[1.3] Facebreaker help - how to optimize my tree?

Please read to get an idea of what I'm trying to achieve and give me some feedback please.

Items I plan on using:

Phys mitigation by self-cast Immortal call+incr. duration+ehnance = ~20 sec.
Ele mitigation by high elemental res (80/79/79) and high spell block:
- 45-52% with saffels
- 60-72% saffels + rumi's concoction
- 75% with saffels and Stone of Lazhwar (safe enought to do reflect maps?)

Attack with:
Infernal Blow + Melee Splash + Multistrike + Added Fire/Bloodmagic
- OR -
Cyclone + Conc. effect + incr. AoE/Added Fire/LGoH + Blood Magic

Auras: Hatred + Herald of Ash + Herald of Ice

Please check my passives tree and tell me if you have any suggestions!
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by skyflash88 on Dec 9, 2014, 5:43:35 AM
reserve
You've missed the 2% block chance node above Solitidy ... other than that .. it looks ok to me

Tho personally i'm probably going to use this one:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAmSsV7LkdhNnKkL2BvTZHfr6nZU3Bgi_MtooFLXrvdO2E72LsYEsn1cC_QKBeE6yvDPeplTJOG5cVICzpytMZtKQ50IFH4iLiCTPRNm6qSsg_JypN2L01krXy_o9TpQxfHKfGrrc-_grvDlBH5FFnm64-d-M8LT38jM_2SF8_FCDEWFhjGj7p1Xk5fuJ82fcycqnE9s9-dqzqGPuqBjkkiz0PUWDzBmjyr2xM_wSzogDwH-98n9_AZsAaWfOsqicvkFUaOGTnFy_60mae42oWbzbpJKr-VA3NK1AczuIs

More life, more block, more life regen, more shield defenses ( since you are using only saffel .. that doesn't matter), same damage, no Unwavering stance which actually is a waste because with high enough life pool you don't get stunned at all and without it you can actually benefit from your evasion rating, chaos resist, and the ability to run 2x60% aruars + HoA.
The downside is the lack of increased duration ... but you can sacrifice some life /life regen to get them .
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 9, 2014, 6:27:08 AM
Spellblock doesn't affect Infernal Blow, so Stone of Lazhwar has nothing to do with your survivability in Reflect maps.

The % inc shield defense nodes are useless to you, since Saffell's has ignorable base stats. Try pathing through the shield damage nodes instead.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR0V7ITZypBHfr02vqdlTS_MYuzBgnTthO967wUtYEteE8C_QKAyTgz3qZWsrxLhourvToZgYVKG0TboAecUTfxLGJG8n6cwn8vPMlltX5huqrXy2L01krc-_goD7jOHHb48Lcau_lQNzStQHM49D8T2Bjkki_uq8wYt0jrYfLufPicv7DiQVRo4aPKiAPAfBLPAZu98n9982fcycqmtjc9-dqzqGFcN2WGRzrvt0iGCB_JBXz-eze8OFCDkUVBHeTnp1VFg6UaK8LaKBIePmX7iGj4xnqZXTeP-j4Kbmjs8BQ==

Last edited by Languidness on Dec 9, 2014, 6:24:48 AM
And yes IB reflected explosions can't be evaded .. and to be honest loosing huge amounts of damage due to not having flat physical damage on your amulet is not a good deal at all.

And another thing is that wearing saffel 100% of the time is not really the best option in my opinion. The thing is that spell damage is dangerous on very rare occasions like some boss fights, while melee and range attacks pose a lot more thread so sacrificing the ability to block them is not the best way to do it in my opinion .. even with huge IC duration ... not to mention that attacks deal can elemental damage as well, not just physical.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 9, 2014, 6:32:10 AM
Thanks a lot for the reviews!
I completely forgot that explosion from infernal blow can't be blocked (that's the reason I wanted to use saffel's in the first place). I've already played a Facebreaker build back in Domination (thx to Korghoth for that!) and I wanted to play faceberaker a bit differentty, so I tought that 20sec IC + safflel's would add survivability. I guess I'm back to finding a main build for 1.3 now and waiting for the new unarmed skill gem to roll a facebreaker build.
thx again!
Too bad that we probably won't see a new unarmed skill gem in 1.3 ( based on Rory's words ) :(
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 9, 2014, 7:10:58 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Too bad that we probably won't see a new unarmed skill gem in 1.3 ( based on Rory's words ) :(

No patch-notes yet - there's still hope ;)
That is true of course ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info