Wabachaw's NEW RT/IG Marauder build and gear thread. Now with more Vaal Skills

**7/21 Update** Soon I will be changing my passives to this. Dropping Iron Grip and taking Point Blank. Expect a larger update soon in this thread.

*DISCLAIMER*
I am in no way claiming I came up with this build. The build at the core is one of the standard HC melee builds and the addition of Iron Grip and Resolute Technique is something nearly everyone realized would be valuable for Molten Strike

Additional Notes: I had an old thread here in the Ranger forum

Alright well here we go again, fresh out of the 2 week charity even this is my Marauder molten strike character. Honestly I learned a lot leveling as Molten Strike in the 2 week race. Mostly I learned that leveling as 1 handed molten strike is pretty terrible. Furthermore, you should really use Spectral Throw while leveling in conjunction with Molten Strike because of the utility it brings. With that out of the way, lets get into the gear and build as it stands now.

Current Passive Tree 5/27/14 @ lvl80
***CHECK TOP OF THREAD***

Gear

Molten Strike DPS

Molten Strike DPS with Vaal Haste

Vaal Molten Shell

Self found entirely except for the BoR. I did some trading to get that. The Lioneye's Remorse was not something I actually got to use in the 2 week, I just had one back in Invasion so I swapped it out. The actual shield I used in the event was awful.

BUT WAIT THERES MORE!

Besides learning how terrible it could be leveling as this, I also found out some awesome things while doing this.

1. Vaal Haste is awesome!
2. Vaal Molten Shell is awesome as well!
3. Doryani's Catalyst looks to be an amazing weapon for this build. Before the charity event I had planned on trying to obtain a Soul Taker.
4. Vaal Cyclone is too good to not use for mapping. The clear speed is just too slow without it. I did not feel comfortable using it in the event because of my poor defenses

So where is this build heading?

After I fix a few pieces of gear for my resists and I buy a Doryani's Catalyst or find one, this will be my passive tree In addition I plan on dropping BoR and the blood magic gems. Further down the road I may even look into dropping Resolute Technique and grabbing Galvanic Hammer. However, that would also mean getting accuracy on gear and picking up the 1 handed crit nodes. This may or may not be viable. LMP and GMP are also some gems I am going to test out in the future, especially since quality on each grants attack speed. I am going to 6link Molten Strike with multistrike, weapon elemental damage, faster attacks, melee physical and fire penetration. None of this is set in stone though, so I will be updating this thread as necessary.

***CHECK TOP OF THREAD***
twitch.tv/wabachaw
Last edited by wabachaw on Jul 21, 2014, 5:20:03 PM
reserved
twitch.tv/wabachaw
reserved
twitch.tv/wabachaw
I suggest you check out either my 1h build, or the community one for a bunch of info on gemming and such! Save you some time :)
IGN: Dmillz
Also, the more vaal gems you use the less you acutally get to use them, the souls split for each geam so youll be able to use each one like once or twice per map
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on May 27, 2014, 9:57:38 PM
I have tested both three dragons and BoR and a three dragons set up is definitely better when running a 5L armor. Get a 6L and BoR is just to far behind. Also no point blank? Flat 43-50% dmg increase to projectiles at all times. Does wonders to your AoE clear speed. As Dmillz said, might want to check out some of the other guides to give you direction on where to take your build. Also as others have said, more vaal skills is not better.
Last edited by Kartikdon on May 29, 2014, 3:40:50 PM
I will revisit this build soon to give it some updates. A lot of things have been brought to my attention and I have also learned quite a bit. Example, the fact that MORE vaal gems means less uptime for each of them. I still think using two is perfectly fine though.
twitch.tv/wabachaw
I am also playing around with another build that I will be posting in the forums that looks to be somewhat promising. Many of the things I will be implementing into the new build will also work with this so expect some updates.
twitch.tv/wabachaw

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info