Why is trading so hard now?

Is it because no one is playing standard? Or is no one playing POE... either way I am sad...

[Post Edited by Support]
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Apr 19, 2014, 5:24:32 AM
"
Is it because no one is playing standard? Or is no one playing POE... either way I am sad...

Trading has never been easy. GGG is working on a formal (better? only time will tell) way to trade but we all need to keep in mind that an arp is all about questing, monster killing, and looting first and foremost and trading should be way down on the arpg priority list. We should never ever forget how the easy trading auction house in D3 killed it by making it a commodity simulator program with an arpg tacked on. If GGG places too much emphasis on trading and the in-game economy then questing/killing/looting is given short shrift and PoE is doomed to the same fate as the original D3. We never want that to happen here.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Apr 19, 2014, 4:22:41 AM
trading will obviously get progressively harder in mature leagues has the number of good items people already have increases, and the player base remains stable.

Anyone who has traded 5L chest pieces over the past 18 months would notice for example that the prices of mediocre trip res/hp level 70 5L chests have depreciated significantly from (upto)9ex to ~4ex.

short answer: the line people draw between "good" and "garbage" gear is getting more defined.
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
Last edited by conall88 on Apr 18, 2014, 11:39:00 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Trading has never been easy. GGG is working on a formal (better? only time will tell) way to trade but we all need to keep in mind that an arp is all about questing, monster killing, and looting first and foremost and trading should be way down on the arpg priority list. We should never ever forget how the easy trading auction house in D3 killed it by making it a commodity simulator program with an arpg tacked on. If GGG places too much emphasis on trading and the in-game economy then questing/killing/looting is given short shrift and PoE is doomed to the same fate as the original D3. We never want that to happen here.

Good post. I totally agree.
Yeah, I usually get tons of PM's and friend requests when I post my stuff up on forums, but now nobody cares... lol (they're pretty good stuff, not trash)

EDIT:
is it fair to say that the player base is not increasing fast enough to support the "new player base" that buys these (sub godly) stuff??
Last edited by AridZephyr on Apr 19, 2014, 5:23:30 AM
Trading is really easy if you play in Invasion. You can sell shitty rares, uniques, gems very easily if you have a shop and know what worth your items. PPl ripping every day, the economy always fresh.

After lvl 87 and 86 invasion rip, I make a char in ambush. I see the trading chat and the economy seems very good. Mostly i see fair prices.

Standard is bullshit. You only see in trading chat this : wts legacy bor, wts legacy aegis, wts legacy kaoms, wts legacy iiq gem. Most of the items are really overpriced like crown of eyes, shav, etc. If you want to buy some rares, you can only find overpriced craps. reaaly fucking overpriced craps. And this all hate not because i dont have legacys or op items (like the mjölner crybabes). Just really sad what happened with this league in the last 1 year.
Spoiler

If you want better trading experiences, you should play in invasion/ambush.
Level 100 Ranger fb_stnemesis
Level 100 Witch fb_HungarianWitch
Level 100 Scion fb_scioonn
In game mostly at CEST 6PM-8PM (not every day), except weekends
Last edited by fbzzs on Apr 19, 2014, 5:52:58 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"

Very true! Now if only we can make GGG understand this, that would be great.
Slaying Monsters > Trading
"
Slaying Monsters > Trading

Unless you actually want good loot.

Anyways, trading is fine in temp leagues. It's only the permanent leagues (especially standard) where trading is a problem. And as has been pointed out, that's because 99% of people are only looking to buy/sell super endgame or legacy gear.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
TIP: Trade items for items in standard (with no orbs involved).
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info