Questions about Text Interface

I have two questions that have always been confusing to me about the UI.

1. Why does it display MY guild tag in front of a player's name when I whisper him/her?

2. Why does it say "has left the party" when a player leaves my party, without displaying the player's name? This seems to happen only about 25% of the time.
"
TheMipchunk wrote:

1. Why does it display MY guild tag in front of a player's name when I whisper him/her?

2. Why does it say "has left the party" when a player leaves my party, without displaying the player's name? This seems to happen only about 25% of the time.

1. It's displaying the guild tag of the player who sent the message. Why this is included when you're the whisperer, I dunno.

2. This happens when the player left the party because they disconnected. Why, I dunno.
"
AllisonW wrote:
"
TheMipchunk wrote:

1. It's displaying the guild tag of the player who sent the message. Why this is included when you're the whisperer, I dunno.

2. This happens when the player left the party because they disconnected. Why, I dunno.

[Removed by Support]
#nohate
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Aug 12, 2014, 7:36:38 PM
"
AllisonW wrote:

This can't always be the reason...I've definitely seen people disconnect entirely, and it still displays their name when they leave my party.
"
TheMipchunk wrote:
"
AllisonW wrote:

This can't always be the reason...I've definitely seen people disconnect entirely, and it still displays their name when they leave my party.

If they're in your friends list or guild, it will still show their name. Otherwise, it will just say "has left the party."
IGN: RadiantSolaris
"
Arturion wrote:

If they're in your friends list or guild, it will still show their name. Otherwise, it will just say "has left the party."

Ah, ok. But then the question remains...why is it like this? It sounds like a bug stemming from an engine limitation. But the problem has been outstanding for two years...surely somebody else besides me must have noticed?

I still await an answer as to what is going on with the guild tags though. It's incredibly confusing...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info