Does shock bonus apply to first hit?

Lets say you crit a monster for 1000 lightning damage.
Does that mean that it will deal 1000 damage and apply a shock stack?
Or would it apply a shock stack first and deal 1500 damage afterward?
Thanks in advance.
The shock is applied after the damage, because the duration of the shock is based on damage dealt.
"
Agashi wrote:
The shock is applied after the damage, because the duration of the shock is based on damage dealt.

not true
watch a vaalfight with fairgraves and without
the beam always shocks so the hit is shock+dps

with fairgraves its just dps

test it for yourself
thats why vaal and piety are trivial in any difficulty with fairgraves
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
ventiman wrote:
"
Agashi wrote:

not true
watch a vaalfight with fairgraves and without
the beam always shocks so the hit is shock+dps

with fairgraves its just dps

test it for yourself
thats why vaal and piety are trivial in any difficulty with fairgraves

wtf you are talking about? what was the topic?

shock is based on how much lightning damage was dealt. Which means it has to be applied after the damage, because before the damage it does not know if the damage is enough for shock to even apply
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Sep 4, 2014, 6:27:59 AM
i know the mechanics for shock i just said in a vaalfight it seems that the first blow includes the shock in case of vaal its a 100% shock

you barely get any dmg with a fairgraves without it you get hit really hard so one can assume that the first blow includes the shock

test it
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Sep 4, 2014, 6:49:14 AM
dont know the exact vaal mechanics, but testing would be very difficult, because lightning damage has very wide range
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
dont know the exact vaal mechanics, but testing would be very difficult, because lightning damage has very wide range

... and even if it's an exception to the rule (which I strongly doubt) it does nothing for us... unless they give us Vaal laser to play with in the next patch.

Additional effects are applied after the damage as a rule, there are exceptions but shock is not one of them.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 4, 2014, 7:30:48 AM
"
ventiman wrote:
i know the mechanics for shock i just said in a vaalfight it seems that the first blow includes the shock in case of vaal its a 100% shock

Odd. I always got the impression that if you got hit twice by the laser, the second hit did a lot more damage (because you're shocked).
"
ventiman wrote:
you barely get any dmg with a fairgraves without it you get hit really hard

Gee, do ya think that might be because Fairgraves' Tricorne has lightning resistance?

Forget the unique. Go test it on Vaal. Get hit by the laser twice. The second shot is always more damage if you got hit by the first.
"
Agashi wrote:
Agashi is correct.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info