PoeJoe's Hybrid Righteous Fire build (Cheap, snapshot-proof)

Hey guys, PoeJoe here.

Video of a map (69 without snapshotting): Running a map without snapshots
Video of a map (70 with snapshotting): Running a map with snapshots
Video of the build (For the lazy readers): Theory

About mid-league I started to think about my own Righteous Fire - character. And, as with anything else: I try to have somewhat different builds. So what did I not see so far: Hybrid RF-builds! Solution: create one! Now, if I get a lot of feedback or questions, I will add more to the build-guide and stuff, for now, I am just going to keep it simple and show you just the basics (Tree, Gear and a vid)

Now, with the changes announced to snapshotting, I actually tested the damage today without my 2 redbeaks. Still insane.

With level 83 and the gear I have (A bit better than mediocre, but far from perfect), I have 5763 HP and 1668 ES. For this to work, we just need 95% Fire resistance! Which can be obtained VERY easy!

Now, the passive tree is very simple: Aura-nodes and HP (With some regeneration, obviously, never hurts an RF-character)

The gear is pretty basic as well. You need 2 uniques: Voideye (1 chaos can get you one) and Rise of the phoenix) I use a perfect Aurumvorrax additionally, as 60% to all resists means, the rest of my gear only needs 3 stats. Life, Energy Shield and Strength. As you can see, my gear is far from perfect. I could have pieces with a lot more ES on them. However, the damage I deal is already nuts. The carcass Jack I use could be substituted by anything with HP, I just like the bigger area.

Current Gear

The biggest problem is that Voideye is league specific, so this insanely cheap method of getting the 95% Fire resistance is restricted to Invasion, Ambush and the standard-leagues.

Glad to hear your comments!

PoeJoe
Last edited by NijAAlba on Jun 30, 2014, 1:11:46 PM
nice build may try this since its viable without snapshotting
Well, the snapshot-nerf will just hit it a bit less than most RF-builds. You still deal a lot less damage without snapshotting. However, in comaprison to a lot of other builds, it deals significant damage.

The main point is most likely that it is the easiest way to get the 95% Fire resistance, tho. However, as Voideye is specific for Ambush and Invasion, it won't be possible in the next leagues, sadly :/
Added a video fo the build (theory)
Added a video of a map with snapshot
I´ve been considering to make new char for ongoing 1 month league, and this interests me... How much snapshot-proof is this build? can you do maps 74 upwards without snapshotting? I´m a bit scared of putting my time on this build and then snapshot nerf hits the deck and renders this build stuck at 66-69 maps :P
Last edited by Norwyn on Jul 15, 2014, 8:40:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info