Invasion Flameblast/Prolif - Cheap & Effective for soloing end game maps.

Note: Build is due for an update which will happen soon. Most of the passive tree is unchanged. Main thing is flame surge is a much better option than fireball. There are other minor changes and everything will be updated before and after the expansion hits.

Gear (in 2 wk race):

Flask setup:

Skill tree:
(Lvl 100 Build)
Spoiler
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgUAAnEC4wQHBLMFWwdjB6UI9BFQFE0VUBZvGYUaMho4Gmwc3B0UHpQfAiQ8JKonqSjFKPorDSycLKYxiDQKNsU26TdmN4M62DwFPI49X0NjRKtFnUZxRtdJUUmyTDVN2FFgUlNVrlXGVytXyVj1Wm1mnmvbcH1xTXNTeQN6qn5ZfuJ_xoFvghCCx4MJgziFxYt6i4yMdo9Gj6aQVZDWkyeXlZf0ms-a4J3Enjyf36IApuunCKcrp1ynhKmVrD-0DLcxuJPAGsBUz2XQ0Ngk2t3cV9-w4XPi9-Nq5nzquuvu7DjtIO988B_zvvPd-ej60g==

This is obviously not for the 2 week race but I have a templar on Invasion with the same build and this is how I wanted it to look given I made it to 100. Reduced mana nodes and the 2 nodes that give 10% all res while wearing a shield would be dropped to help reach to the right side of the tree.

(Lvl 90 Build)
Spoiler
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgUAAnEC4wQHBLMFWwdjB6UI9BFQEmkUTRVQFm8XHBcvGYUaMho4GmwdFB8CJKooxSj6Kw0snCymMYg2xTbpN4M62DwFPI49X0NjRZ1G10myTDVN2E99UWBSU1WuVcZV1lcrV8lY9WTnZp5r23B9cU1xeXNTeQN6qn7igFaApIFvghCCx4M4hcWLeouMjHaPRpBVkNaXlZf0ms-a4J2uncSePJ_fogCm66cIpyunhKmVtzG4k8AawFTPZdDQ2CTa3d-w4XPi9-Nq5nzr7uw47SDvfPAf877z3fno-tI=

I would usually get the block nodes toward the end when its most needed in merciless/mapping. Other than that the clear speed for leveling with this build is amazing if you rush the 2 area nodes (1 each near both templar and witch tree). Doing this also provides plenty of hp/es along the way.

--------------

The reason this build is rather cheap is because it doesnt need a 6 link or even a 5 link for it to be effective. I am currently lvl 88 clearing 76-77 maps in the 2 week race fairly quickly with the 4 link setup you see above. Having a 5 link no doubt increases the effectiveness greatly. Fire resistant mobs are extremely annoying without fire penetration and it would easily be my 5th link of choice. Since I am not running fire penetration on my flame blast, I also run fireball/lmp/faster cast/fire pen for those high hp fire res mobs. Also fireball helps with the "squirlly" type monsters that are hard to catch in your flame blast.

Rathpith and Rainbowstride uniques helps make this build work really well in maps. With the passives above, these two uniques and tempest shield running you will be sitting at approx 54% chance to block and 42% spellblock which is very good especially against invasion bosses. Because you wont have much armor, its important to stack as much es/hp as possible for a high effective hp pool. I always like to have at least 3.5-4k ES buffer to let me know when I need to run away from danger.

More information and videos later if people would like. Feel free to stop by my stream if you would like to see this build in action. I will be streaming for as long as im alive in the 2 week race.

www.twitch.tv/vexcid
ign: Vexcid
Last edited by Vexcid on Aug 4, 2014, 3:09:10 AM
Ever try to use detonate dead instead if fireball?

Would be interesting to rip the squirmy ones
IGN: Wirefleece , Complexion
DD is one ability I just havent got around to trying yet..Good idea though. Im gonna start leveling one.
Got a 5-L in 2 week. Oh how ive missed you fire pen.
don8 ur old armor + dagger
i cant find one to save my life BB =(

#1 fan

IGN Corsucate <3
Wish I would have seen your reply sooner. Both sold in my store already :(
reeep, nice big crit reflect offscreen :(
oh no =*( that sucks bro im sorry.

i ripped my first run around becuase i had 55% light res and was in merci and thought i could 2 shot the devourer invador =(

hit him once and the burn took him down to 20% and i charged while his lightning ball triple stacked me
Next time I think ill run a fire res flask for reflect..This was the first time I had any reflect issues with this build.
"
Vexcid wrote:
Next time I think ill run a fire res flask for reflect..This was the first time I had any reflect issues with this build.

i leveld with cloak of flames so i used a ruby flask with flask recovery + immunity to curses.

best thing to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info