Nahvi's Righteous Fire Incinerator

Greetings! This character is an augmented version of my basic Incinerator that I've posted here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/929296.

This build is great for soloing maps/Atziri as well as supporting your party members in difficult end-game content.

Pros:
Atziri capable!
Very tanky
Good AoE + single target damage
Very mobile
Rewards significant time investment

Cons:
Relatively expensive gear
Short range
Must be standing still to do damage
Relatively low maximum life pool

--The Build--

This build focuses on improving auras as well as life regeneration to support Righteous Fire. However, Righteous Fire isn't the primary damage source. Incinerate is augmented with Greater Multiple Projectiles to provide great AoE and single target damage. The "more" multiplier to spell damage from Righteous Fire coupled with the Frenzy Charges from Blood Rage gives you plenty of damage to take down tough map bosses and rogue exiles with ease, all while facetanking all their damage.

--Skill Tree--
Spoiler
http://poeurl.com/yQS3lsE

Bandits:
Spoiler
Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kill all
Merciless: Kill all

--Gems--

Incinerate:
Spoiler
6-link: Incinerate - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Added Chaos Damage - Life Leech - Faster Casting - Mana Leech

5-link: Incinerate - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Added Chaos Damage - Life Leech - Faster Casting/Mana Leech (Faster Casting for more damage, Mana Leech to support MoM and AA)

4-link: Incinerate - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Added Chaos Damage - Life Leech

Righteous Fire:
Spoiler
5-link: Righteous Fire - Increased Burning Damage - Concentrated Effect - Increased Area of Effect - Item Rarity (You can ignore Item Rarity if you only have a 4-link Carcass Jack

Auras:
Spoiler
4-link: Reduced Mana - Purity of Fire - Purity of Lightning - Discipline

3-link: Reduced Mana - Clarity - Vitality

Curses:
Spoiler
Elemental Weakness and Enfeeble

Other:
Spoiler
4-link or 2x2-link: Cast when Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Increased Duration (You can self cast Enduring Cry/Immortal Call if you choose to do so)

2-link: Empower - Arctic Armour

2-link: Lightning Warp - Reduced Duration

Blood Rage

--Gear--
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

Righteous Fire Snapshot:
Spoiler

--Gameplay--

Maps:
Spoiler
You should look out for the following map mods:

Freezing: Monsters deal x% extra Damage as Cold (with only 78% cold resistance and no Alpha's Howl/Dream Fragments, you can get frozen pretty easily)
of Elemental Weakness: Players are cursed with Elemental Weakness (make sure you are overcapped by at least 44% fire resistance)
of Exposure: -x% maximum Player Resistances (this isn't possible to run as RF--you can try it without RF on, but your clear speed will suffer)
of Hemonancy: Players have Blood Magic (no auras means you can't run RF and your overall survivability/damage will suffer--stay away!)
of Smothering: Players recover Life, Mana, and Energy Shield x% slower (this is fine with mana leech and 94+% fire resistance)
of Vulnerability: Players are cursed with Vulnerability (you'll take more damage from RF, but you should still outregen the damage)

Atziri:
Spoiler
I just took down Atziri today using 2 Ruby flasks, 2 Topaz flasks, and a Staunching Hallowed Life Flask. I'm looking into recording video of the kill as well as some other gameplay. Check back in a week or so!

Drops:
Spoiler
A long time ago, on a Wraeclast far, far away...
Last edited by nahvi_milieux on Jun 10, 2014, 6:48:19 PM
care to explain why the "The Vertex"?
"
allan1337 wrote:
care to explain why the "The Vertex"?

Auras reserve ~75% of my mana, and I don't have any mana/regen nodes on the tree except for Shaper and Mana Geyser. However, with EB I still have ~4500 mana thanks to Discipline and the ES on my gear. The Vertex gives an insane amount of ES while also providing the +1 level to gems and Chaos resistance to support Blood Rage.

I've looked around for a 350+ ES helm with life+chaos resist and there aren't any for sale. If you have a lvl 21 PoF/PoL, then I would recommend using an Alpha's Howl and maybe dropping the 0.4% regen nodes at the Scion start for the %mana nodes.

tl;dr: even with Unwavering Stance (and no IR) the ES/+1 level/Chaos res makes it a pretty decent helm for the build.
Wow! You did it. This is what I've wanted to do since like a year ago. leveling advice?

Currently: Level 23 with a respec available. It looks like I was leveling as ST but it's been so long idk what to do.
There is grief in wisdom, there is sorrow in truth
Yet, the heart of the wise is in the house of mourning
And by sad countenance the heart is made stonger in time
So, I embrace this burden and weep for the fools that chase the wind
Last edited by Magnetic_n0rth on Jun 24, 2014, 1:25:54 AM
uhm i couldnt help but look at ur tree after i tried making my own and since what i came up with had all the same aura nodes just more life i figured id post it. its 232% and has 5.4% base regen. http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA2E2UoNpiaHT56ILHQYco-rc-6-7-CriTiPGnCAx9NZKdro9GEH-18hps0NDGnm6qqW4ZhfPdz2VKyHgNJKpVxj8nC2FYrzbpFm8qTXloNujjavrSFSDrLMEEOlIXLyzpg9usR18_Djxk54bR3Q38SxmG45-iD0Kjn8tV1iSwW6_8xc5xykonLy7_dgiApE4qZ6BsFm-ewzrvDlBQKaWHdoMJm7W8n0p9RnEZiqSstAzhiPsJ8i-TJx2q9tpqO0TnqBgc3BqPf8bxdiepEZZabQ5IcLskPJ2q2ROnXGKsL29JUdad

edit: and dear god why would u run blood rage on an RF build. ur basicly negating ur own regen if u cant maintain near capped chaos, the cast speed just isnt worth it. maybe use blooddance instead for regen and less cast speed but bloodrage is ilogical
Last edited by rexuros on Jun 29, 2014, 9:45:45 PM
"
rexuros wrote:
uhm i couldnt help but look at ur tree after i tried making my own and since what i came up with had all the same aura nodes just more life i figured id post it. its 232% and has 5.4% base regen. http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA2E2UoNpiaHT56ILHQYco-rc-6-7-CriTiPGnCAx9NZKdro9GEH-18hps0NDGnm6qqW4ZhfPdz2VKyHgNJKpVxj8nC2FYrzbpFm8qTXloNujjavrSFSDrLMEEOlIXLyzpg9usR18_Djxk54bR3Q38SxmG45-iD0Kjn8tV1iSwW6_8xc5xykonLy7_dgiApE4qZ6BsFm-ewzrvDlBQKaWHdoMJm7W8n0p9RnEZiqSstAzhiPsJ8i-TJx2q9tpqO0TnqBgc3BqPf8bxdiepEZZabQ5IcLskPJ2q2ROnXGKsL29JUdad

edit: and dear god why would u run blood rage on an RF build. ur basicly negating ur own regen if u cant maintain near capped chaos, the cast speed just isnt worth it. maybe use blooddance instead for regen and less cast speed but bloodrage is ilogical

That's ok for mapping, but I'm doing Atziri. Good luck with 3 endurance charges. I like this version of what you posted a bit better: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA2E2UoNpiaHT56ILHQYco-rc-6-7-CriTiPGnCAx9NZKPRhB_tfIdFNDQxp5uqqlu-tLPZUrIeA0XLzbpVcY_JwthWK9k54bRJKrjahZvKk15aDboVdYksBmFFSDrLMEEOlKApBpsLOmD26xHXz8OPPPd3Q38SxmG459Co5_LW6_8xc5xykonL3YITipnoGwWb57DOu8OKaWHdoMJm7W8n0p9RnEZiqSstAzhiC2D-wnyL5MnHaqXBvbaajtE56gYHNzEohqPf8bxdiepEZZabXC7JDzZE6dcL29JUbvj_ro=

Lost a little life for Ballistic Mastery basically. The problem isn't staying alive with this build...it is incredibly tanky. Mainly you just want the damage. And I run Blood Rage because why not? I have close to capped chaos res and with the new Spell Echo, it's retarded not to.
Last edited by nahvi_milieux on Jul 23, 2014, 1:21:50 AM
Hi,
you build uis insane :) Mean insane good.
I`m running incinerate witch and it is good, but with comparison to this it`s like a kid :)

What do you plan to do after they nerf snapshoting? Withou RF it wont work as well.
The RF "nerf" won't affect it much at all. I'm mainly using RF for the spell damage modifier.
Last edited by nahvi_milieux on Jul 23, 2014, 1:20:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info