Pooky's Molten Strike Build

In this short but sweet guide I will show you how I run molten strike and how I have had success with it.

Gear:

So the above gear is my current set up. If you don't have this gear its fine just try to get similar gear if you can.

Explanation of gear:

I went for a more balanced build with high defense and high dos. The aegis aurora block build is pretty straight forward. Get block and 500+ es=win. Then i stack high evasion or armor gear it doesn't matter which because i get Iron reflexes that converts all evasion to armor. The helm is a huge dps increase so try to get that and a 5-6link chest if you can.

Gems:

5L= BM + MS + Multistrike + Melee Phys + Faster Attacks/Life Leech.

6L= BM + MS + Multistrike + Melee Phys + Physical Proj Dps + Faster Attacks

Of coarse swap in a Life Leech if things get cray cray.

Build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwEswUtFy8ZLhoyGjgb-h0UJd8nLyftKMUppTH7MgkyiTWSOtg8LT38QT9Hfkp9TDVN2E4qT31RYFHmU99W-lfiWGNY21nzW69fP2BLZOdlTWaeZ5tnoGqTbEZuaXB9cmx0QXTteA1674BWhNmE74d2iPGMdozPkAqQVZJ9mG-bWJuDoLSiAKQZpKykwqeEqW6sqqyvtC-0-bXytkG3Pryfvoq-p8APwBrE9sauxtjSTdSP1e3dDd7B45_kUeSt5c_sOO8O8B_yL_MG8772SPrS-6r8xf4K

Skills and Gems:

I use in my helm Enduring Cry + Cast on damage taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration.

Since my weapon has a lvl 20 ele prolif built in I use a Cast on damage taken + Cold Snap + Increased AOE. But i might switch it from CODT to Cast on crit.

Leap Slam for getting around, elemental weakness and crit weakness.

Frenzy on BM as well.

Auras:

Hatred, Grace, Tempest Sheild.

Regular Instant flask and speed and granite as seen above.

Over all stacking crit dps is going to be ok because you can block reflect. Molten strike is really powerful if you get your set up right. I stack mostly physical dps and have some ele dps nodes but not many. Get about 65+ block and 55+ spell block. 10k+ armor and 4500+ life and 500+ es will be fine. I do double crema boss maps with ease. Also I got point blank on the passive tree because it was near the health nodes i was getting, it was a substantial dps increase. Conc effect and increased AOE are bad in my opinion. Fork, chain, and pierce do not even work with this skill. LMP and GMP are terrible do not ever use these skills with it not even at 20/20 they are so bad. The dps reduction is terrible. You can get iron grip on the passive tree but i didn't because i needed more block nodes. Iron grip does work to my knowledge.

My dps is like 16k tooltip but we all know that the projectiles are not calculated in that so I'm not really sure what my dps is i just know i wreck face in high level maps.

Thanks for reading let me know if you have questions.

IGN Bareaveme

-Pookyfied
Here until the end.
Last edited by pookyfied on May 14, 2014, 6:23:36 AM
Bump for a crazy build by a crazy man!
IGN: PantsAreSilly
Last edited by ThePetre on May 14, 2014, 4:58:46 PM
Melee Physical is a bad gem choice FYI. Doesn't scale the projectiles at all. Also no WED, the is arguably the best support gem possible for Molten Strike.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:
Melee Physical is a bad gem choice FYI. Doesn't scale the projectiles at all. Also no WED, the is arguably the best support gem possible for Molten Strike.

It is my understanding melee physical damage does indeed scale the fire balls because %60 of all physical damage is converted to the fire balls, so that being said any and all physical damage gems will indeed scale the fire balls. Melee physical gives me more base physical damage, therefore that extra damage is then converted to fire. Weapon elemental damage does give you more elemental damage yes but not overall, scaling the skill on pure physical is going to be overall more dps because the initial hit is higher and the fire balls do more too.

Thanks for your post.

-Pookyfied

EDIT- I did confirm that you are correct Dmillz, so that being said I will continue to further test molten strike, however there is nothing wrong with having your initial hit harder.

Here until the end.
Last edited by pookyfied on May 14, 2014, 8:27:06 PM
"
ThePetre wrote:
Bump for a crazy build by a crazy man!

Thanks for showing me some love!

-Pookyfied
Here until the end.
This is true! I just find that the single target is already so good with Molten Strike that it is unneeded. It isn't really a bad gem...just sub-optimal IMO. Glad you went out and did your research though!
IGN: Dmillz
Your gem choices are bad. The projectiles scale off of weapon damage not melee damage. Read the gem. As such, phys projectile and melee damage are both only scaling half of your damage. Drop both gems and replace with weapon ele damage and added fire for a significant dps boost.
Its an interesting build, one thing i wondered is how you got 2 auras and tempest shield running without Reduced mana reserved passive, with my maruader i had to grab the passives by unwavering stance to pull it off. {Doh i see it now) Anyway good job cheers.
Last edited by Fhark on Jun 21, 2014, 3:32:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info