Low-Life Bow Witch - Ele Crit + Skeletons - 40K LA

Critical strike bow witch with low-life, based on elemental damage and summon skeletons

This build is for those with high level witches that want to play a witch-based bow build and destroy everything.

BUILD IN PROGRESS. Testing out.
- Testing many things including Lightning Arrow vs. Split Arrow
- Single
- My witch is only level 77 atm, and I still need to upgrade some gear pieces and redo some links for skeletons and auras.

Inspiration for this build came from:
Bed: "Witch Shotgun Bitch" elemental crit (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/528927)
Dsfarblarwaggle: Ranger Low-Life high aura Windripper (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/912390)

Why Witch?
- Looks cute
- Mana regen, and can easily use heavy mana skills like Summon Skeletons in 4L and Elemental Hit
- Close to high spell damage nodes for CoE
- Close to strong elemental nodes such as Lightning Weaver, Heart of Ice, Blaze, Shock, Freeze
- Possibility to go dual perma curse with Hex Master and Whispers of Doom

Key Skills:
- Split arrow for AOE and PCOC
- Summon Skeletons: shield + distraction
- Frenzy: single target and frenzy charges
- Elemental Hit: high single target damage

Passive Tree at level 77:

Planned Passive Tree at level 90 (crit multiplier, Freeze, Shock & Blaze & bow crit chance)

Key Nodes:
- Flask Effect Nodes
- Witch spell damage nodes
- Critical Strike

Gear:

Reflect:
- High resistances help against elemental reflect, but I have stacked crit multiplier very high
- Can do elemental packs, but CANNOT do elemental reflect maps unless you have Atziri's gloves
- I decided not to go Vaal Pact - stretches the passive points way too much and you can do fine with leech + playing at range + summon skeletons for distraction
- For elemental reflect pack - pop a resistance flask for +max resistance - you 1 shot them anyway

Notes:
- Feels safer than spectral throw - can offscreen easily and do not have to get close
- Use summon skeletons as a shield, this serves as great distraction and meat-shield and I can avoid A LOT of damage and just DPS from range safely
- I love the flask buff nodes on the Witch
- Use Divination Distillate for defense for max resistances and spam a heavy mana skill like elemental hit to keep it in action. Flask recovery is 30% increased so you can use Div Distillate very frequently. Also works well with magic find with Windripper
- Originally was using Split Arrow, but now I am running with single LA - it gives enough AOE and with Projectile Weakness curse you get even greater AOE capabilities. LA quality also gives greater shock duration. Still looking into LA mechanics, may incorporate Frost Wall

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 1, 2014, 1:50:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info