in limited quantities.
  • I like that you kept paths between areas wide enough to get around in. It's impressive to me that with the amount of stuff you have in there, it doesn't seem especially cramped.
  • Nice framing of Catarina with the smaller rocks directly behind her so you can still see the ocean.

Anyway, thanks for giving us a look at your hideout. Take care.

Thanks for all the comments guys ! Much appreciated, even Hruthgard's :D

Using expressions like "because of that and your excessive optimism" and "because you provocated me" usually means you're a tonne of fun at parties.

I did debate the dubstep thing quite a bit. It's not a track I listen to, because I had to use 100% free music in the track. I was considering something along the lines of Paganini but thought that would be too pompous. The dubstep was the right tempo for the movie I thought and I wanted to avoid coming across like a pompous ass.

On another note, "provocated" is not a real word. "provocate" is, but even that would probably not be the correct word to use because it implies that I did not anger you in anyway. Judging by the language used it looks like I did, so the present tense word would be "provoke" and the past perfect tense you should have used would be "provoked".

I am only answering to your reply because you provoked me with your inept use of grandiloquence :D

And yes, I loved building it. Thanks very much for the view !

Yes you are right my writing is not perfect, english is not my native language and i was in a hurry.
As long as you have fun with creating hideouts it's fine but never imply your established view for your own creation to other peoples open minds and than act like they can't tell you there own opinion about that "selfish" posting.

I don't liked how you tried to get more viewers and the attraction of the easy to manipulate crowd around here so i had to put a stop to this. There are plenty of other, way more polished and creative, hideouts in this forum who don't get any attention because they don't bait with videos/music/bumping up messages as you did.
Even if you're not aware of what i'm talking about, now you have a clue.

I don't asnwer to that here any more, we can discuss that in PM from now.
=Licht ist Leben=
I think it's quite insulting that you refer to the players of POE as "easy to manipulate crowd around here" and I think we deserve more credit than that.

It shouldn't been seen in a negative light that I spent the time to make a video out of it as well. It's not like I magically click a button and it all gets done. It took 500gb of recording space, a couple hours to edit, a couple hours for the PC to produce and with my terrible South African internet it took almost 12 hours to upload.

It's fine for you to say my hideout looks boring, everyone is welcome to their opinion. And the only reason this hideout has changed from my previous one is because I took the constructive criticism in to account. If you look at Lethargo's post (and other posts and comments from other sources) it will help me make a better hideout and a better video. Which I really appreciate. My previous hideout was incredibly crammed, and had mixed reaction from it.

Don't get me wrong, I also love the positive feedback from people :D But the constructive criticism is what helps me make the videos better and are therefore more useful to me and hopefully to the community at large who want to start doing this sort of thing as well.

I have no interest in PM'ing you. I don't want to sound rude, but you really don't come across as being terribly fun and I am here to enjoy the game. If you want to refer to your fellow players as "easy to manipulate" I would prefer you to do it publicly for all to see ;)

But thanks for the replies, it's helping me keep this post bumped without spamming "Bump" ! Ha ha ha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info