Displacement Dualist Build (Puncture + Reave Knockback)

Hermes_Exiled

Gameplay
Merciless Piety Demo
http://youtu.be/acuUEcm2jg8

-Reave acts as CC to take out trash mobs a distance
-Puncture rares and bosses to debuff bleed, then Reave to send them flying away at mock 8!
-Vulnerability curse double dips Puncture by increasing initial hit and damage over time
-69% Knockback + 0.09 Attack Time keeps enemies at a safe distance
-Iron Reflexes + Granite and Jade Flasks
-Unwavering Stance
-65% Block chance
-6 Endurance Charges
-CWDT Immortal Call + Frost Wall
-10% Life Leech from Carnage

Gem Links
Sword: Enduring Cry, Echo, Blood Magic
Shield: Reduced Mana, Hatred, Tempest Shield
Helmet: Puncture, Melee Physical, Melee Damage Full Life, Increased Duration (Empower)
Chest: Reave, Multistrike, Knockback, Increase AOE, Faster Attacks (Melee Physical)
Gloves: CWDT Lv7, Immortal Call Lv 8, Frost Wall Lv9, Increased Duration
Boots: Whirling Blades, Frenzy, Vulnerability, Blood Magic

Gear @ Lv78

Any suggestions or comments is helpful. Let me know how I can improve the build!
Last edited by jimmpannzee on Jul 12, 2014, 6:24:08 PM
Hi, your build is very similar to this end-game build:

[1.1.0] THE KNOCKBACK REAVER (CASCADING REAVE STACKS WITH KNOCKBACK)

But it hasn't been updated recently so you have a chance to modernise it.
GLHF
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
I'd go with Dagger + spectral throw + hatred + temporal chains on hit + 2/3x curses.

Temporal chains, chill and potentially projectile curse will stack with the knockback, spectral throw will hit twice and cold crit will give mini-freezes. It'll give abyssus something to work with and good crit will be sweet with puncture.
Also, puncture works somewhat well with + to skilllevels it seems. For the wealthy a lvl 4 Empower in a 4-link with +1 to all skill lvls and a lvl. 21 puncture would give added +24% damage and +41% dmg. when movement.
With the duration gem taken, it is also worth mentioning that puncture seems to be affected by + to skill effect duration and + debuff duration. Which means that there are 9 nodes giving + to duration. 120% in total. With crit + high duration, only the most damaging bleed would work = perfect for crit.
Added fire with crit and dot dmg would also be interesting.

Lastly, Bino + shadow-cluster DOT + Adders Touch = BINGO.

If dagger and/or spectral throw is too much of a bore, there is also something to say about twohanded swords and possibly 2x 6-links.
Last edited by Chiliconkarma on Jul 11, 2014, 3:52:40 AM
"
fiqst wrote:
Hi, your build is very similar to this end-game build:

[1.1.0] THE KNOCKBACK REAVER (CASCADING REAVE STACKS WITH KNOCKBACK)

But it hasn't been updated recently so you have a chance to modernise it.
GLHF

Ah you're right it's very similar! I think my build gears toward more casual players instead of lv 100 end game build haha

"
Chiliconkarma wrote:
I'd go with Dagger + spectral throw + hatred + temporal chains on hit + 2/3x curses.

Temporal chains, chill and potentially projectile curse will stack with the knockback, spectral throw will hit twice and cold crit will give mini-freezes. It'll give abyssus something to work with and good crit will be sweet with puncture.
Also, puncture works somewhat well with + to skilllevels it seems. For the wealthy a lvl 4 Empower in a 4-link with +1 to all skill lvls and a lvl. 21 puncture would give added +24% damage and +41% dmg. when movement.

You can't use multistrike with spectral throw though! Crit Puncture/Reave would definitely be interesting but I don't feel safe with reflect xD. I would love to test out a lv4 Empower but those thing are so dang expensive!

Updated to Lv 78
-Added Lunaris video demo
-Frenzy allows Reave to occasionally go over 10k

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info