Incinerate EB/MoM/AA high block by Rhydm

Hello, this is my first build description/guide post, so I apologize for any noobishness. The purpose of this thread is to provide some idea of how the build works and to ask questions my noob ass doesn't know the answers to. Constructive critique is appreciated in the comments below.

Intro:

This build uses Incinerate as it's main damage skill with the aid of Infernal Mantle. For defensive purposes I use Eldritch Battery (EB) to get a large mana pool and regen so I can support Arctic Armour (AA) and Mind over Matter (MoM) and Tempest Shield with high block & spell block chance. The build is used in standard league.

The Breakdown:

1 Pros/cons
2 Stats
3 Current skill tree
4 Current gear
5 Skill gems and links
6 Flasks
7 Game play
8 Wonders

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Pros:

-solid defence (up to 79% all resists, 65% block, 75% spell block)
-high shotgun dps
-reflect immunity (AA and high resists make you completely immune even to 2x reflect)
-high mobility
-stun & freeze immunity
-affordable

Cons:

-lower damage at the edge of the range of Incinerate where you only hit with 1-2 streams
-moving resets Incinerates stages
-needs a bit to get to the 3rd stage each time you start using Incinerate
-no evasion
-almost no armour

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Stats:

Max HP: 3442
Damage absorbed by MoM: 1032
Total Life + MoM pool: 4474
Max Mana: 3035
Mana reserved: 987
Mana remaining: 2048
Low Mana threshold: 1062
Mana for MoM: 986 (before I take 100% increased spell damage)
Armour: 673 - 6% damage reduction (side effect of easier socket colouring)
Resistances: Fire 78, Cold 78, Lightning 79, Chaos 4%
Chance to block attacks: 65%
Chance to block spells: 75%
Block and stun recovery increase: 45%
Stun immunity
freeze immunity
Life regeneration: 154,9/s
Mana regeneration: 237,7/s

Incinerate tooltip dps: 3559,2 (GMP) and 5098,7 (LMP)

Spoiler

3 Current skill tree:

Eldritch Battery - Essential for a high enough mana pool that I can keep it always well above 35% and avoid the drawback of Infernal Mantle. Also helps with mana regen which allows me to use AA.

Mind over Matter - Great defensive ability with my high mana regen and mana leech.

Unwavering Stance - Essential for the build since getting stunned would cancel the casting of incinerate.

Other focus is on life nodes, block chance, life and mana regen, + max resists and some damage nodes.

Next few points will most likely go into life or combine life/mana nodes.

4 Current gear:

Infernal Mantle - Really good damage boost and the chaos damage conversion helps with mobs that have fire/elemental resistance. Also the decent amount of ES gives a lot of mana. The drawback is the increased spell damage taken in low mana which is why I try to avoid that and use max spell block.

Stone of Lazhwar - Mainly for the spell block chance but the other bonuses are also really nice for this build - I'll play around a bit to see how much that 1% fire damage life leech helps and maybe change it for one with +4 block chance. (I corrupted this one myself and it's good enough for now :))

Dream Fragments - Mainly for the freeze immunity but the mana bonuses are really helpful as well. (when I over cap my cold resist enough I might get one that converts 6% damage taken to mana)

Rathpith Globe - For pretty much everything it offers and with it I get more spell block then block :)

Cybil's Paw - With this high block chance I get better dps from it then from a 114% combined spell damage/ele damage sceptre. The life gain on hit also works incredibly well with the incredibly high rate of fire of Incinerate.

Other gear - mainly + max life and resists. Extra mana, ES and some stats don't hurt.

Spoiler

5 Skill gems and links:

Incinerate + Mana Leech + GMP + Spell Echo + Added Chaos Damage + Faster Casting - can replace GMP with LMP depending on the situation; better shotgun damage with GMP and better single stream damage with LMP for the mobs at the edge of the skills range. Quality on Incinerate is a must and a nice bonus on others if possible.

Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 1) + Enduring cry (5) + Flammability (5) - steady supply of Endurance Charges and curses - I'm using Flammability, Elemental Weakness and Enfeeble depending on the situation.

Cast When Damage Taken (MAX) + Increased Duration + Molten Shell + Immortal Call - pretty much disaster prevention since physical damage hurts me the most (big single hits) and when MS explodes I get a nice AoE damage boost.

Vaal Haste + Increased Duration + Flammability (max) - Vaal Haste gives a nice boost for 10 sec in both damage and mobility. The self cast Curse is mostly for bosses/rares with elemental resistance where I don't want to rely on the CWDT version.

Clarity + Tempest Shield + Life Leech + Reduced Mana - Clarity for the mana regen so I can sustain AA and keep my mana above 35%. Tempest Shield gives a nice block chance bonus and the Life Leech linked to it helps a bit with survivability and I had a free slot.

Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration + Faster Casting - Mobility

Arctic Armour - Damage Reduction

6 Flasks:

Spoiler

Needs some improving, basic flasks with some remove Bleeding effects since Corrupted Blood hurts a lot and you get max stacks really fast. The Unique is pretty good for extra damage and life leech and it compensates a bit for my low chaos resistance.

7 Gameplay:

Basically you activate Clarity, AA and Tempest Shield then warp around and kill mobs with incinerate and use Vaal Haste when you have enough souls. The playstile can be best described as "balls to the wall" since you want the shotgun damage on the monster you are killing. Can't really go into more detail since I have bad luck with map drops (haven't gotten a single lvl 74 or above) so I haven't played higher level maps yet.

I've done maps up to lvl 73 and I had no problems with the content. Double Temple and Torture Chamber bosses are easily doable, I have to pay some attention with the Torture chamber bosses though.

8 Wonders

So yeah the stuff I wonder about :)

I'm wondering if a lvl 4 Empower would be better than one of the other supports, mainly thinking of Added Chaos Damage (I still get the chaos damage conversion from the Infernal Mantle).

I would really appreciate any tips for gear/skills/passives.

And I apologize for the stuff I probably forgot to mention =/ I'll try to improve it in the future.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info