Questions About Orbs and Orb Values for trading

What is the value of orbs?
more specifically:
Which are valued
and in what order are they valued?
what is the most valuable/rare?
what is the least valuable/rare?

seems that most of the trade economy ( which i am just getting into) is based off trading orbs

post up thx ^ ^

the more in depth and thorough the explanation the better for me!

thx for helping this noob become 1 step farther from being a noob! =]
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Aha. This is why this game is going to be successful; everything is worth whatever two players can agree upon being the correct price.

Character wipe soon though, so it's all WORTHLESS! WORTHLESS!

If you add a Mirror to my characters, GGG, I won't notice because I haven't logged onto them. Waiting for 0.9.3. Would love to preload some of that. Go tangents.
IRON MAN
As soon as patch will be up all(or some) change. But
the most rare is Mirror
the most valueable is exalted orb
the less valuable/rare could be transmutation, armor shards, whetstones, augmention

order could be this: Mirror-exalted-chaoss-alchemy-regal/jewelers/scouring/transform-others

also very rare is gem quality upgrade

anyway all depends on individual needs in time
and this is just my opinion
Grim_Reaper lvl 67 RIP
Ignoring the mirror (which is in a class of itself), usually exalted holds the highest value, then chaos/alchemy/regal which are considered equal to each other. GQU is a special case, its value fluctuates... sometimes its worth 1 exalted, sometimes its worth half an exalted...

Of the lesses orbs, transformation are the most sought after. The rest of the orbs are situational.
Closed beta player, August 2011
Varies but these are current values. Mirror not included because even if someone has it, he won't sell it. It can happen but I doubt you will be the one that buys it since it is "priceless". Anyway...

1. Exalted Orb - You can pretty much get lot of things for this. From great items to high quality skills to 2 GQUs.

2. Gem Quality Upgrade - Also rare and people will often ask you to trade GQU for something you want.

3. Chaos Sphere/Orb of Alchemy share this spot (3-4 for Exalted or GQU).

With Chaos Sphere and Alchemy you can usually buy 5-12% skills among other things.

4. Regal Orb - this can vary because Regal is weird.

While it is also rare, Regal Orb is used much less than Chaos Sphere and Orb of Alchemy. So, since people use it for their "uber" blues, situation can get desperate if they don't have it and then you can get good stuff for it. But very rare seen "WTB Regal".

5. Scouring Orb/Orb of Transformation/Jewelers Orb

Scouring is most valuable of these. Transformation close behind and then Jewelers. But they are very very close so they all share number 5 but Scouring is most valuable of them because it has stone dead effect. Transformation and Jewlers are gambles. Scouring always does the same thing.
Also, Jewelers Orb is gone next patch and will be replaced by new ones for socket management and I am betting their value will be higher and even may par with Regals. All depends what they actually do. If you are able to add socket of your color choosing for example.

6. Flask Quality Upgrade

FQU is li-la. Not traded often. Most often in bulk. You can get 10-20 for certain amount of Scouring or Transformation usually.

7. Whitestone/Armour Shard

You won't hear many WTB this because people can farm them relatively quickly.

8. Orb of Transmutation/Orb of Augmentation

I never seen WTB this. But can happen. Almost worthless.

That should be it. There is always deviation. It all depends how desperate you are for something. Sometimes you will get more than the currency's actual value. But aside from 7 and 8, everything has a buyer. Maybe even 7 and 8 but rare.

EDIT: Added Jewelers Orb and fixed mistake with Transformation Orb. Also added some text.
Last edited by argie on Oct 26, 2011, 10:34:55 AM
Just edit point 5, it should be Orb of transformation, not transmutation , that is referred to in point 7.
where is jeweller ?... Totally free ? Lol
Allright. Mistaken the Transmutation and forgot to add Jeweler.

But mostly forgot Jewelers because it is gone next patch.

Fixed.
Can this get updated? I have been wondering myself.
Looking for a clan/guild? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1889102

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/rh8FXgt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info