Spots "Clever Name" Crit Arc build (97k tooltip, dual curse)

--DISCLAIMER--

This build is not meant to be taken as a serious progression build aimed to down uber atziri, or a build for beginners. The only defense this build has is killing everything in range of you before it can even register your existence. This can only be achieved via expensive gear. If you are looking to make an arc build on a budget I recommend you look at foxtactics build which has great defense to compliment a strong self casted arc.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/879637

But if you have a good chunk of currency you want to throw at something and are fond of arc and want to see its full offensive potential while forsaking any consistent defence, this is about as strong as I personally was able to get it. Mind you I'm only level 88 and still have a sizable amount of crit and cast speed nodes to pick up.

--END DISCLAIMER--

^ 9 power charges / 4 frenzy ^

^ Charges / righteous fire / atziri flask ^

Righteous fire is only sustainable on open maps that don't require you to navigate doorways, or make you backtrack often. I use a surgeons ruby flask for it, giving 96% fire res.

Gear
Spoiler

Tree (lvl 88)

Defense
Spoiler
With granite armor is at 8500

Offense
Spoiler

I originally played this build without any snapshotting, but after I decided I wanted to go dual curse I couldn't resist using the vertex for the enhance gem in a 4 link. This took away far too much resistance, so I had to snapshot purity of elements to maintain 86/84/86. You can run a bloodmagic gem instead of it and run haste/discipline on your health, with the 3 purities and clarity on mana.

Shrine Map (more to come)

Void battery ramp up can be irritating at times, I have 46% crit not including critical weakness. Combining that with a diamond flask, along with not stopping too long for loot, the stacks can be sustained quite easily.

What about reflect?!
If I am running vaal discipline, you can pop it along with a topaz I survive it easily. If I don't have vaal discipline I wait for my power charges to drop. If I'm running righteous fire, I pretend the reflect mob does not exist.

I only run 4.2k ES, the only problematic mobs for me are evangelists, and the quill explodey chicken things. Habitually popping an iron skin granite, along with the 1% leech from doryani's is enough to survive.

Thought I would share, mapping on this is hysterically fun.

I'm sure I missed a lot of things that I should mention about it, but any questions will be answered and added in.

Cheers
Last edited by Spotshot on Jul 27, 2014, 7:05:13 PM
OP in progress.
I terribly enjoy your ambition to run blood rage on Low Life in addition to Haste, not to mention RF as well :-).

I have some questions, though: 534 mana/s Arc mana drain vs 167 regen?

I have found that as the damage grows beyond about 20k dps, it becomes increasingly difficult to generate and sustain charges (even with a Diamond), due to you oneshotting groups instantly, and not even getting a charge out of it every time. I wonder how often do you really run with full 9 charges of damage.

I have also found that (although using Light Pen instead of Crit Dmg), the time it takes you to curse a monster is usually not worth the trade-off of your arc cast time. Similarly, Crit Dmg gem is becoming decreasingly effective as you acquire more crit multi from tree and gear. Wouldn't you find it better to use Light Pen instead, that gives you 35% penetration dmg bonus evenly? I am not sure if you curse all the enemies, or just golems/bosses, but switching to Light Pen should increase your clear speed a lot in case you do.

Blood Rage + RF means a LOT of degen. Does this basically become a case of warp as fast as you can to the next group, otherwise you will die in seconds :-)?

Lastly, do you find it better to go into the Body and Soul cluster for the bonus armor while using a granite, instead of the Void Barrier that would boost your Vertex gained evasion a lot? You probably do, I bet, hehe.

Anyway, have fun!

"
Cabesi wrote:
I terribly enjoy your ambition to run blood rage on Low Life in addition to Haste, not to mention RF as well :-).

I have some questions, though: 534 mana/s Arc mana drain vs 167 regen?

I have found that as the damage grows beyond about 20k dps, it becomes increasingly difficult to generate and sustain charges (even with a Diamond), due to you oneshotting groups instantly, and not even getting a charge out of it every time. I wonder how often do you really run with full 9 charges of damage.

I have also found that (although using Light Pen instead of Crit Dmg), the time it takes you to curse a monster is usually not worth the trade-off of your arc cast time. Similarly, Crit Dmg gem is becoming decreasingly effective as you acquire more crit multi from tree and gear. Wouldn't you find it better to use Light Pen instead, that gives you 35% penetration dmg bonus evenly? I am not sure if you curse all the enemies, or just golems/bosses, but switching to Light Pen should increase your clear speed a lot in case you do.

Blood Rage + RF means a LOT of degen. Does this basically become a case of warp as fast as you can to the next group, otherwise you will die in seconds :-)?

Lastly, do you find it better to go into the Body and Soul cluster for the bonus armor while using a granite, instead of the Void Barrier that would boost your Vertex gained evasion a lot? You probably do, I bet, hehe.

Anyway, have fun!

Ah yes, the resident condescending similar-build keyboardist.

My current 6 link is sustainable. I've added a video to show the play style.

Charges are maintained throughout it, dropping them only twice during the backtrack portion of shrine to clean up the main area.

Crit damage is a 30% damage increase for me, I'd take a 5% cut for the 130% multiplier instead of the 150%. Mana regen is limited without a mirrored ammy or a shield. If I run a curse immune map I would replace faster casting, not crit damage.

Faster casting with both curses makes applying them virtually instant, as opposed to spamming ice spear. I wouldn't use them on a white pack of skeletons, but anything with a decent chunk of health.

I made it clear that righteous fire was usable only under certain circumstances. The left over leech from one pack, along with a ruby is enough to comfortably get through a gorge/plateau or any open map. By that I mean its not a cake walk, you have to be moving very, very fast. If worse comes to worst you just take blood rage off and let righteous fire expire.

"
You probably do, I bet, hehe.

Was worth the laugh.

Two extra dex nodes to get to the eva cluster. Granite has near 100% uptime. I'd prefer to not lean only towards evasion and get regularly one shot by mobs. But preference isn't part of your vocabulary, is it? Just what you think is best on paper, and you'll sure let other people know it.

Such credibility, much knowledge, wow.

Edit: I just read your thread and it all makes sense now.
Last edited by Spotshot on Jul 27, 2014, 8:55:03 PM
I find it slightly amusing that even though I express an admiration for someone doing even more extreme version of, what I considered already extreme, build I am following, and am genuinely curious about how you handle some things, in your mind, it can only mean I am being condescending. What a terrible world to live in. US?
Not sure if backpedaling, or selective memory.
Last edited by Spotshot on Jul 28, 2014, 12:45:14 AM
As indicated by OP, this build is a good bench on how much dps you can reach with Arc, but it's badly balanced with survability... No shield, low ES, no Armor, you rely only on flask for everything.
Not sure it was worth to mention RF when the build can't sustain it safely.
it should be really a pain agaist reflect, especially in min max maps or double reflect situations....

IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 28, 2014, 7:44:07 AM
Out of curiosity, what would your DPS vs defense look like if you were using a 500ES crit shield rather than another void battery?
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
"
Malone wrote:
As indicated by OP, this build is a good bench on how much dps you can reach with Arc, but it's badly balanced with survability... No shield, low ES, no Armor, you rely only on flask for everything.
Not sure it was worth to mention RF when the build can't sustain it safely.
it should be really a pain agaist reflect, especially in min max maps or double reflect situations....

Reflect is nigh impossible on -max maps, but if you look at the shrine map video I posted I dps through two reflect packs without a hitch with topaz up, also taking a lot of devourer melees (granted I almost died).

The mention to RF isn't intended to be a staple build component (thats why I didn't put 200k in the title), it's just something extra to run for the lulz if you are confident in it, I can upload a video of me using it in the future.

Much of you said is correct, but thats the playstyle of the build, kill it before it kills you.
Last edited by Spotshot on Jul 28, 2014, 2:14:14 PM
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
Out of curiosity, what would your DPS vs defense look like if you were using a 500ES crit shield rather than another void battery?

To be honest I haven't got a shield like that to equip to see what stats are like. If you used a good 100%crit/500es/regen shield along with the shield nodes northwest of templar you would maintain some damage while being more comfortable defense wise for sure. I for one didn't have the currency to get a mirrored shield with those properties.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info