Hatred + incr. buff / aura nodes...

If my lvl. 16 Hatred is adding 34% Cold Damage...

And I have a total of 48% increased effect of buff/aura nodes (Inner Force, Sovereignty, etc)

Is my Hatred now outputting 34% x 1.48 = 50% Phys Damage added as cold?

So the more I buff my physical nodes, I am not just getting that extra damage as Phys, but the 50% that is being added by Hatred is now being added from a much bigger number as well? That sounds very worthwhile...double dipping kinda...

Am I also correct in assuming that the 50% cold damage being added by Hatred will receive a good boost from Elemental damage nodes directly, since even more damage is being added as cold now, 50% vs. 34%?

I have probably repeated some questions, or parts of them, from other threads. Just trying to be really judicious with how I map my tree out haha. Those "increased effect of buff/aura" seem really good for Hatred/Determination if you are going to get enough %% to be worthwhile.
Yes on all counts.

Do keep in mind that increased elemental damage will increase the additional cold damage additively with other applicaple increasses such as increased physcial damage.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Most is right but i think you are confused on the +%ele damage. The hatred conversion is done from your base damage. It is then increased by all the +%phys nodes and +%ele nodes. They both carry the same weight as increased modifiers and are added together. If you were to slot the WED support gem this would introduce a new multiplicative modifier on just the cold.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Most is right but i think you are confused on the +%ele damage. The hatred conversion is done from your base damage. It is then increased by all the +%phys nodes and +%ele nodes. They both carry the same weight as increased modifiers and are added together. If you were to slot the WED support gem this would introduce a new multiplicative modifier on just the cold.

Sweet. WED was planned for the lineup and is now definitely being slotted in.

I have learned a lot today about how phys/elem nodes seem to work together whether you think they would or not, ultimately leading to increasing the phys nodes being the way to go (it sounds like) unless you have a very specific reason to buff elemental, like elemental damage on a weapon or if you have 100% conversion perhaps.

That was hard for me to get my head around after believing you took either phys nodes or elem nodes depending on which part you wanted to increase...when it was revealed to me that the PoE math basically treated phys nodes the same as elemental nodes in terms of buffing the damage (to Glacial hammer, 50% phys to cold for example) it kind of blew my mind.

Also made a lot more sense of so many posts seen over time of "Just buff phys" :P

Thanks, dudes!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info