Kripp's Latest Templar Build ?

Any ideas on Kripps new build ?

I hear its some sort of dual totem type build ..
I know it fairly well. It goes as followed. For the most part.

A Rough Mockup of his Passive skill tree:

ShockWave Totem Information:

Spoiler

Gem Layout

Shockwave - Concentrated Effect - Increased Radius - Reduced Mana - Added Fire

(I may be wrong about reduced mana, but I recall him complaining about the 500 mana cost.)

He is using Magnate Unique Belt:

25% Increased Physical Damage
+40-50 to Strength
50% increased Flask Charges gained

Shock wave Deals Physical Damage AKA 25% more Shockwave Damage.

He is using Blackgleam unique Quiver:

10% Increased Attack Speed
+20 to Evasion Rating
+10-30 to Maximum Mana
30-50% of Physical Damage converted to Fire Damage

AKA Shockwave Deals 50% Fire damage which is then multiplied by his fire and elemental passive nodes.

He is also using the Fire damage conversion gem on the shockwave totem, so the damage should be roughly 90-100% Fire damage.

Theory Crafting

With his Passive tree he does

102% Fire and 41% Elemental, meaning the fire damage is increased by 143% Fire damage Then add... 20% AOE increased damage.

You're looking at about 163% Fire & Aoe damage, this of course is also increased by the Conc effect and the extra physical damage of the belt, which is applied much more early on.

Bow Remote Mine Portion

Spoiler

For this he is using Remote mine with explosive arrow in a +2 bow gem bow.

Gem layout

Explosive Arrow - Remote Mine - Concentrated Effect - Increased Radius - Greater Multiple Projectiles

(It might be LMP instead of GMP, but we will see.)

He is using Astramentis unique Amy:

+90-100 to all Attributes
-4 Physical Damage Taken from Attacks

This is for the stats, because his build is lacking Dex for the bow he wants.

He is going to try and get a +2 Bow gem Bow

This is because past level 20 gems tend to get rather outrageous for damage, and explosive arrow scales mostly with the level of the gem.

Explosive Arrow Theory Crafting

NOTE: I did not calculate the damage correctly using GMP. GMP Reduces the explosive dmg of the arrow by 50% As well. So the extra aoe damage is countered.

Remote mine is about 60% more damage.
Fire and elemental and AOE is about 161% Damage
Conc Effect is 66% Damage
You can place 5 mines down at a time.
GMP is 5 Arrows (But lets think about single target dps)

Explosive arrow lvl 22 does about 990 (Estimated) low end damage, up to nearly 1485 top end

If to multiply that out...

(990 + (60% + 66% + 161%))*5
^ This is for the 5 remote mines

3831.3 * 5 = 19156.5 damage

20k dmg low end single target dps, however that takes about 3 seconds to plant and detonate, so...

20/3 = 6385.5 dps MINIMUM to a single target.

ALSO NOTE: Quality Explosive arrow has 20% Chance to ignite with 20Q

Lets consider a ignite. Ignite does NOT stack, it takes the highest value and uses that.

Ignite damage is 1/3 of the damage that was taken.

If we look at our old value, 3831.3 before the x5 from the mines..

3831.3 / 3 = 1277.1 damage over 4 seconds. 319 dmg/sec

NOTE: this is a lot less damage then Krip was talking about. He stated that it would do 160k dmg with a full volley and burning.

However this might be true for a FULL screen of mobs, because each mob might get hit 4 times by all of the adjacent explosive arrows.

Last edited by Clue on Feb 6, 2013, 4:35:02 PM
whoa he is basically playing my trapper then, awesome!
he just got a new watcher
Updated my post to reflect a better idea of what he was attempting to achive.

The build is still solid, just no 160k dps on a boss.. Maybe aoe damage, but not for single boss monsters.
the build can actually be altered quite nicely

you pick up a searing touch, socket 2 fire traps in it and hook up the shockwave to added fire damage + area of effect + stun + added lighting damage.
The Fire trap + searing touch should easily reach the damage of the explosive arrow and the extra spell damage + fire damage + burn might make up for the missing blackgleam

passive are something like this:

Fire Traps don't need much other than the extra levels from the staff and they already rock.
The Shockwave also shouldn't be hard to link up as only a 4L is needed, and with the discovery of his recent stunlock you could get mass stuns to work with the shockwave totems if you pick up some reduced stun threshhold on your gear. Maybe no perma stuns, but we'll see

Currentliy changing my build towards that to see how well it works, if it goes wrong I'll give an update xD
Last edited by ragbasti on Feb 7, 2013, 1:11:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info