Physical to Lightning

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Mar 26, 2016, 7:31:01 PM
Currently L24 Templar using Static Strike with Weapon Elemental Damage and Physical to Lighting supports. Using 2H Axe. Cursing with Conductivity.

The Phys to Lightning + Static Strike combo should convert all of my physical to lightning, so I'm focusing on reducing enemy resistances via Conductivity and Celestial Judgement notable.

I've picked up the AOE passives in the Templar area as well as Elementalist for the 5% chance to shock, so I'm feeling quite strong both single target and AOE. Working toward the "Illuminati Triangle" to pick up Celestial Punishment and Celestial Judgement notables, which will get me to 10% shock and a big damage boost overall (25% increased dmg vs. shocked, 2% lightning pen, additional lighting/elemental dmg).

From there I will move down to pick up Resolute Technique. Then tap into the axe wheels. I plan to 4 link with Multistrike as soon as possible.
Last edited by Namjai on Dec 15, 2014, 2:41:10 AM
Very good support. Now there's way to convert from physical to each element.
Fire: Avatar of Fire/ Added Fire
Cold: Hrimsorrow
Lightning: Physical to Lightning

Imho it's a pretty good idea to combine these and pick up as many elemental damage/WED nodes (templar ideal) as convenient.

This gem works wonders with Shockwave Totem and I bet it's nice with Ethereal Knives as well.
"
NorbTheOne wrote:
Very good support. Now there's way to convert from physical to each element.
Fire: Avatar of Fire/ Added Fire
Cold: Hrimsorrow
Lightning: Physical to Lightning

Imho it's a pretty good idea to combine these and pick up as many elemental damage/WED nodes (templar ideal) as convenient.

This gem works wonders with Shockwave Totem and I bet it's nice with Ethereal Knives as well.

Added fire does not convert dmg
This looks like a good way to work some Shock into various builds that wouldn't naturally do much lightning damage. If you're already running a 50% elemental conversion skill, there's obvious synergy, the one downside being that you lose out on physical leech.
Don't know where ask so i ask here

I try do build based on cold and lightning (phys to light, hrimsorrow, hatred, wrath, herald of ice and thunder) be melee (1h+shield) and using reave or cleave.
It will be better for me take elemental and physical nodes or just pure elemental?
You don't Convert 100% of your Physical Damage to Elemental which favours Physical nodes, but Wrath and the Heralds are flat Elemental Damage, sooo... probably Elemental.
I have a question, and I hope someone who understands conversion mechanics better than me can help answer.

I use lightning arrow linked to physical to lighting. so 100% of my physical base damage is converted to lighting (after physical modifiers i think). here's my question: since 100% of my physical damage is already converted, do i not benefit from the "gain XX% of physical damage as extra lightning damage" mod from physical to lightning? or is that calculated "before" the conversion? or if i decided to run the hatred aura or the added fire support gem, would those do XX% of the physical damage after conversion? or before conversion? thanks to anyone who comments!
Damage Based On is calculated before Conversion is handled. It'd be a bit of a shite bonus if it didn't even work at full strength :P
Similarly, despite Converting all your Physical Damage to Lightning, you still benefit from Increased Physical Damage just fine.
thanks viper, so i'm safe to use hatred/ming's/added fire and so on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info