Barrage attacks slower than tooltip says

Hi there,

so I did some measurements with barrage. In my specific case the character panel says "3 attacks per second" (exactly 3), and my tooltip says "Attack Time 0.33" which matches that information when taking rounding into consideration.

The problem is, that in reality only ~2.2 barrages get fired per second. I found, that this effect gets amplified when shooting more projectiles (such as with the GMP support gem).

Would be cool to have a barrage which shoots at the same speed independent of how many projectiles are fired. Since this effect is documented nowhere people incorrectly assume, that adding more projectiles does not negatively impact their attackspeed with barrage.

IGN: Pirteloli
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Adding extra projectiles to barrage will make it take longer than your attack time, as each one takes time to fire.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Adding extra projectiles to barrage will make it take longer than your attack time, as each one takes time to fire.

Yes, that's what I observed. What I wanted to argue in my original post is, that Barrage itself is classified as an attack in which case it would be favorable if the term "attack time" would include the projectiles fired. Otherwise this is very misleading.

Another reason why I think "attack time" should include the time required to fire the projectiles, is that this time is also affected by attack speed. It would allow to see how much time you actually gain from increasing your attack speed.
Last edited by Tom94 on Aug 29, 2014, 4:54:09 AM
The reason that can't happen is that Barrage (like other attack skills) uses the attack time of the attack to know how long to take - the initial "windup" phase takes 40% (from memory, might be slightly wrong) of the attack time, and each projectile takes a set percentage of the attack time for itself.
Since Barrage's actual total time taken is necessarily a function of the attack time value, it's not possible to have it match in the lots of projectiles case.
Long term, we'd ideally be able to introduce a separate stat for barrage to show how long the full barrage will take, but for now the actual stat we have is the attack time stat of the skill, which the skill uses to time the animations.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 31, 2014, 11:29:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info