[1.1.4] Aernil amazing Arsonist (Flame Surge + Three Dragons)

General Idea + Character History
Spoiler
Equip
Spoiler

I already am playing a STR IronWill Marauder using Glacial Cascade and Cold to Fire conversion (gem/avatar of fire) to get a decent amount of fire damage, which might cause shocks due to Static Blows.
In the beginning I just played STR, but then also started to use Righteous Fire as a significant damage buff which further increased chance to shock+duration.
Due to the need to get shockstacks to improve damage (still quite low compared to GC crit builds) I used Firetrap + Increased Burning Damage + Elemental Proliferation + Iron Will which proved to be quite impressive against large packs of monsters, killing off the whole group with 1-2 traps and only leaving shockstacked rares/bosses standing.
While Glacial Cascade works quite well in that build, Flame Surge seems to be even better.
According to the available infos it's damage is pretty much identical to GC, it is pure fire.
That means that there's no need for Cold to Fire anymore, which frees up a link.
While you might lose the nice damage diversity of the old build (that is if you don't run AoF), you gain a lot from having pure fire damge and being able to run Fire Penetration in a 5L.
Due to Firetrap and RF, you pretty much always benefit from Flame Surge's damage multiplier, which should give immense amounts of damage together with Fire Pen and Shockstacks, far beyond tooltip DPS.

BUILD
Spoiler

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wJxBLMFLQVbFCAUTRcvGJEZLhmFGjgaVRpsG_odFCSqJLAl3ycvJ9Un7S7_Nug26TrYPAU8LT38ROdHflBHUFBVtVXGVw1YY1nzXz9gS2EhZKNlTWaeZ71qHm5pdO1673y7gKSDOITZhO-G0YuMjM-PRpBVm6GezZ_fogCiD6QZpKynMKeEqBirxayqvJ_AGsEExFjEuMT2xYrG2M9l0NDSIdX42WHi6uNq45_sOO5v7w7vfPAf8i_z3fZI-tI=
Due to lack of information, I'm not sure if it's necessary to go for the Witch AoE nodes.
I'm also not yet sure whether or not I want to go for Purity of lightning + Lightning Coil.
The rest of the tree is basic RF/STR build.
Though Inner Force buffs the damage taken from RF, it also adds ~15% MORE damage.

Links
Spoiler
Links I plan to use:
Flame Surge - life Leech - Fire Pen - Iron Will
Flame Surge - life Leech - Fire Pen - Iron Will - Faster Casting
Flame Surge - life Leech - Fire Pen - Iron Will - Faster Casting - 20% Added Lightning Damage

in Doon Cuebiyari:
Fire trap - Increased Burning Damage - Elemental Proliferation

Vaal Molten Shell - Iron Will - Increased Duration - Life Leech

Reduced Mana - Clarity - Vitality - Purity of Fire
Nevermind. AoE of Flame Surge seems waaaay too low to use as main skill.
Lol that was quick. Nice build tho. Always wanted to build an Iron Will character.
Youtube @guitarguy234
Twitter @guitarguy234
twitch.tv/awsomesawcee
My band: http://www.slackjawbluesband.com
Nice ideas at least, fun to wwarp your brain around thinking of new builds
I can be spotted wondering Wraeclast
Hi, how to choose a reward for bandits?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info