[Ambush] Godly Thor Guide By JS_Thor

This is my first posted build, which is still in progress.

I call this build Godly Thor hence the hammer it requires.
This build has only been tested for PVE since that's what i enjoy doing.

The build will end up with 2 mjölners, but is a work in progress since the hammers are little expensive.

Pros/Cons

Pros:
+Good damage
+Good clear speed
+Amazing lightning clouds around you
+Good Lifepool
+Decent survivability

Cons:
-Not so party friendly
-"Expensive"

The build itself has few requirements to be able to be used, one item which is expensive.
The Mjölner is a must to use this build, so unless you have one i would not recommend you starting the build.
Required Items

Skilltree as of current level
Spoiler

Level: 84 http://tinyurl.com/n3sqj7o

Current Gear
Spoiler

Videos of doing maps and also skilltree /10 points will be added with time.
Thanks for showing interest in the build and if you have any ideas on how to improve the build feel free to let me know.
Last edited by saratiko on Apr 20, 2014, 9:50:52 AM
You could permantently curse yourself with Punishment to get 2x the amout of life gained on hit. Well this is not really a build, just the use of an extremely expensive and powerful item. Nothing special.

Or what makes this build special in your eyes, compared to other characters using Thor's Hammer?

edit:
Btw you should also get twice the amount of Arc procs ;-)
IGN: Btch

The Scream http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1282942
Immaculate Forest Hideout http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1092016
Last edited by Lars30 on Apr 25, 2014, 2:35:39 PM
"
Lars30 wrote:
You could permantently curse yourself with Punishment to get 2x the amout of life gained on hit. Well this is not really a build, just the use of an extremely expensive and powerful item. Nothing special.

Or what makes this build special in your eyes, compared to other characters using Thor's Hammer?

edit:
Btw you should also get twice the amount of Arc procs ;-)

It's still in theory crafting, compared to other builds this one has a bit different pathing and will change even more to be a completely unique build.

I guess the self cursing is a possibility, but i would have to end up changing the build quite a bit and i dont know if it will be worth it in the end.

I will probably put the dual mjölner on hold for a while, and make the build tankier, especially for Atziri so she will become farmable.
Twice the amount of procs is basically 100% MORE damage. For 4 passive points, I think that is a pretty good deal :-D Though I don't know how much damage you will actually inflict on yourself. But with GMP and Chain reducing the physical damage, it should be low enough.

I also don't think Iron Will is a good idea. I mean you don't have that much strenght after all. How much damage do you gain from it? If you simply add another Arc, you get 50% MORE damage. Or maybe use Lightning Penetration. Against an enemy with 75% lightning resistance, a level 10 light pen will give you 100% MORE damage. Against an enemy with 0% lightning resistance a level 10 light pen still gives 25% MORE damage.

Stack those multipliers!

You can use Shackles of the Wretched to curse yourself permanently, and then switch back to normal gloves.

Sorry if my first post made me sound like a dick, I'm just jealous I don't have that hammer :D

Last edited by Lars30 on Apr 26, 2014, 7:34:15 AM
"
Lars30 wrote:
Twice the amount of procs is basically 100% MORE damage. For 4 passive points, I think that is a pretty good deal :-D Though I don't know how much damage you will actually inflict on yourself. But with GMP and Chain reducing the physical damage, it should be low enough.

I also don't think Iron Will is a good idea. I mean you don't have that much strenght after all. How much damage do you gain from it? If you simply add another Arc, you get 50% MORE damage. Or maybe use Lightning Penetration. Against an enemy with 75% lightning resistance, a level 10 light pen will give you 100% MORE damage. Against an enemy with 0% lightning resistance a level 10 light pen still gives 25% MORE damage.

Stack those multipliers!

You can use Shackles of the Wretched to curse yourself permanently, and then switch back to normal gloves.

Sorry if my first post made me sound like a dick, I'm just jealous I don't have that hammer :D

Yea it's true that the dmg increases, but it's not like the damage needs buffing, would also die alot easier due to reflect and things like that, and the plan of this build is to be tanky with great dps, and this solution would make me even more into a glass cannon.

For Iron Will i am going to swap out to Lightning penetration, since i would probably need 700+ str to compensate for the dmg lightning pen would give me if the kill speed decreases ill just swap back to iron will. 3 arcs i wont do though then i would rather stick to iron will.

No offence taken, it's always good to talk about the build with someone, as i said, it's still in theorycrafting :D
Dual Mjolner doesn't really make sense, because double strike + shield is simply better
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Last edited by KiPad on Apr 29, 2014, 11:56:59 AM
Nothing indicates that it only works with hits made by the hammer. An easy way to test this is to use a skill that uses only daggers/swords, put Mjölner in offhand and hit a few times.

Choosing between a second Mjölner and a shield is probably where you should go for defense instead of offense. A shield can give you a ton of survivability - and as you said, you don't need the maximum possible damage.

"
Lars30 wrote:
Nothing indicates that it only works with hits made by the hammer. An easy way to test this is to use a skill that uses only daggers/swords, put Mjölner in offhand and hit a few times.

Choosing between a second Mjölner and a shield is probably where you should go for defense instead of offense. A shield can give you a ton of survivability - and as you said, you don't need the maximum possible damage.

doesnt work. advantage of cyclone is u get two hits per attack. If you use dual wield mjolner + ST, then you only hit once with mjolner, ST will not proc on hit. If you use 1 mjolner + shield, both hits will be with mjolner. So there's literally no advantage to using two mjolners, as you would still only get 2 hits per spin/attack, except you're hitting once with each instead of twice with one. And you're losing the shield bonuses which is huge. Personally, I think double strike is better than cyclone, because of mana cost, although cyclone has advantage of stun immunity, which is potentially huge depending on pathing. At any rate, dual mjolner doesn't make sense and gives no advantage whatsoever.
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Last edited by KiPad on Apr 29, 2014, 12:06:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info